Terminal Gate Connection
Connecting flight? Use this tool to help you get between terminals.
Walk Time: min
Shuttle Route min
Shuttle Time: min
The Passenger Terminal Complex at Kuala Lumpur International Airport consists of a large Main Terminal 'KLIA1' - with Contact Pier (CP1) and Satellite Building (SAT), and the Low-Cost CarrierTerminal 'KLIA2' (6 km from toll plaza). While ‘Contact Pier’ (Concourse) of CLIA1 uses A & B gates for domestic flights, and G & H gates for international flights - its Satellite uses C gates for international arrivals & departures only. Both 'CLIA1' and 'CLIA2' have their own immigration facilities. KLIA 2's access is located within the Gateway@KLIA2 complex (also used for other public transport).
Note: While the Airport refers to its terminals as 'CLIA1 & CLIA2' - airlines may refer to them as T1 /T2 - or include the gate area ('T1-A' means: Clia1, at contact pier 1 /CP1, gate A) - and to be more confusing, if arriving with Malaysia Airlines at CLIA1, your ticket may show 'Terminal M' or 'TM' which is the Main Terminal.
- Security has been beefed up since the recent attack in early July 2016. All bags & passengers go now through the same screening checks.
- Alternative check-in: Passengers may check in using the 'KL Central' - Kuala Lumpur's train terminal (linking both CLIA & KLIA2), which now has the same upgraded security screening, and more closed-circuit TVs and screening machines have been installed there.
- Under the 5-year business plan 'Runway to Success 2020', MAHB - the Airport operator, presented in April 2016 plans to develop 1,000 acres of land surrounding the Airport - with key projects to include a theme park, hotel, KLIA Aerotech Park, CLIA Cargo & Logistics Park and a Regional Trans-shipment Center .
- Connecting KLIA1 with its satellite & KLIA 2 terminal: The Aerotrain, a driverless train on an elevated rail, runs every 3 to 5 minutes between them, taking 2 minutes for each stop. Also, both the KLIA Express & KLIA Transit train serve both terminals and can be used for transfer (costing MYR2) , taking 3 minutes only.
- Baggage checkout services: Rail Link Sdn Bhd offers baggage check-out services, where passengers only collect their baggage and declare taxable items.
- Arriving passengers: At the arrivals counter you are able to purchase the Prioriry Access Pass for fast-track immigration clearance.
- Information Counters are strategically located and handle inquiries, paging, lost & found and other services:
- Main Terminal, Departure Hall (tel : +603-8776 4386 / 4389) & International Arrival Hall (tel : +603-8776 3689);
- Main Terminal's contact pier (tel: +603-8776 0259);
- Satellite Building (SAT). (tel: +603-8776 2454).
- The Visitor Service Center on level 2 of the Main Terminal Building at the baggage reclaim area, open 24 hours a day, provides information relevant to the airport, flights, accommodations, transportation and tourism. Tel: +603-8776 5651/5647; Fax: +603-8776 5722; E-mail: email@example.com.
- Internet access at kiosks is free (except for telephony & web access) located in the Satellite Building. Each kiosk has four PC units.
- A Meet & Greet Service is at KLIA's Baggage Reclaim Hall on level 3. A dedicated porter will take you onboard the train until the KL Central Station, where a chauffeur-driven limousine is waiting to drive you to the final destination.
TERMINAL DETAILS: Note: As of March 15, 2016, Malindo Air and Lion Air moved from KLIA2 to the KLIA1's main terminal.
The 5-level KLIA1 is the Airport's leading passenger terminal, situated between two runways and served by domestic & international regular commercial airlines (while KLIA2 serves low-cost airlines only). KLIA1 is divided into Main and Satellite buildings, connected by the Aerotrain. The Main Building's X-shaped center leads to East, West, North & South Zones - each of which houses concessions and offers access to certain gates. Boarding gates are in both the Contact Pier & the Satellite Building.
CLIA1's Main Building of KLIA1 houses check-in counters, & customs & immigration , baggage claim & ground transportation. Domestic and short-haul international flights with narrow bodied planes will arrive at either Gates A, B, G, or H. The Aerotrain at the center leads on Level 1 to domestic gates B & A on opposite sides, and on Level 2 to international gates H & G on opposite sides. Aside from a host of restaurants, cafes and fast-food concessions, duty-free and regular shops - the Main Terminal offers a Post Office, CIMB Bank, 4 ATM machines, 2 foreign exchange counters, left luggage, unaccompanied luggage, and a Surau prayer area between the domestic and the international departure areas.
- The Ground Level of KLIA1 is the Transport level leading to the KLIA Express Train Station and to the Bus Station which has a convenience store and a deli. It also offers access to Parking C & D and Parking A & B on each side, and access to the PanPacific Hotel via 'buggy' service.
- Level 1 of KLIA1 is the Arrivals level (domestic & international), housing customs clearance and baggage check A through M (no I), Immigration, and services and amenities (3 ATM machines, 2 money changers, 2 Surau prayer areas; the Pusrawi Medical Center). It also offers Aerotrain transfers to domestic gates B & A.
- Level 2's Mezzanine Level of KLIA1, has access to airline offices and Food Paradise, and offers Aerotrain transfers to international gates H & G.
- Level 2, the Departures Level of KLIA1, has an Information counter, 216 check-in counters at six separate islands and identified by letters AB, CD, EF, GH, JK & LM. Check-in services are for all arriving, departing or transitioning passengers. A large number of integrated self-check-in kiosks (CUSS) are now available.
KLIA1's Satellite Building with 2 levels and C Gates handles mainly international departing & arriving flights & has its own immigration facility. It is located on the opposite side of Main Terminal's apron (near the air cargo area) - quite a distance from the Main Terminal. Its cross-shaped mezzanine and passenger levels are divided into North, South, East & West Zones, with a landscape area in their center. The Satellite is linked to the Contact Pier by the Aerotrain running evey 3-5 minutes and taking 2 minutes. The Sama-Sama Express Transit Hotel is located in the secured area, - no need to go through Immigration /Customs.
- Level 1of the Satellite - the boarding gate level - houses airline gates divided into 4 zones: The West Zone with Gates C1-C6 houses the Aerotrain stop which connects to Terminal 1's contact pier. The north Zone has moving walkways and gates C11-C17; the East Zone has gates C21-C27; the South Zone has gates C31-C37. The center offers an information counter, surrounded by shops, duty-frees & food outlets.
- Level 2 of the Satellite - the mezzanine level - offers food & drink*, airline lounges**, and access to the gates. It houses an abundance of duty-free and brand-name shops, fast-food establishments, free wireless internet access, Information desk, CIMB Bank, left luggage, Airside Transit Hotel, post office, nationwide express, 3R Reflexology & massage services, children's play areas, movie lounge and broadcasting movie, as well as sports channels. The transfer desk is near the landscape area in the center. * The ew Flight Club - offers healthy menues of western & international cousine with emphasis on use of herbs & seeds - located across from the Plaza Premium Lounge.
** Airline Lounges in the Satellite's Mezzanine level:
MAS Golden Lounge for Malaysia Airline passengers only - at West Wing (C1-C6), & Contact Pier (Domestic & International).
Royal Orchid Lounge for Thai Airways passengers only - at North Wing (C11-17).
Cathay Pacific Lounge for Cathay Pacific passengers only - at East Wing (C21-27).
Silver Kriss Lounge for Singapore Airline passengers only - at North Wing (C11-17).
Emirates Lounge for Emirates passengers only - at East Wing (C21-27).
Dynasty Lounge for China Airline passengers only - at South Wing (C31-37).
Plaza Pemium Lounge for all paying passengers - at North Wing (C11-17).
Mines Lounge / 'Dignitaries Lounge' is near the Post Office at International Departures.
The Low-Cost-Carrier Terminal 'CLIA2' with Main Terminal Building (MTB) and Satellite Building - located south of Klia1's Satellite building (or 6 km from the Toll Plaza - immeditely after the KLIA-inbound gas /petro station) - is connected by a 300-meter skybridge & the Aerotrain. It is served mainly by Air Asia, Tiger Airways, Cebu Pacific & Jetstar. CLIA2 has its own immigration facility. While it already has a good number of food & drink & retail concessions, more will be added in stages as the terminal is being completed, whereupon CLIA2 is to have 60 gates, 8 remote stands & 80 airbridges, with a huge retail space for over 225 outlets.
The Arrivals level of CLIA2 has at its entrance an information center; followed by meeting points for domestic & for international arrvals. The Arrivals hall houses the transportation center hotel reservations, rental car counters, immigraton & customs, and beyond the baggage claim are with carousels 1-5 and 6-10, over oversize baggage & airlines on either side of the floor. Elevator/ escalaor/ stairs lead to Departure gates J (left) and K (right).
The International Tansfer station is near the security check leading to Skybridge. After security check in the center you take the Skybridge (level 3) in the center to the Satellite Building intended for international transfers. It has in the center a public lounge with 2 information counters & a Kid Zone, and access to departure gates P (left) & departure gates Q (right). Near the Kids Zone is an internet kiosk; and on opposite ends of the public lounte are a Movie Lounge and a Sports Lounge.
Level 1A of CLIA2 has access to Satellite Piers J, P & Q - their gates surround concessions & prayer rooms:
Satellite Pier J with gates J1 - J22 is intended for domestic departures/arrivals.
Satellite Pier K with gates K2-18 is intended for domestic departures/arrivals
Satellite Pier P with gates P1 - P21 is intended for international departures.
Satellite Pier Q with gates Q3 - Q21 is intended for domestic departures/arrivals.
Level 2 of CLIA2 has access to Pier L with gates L gates L2-18 is intended for international departures.