1. Short-term parking is available next to each terminal - it can also be used for pickup/dropoff.
2. Long-term carparks include:
(a) for the South Terminal you can use either (i) the Long-Stay South Terminal (a self-park facility next to the terminal), (ii) the Long-Stay Plus Gatwick (close to the terminal--your car will be parked for you & you get to the terminal within 3 minutes) or (iii) the 'Summer Special Parking Gatwick' located to the north of the Airport and offering shuttle service taking about 10-12 minutes.
(b) for the North Terminal, use either the Gatwick Long-Stay North carpark, or the new 6-level Gatwick Short-Stay North carpark, both close to the North Terminal. Valet parking is, of course, another option.
GPS directions: South Terminal - RH6 ONP; North Terminal - RH6 OPJ; North Terminal Long-Stay - RH6 ORN.
For more parking information call 0844 811 8311 (outside UK: +44 (0) 121 410 5228)
NOTE: the so-called 'Meet & Greet' car parking operators are not registered & licensed by Gatwick. Look for the legitimate 'Park Mark' symbol & insist on finding out where the car will be parked & the round-trip distance between Airport & carpark.
Parking Rates at LGW Airport
|Rate:||1 add day £33.8|
|15 mins £1.5|
|15-30 mins £2.9|
|30 mins-1 hr £5.8|
|1-2 hrs £9.4|
|2-3 hrs £12|
|3-4 hrs £15.3|
|4-5 hrs £18.7|
|5-6 hrs £21.9|
|6-9 hrs £26|
|9-12 hrs £31.2|
|12-24 hrs £33.8|
|Rate:||4-24 hrs £13|
|1 hr free|
|2 hrs £9|
|3 hrs £11.5|
|Description:||At London Gatwick Airport, we guarantee more rights for passengers with disabilities.|
To require special assistance, please contact your airline in advance and give as much notice as possible.
If you want to know more about help we offer, please call +44 (0)844 892 0322 and select option 2.
As an alternative to on-site parking, there are off-airport parking at London Gatwick airport options which may offer significant discounts. Most have shuttle vans or buses which operate from their facilities to the terminals, and feature secure facilities with security guards and cameras 24 hours.
Many local hotels offer up to 2 weeks free parking with one night stay. This can be especially convenient if you have an early flight and need to park at London Gatwick airport. They provide shuttle service too.
Nothing is more frustrating than circling an airport parking lot looking for space when you're already running late for a flight or paying an exorbitant amount for parking when you return from a trip. You can avoid these common predicaments by doing your homework before leaving to park your vehicle at the airport.
Know your Options
Most airports offer multiple parking lots at various rates (hourly, daily and economy). Some airports even offer costly, but convenient valet parking. Visit the airport website or call the airport to determine the location and rates for each type of parking garage or service. During peak travel times, it's also prudent to check the short-term and long-term parking lot availability before leaving for the airport, so you can make other arrangements if lots are full. Parking in a daily garage (short-term parking) instead of an economy (long-term parking) lot for multiple days will burn a big hole in your wallet.
You’ll find commercial off-site parking lots near most major airports. These parking lots are farther from the airport, but the distance is often compensated with lower prices, 24-hour security, car-to-terminal shuttle services and other perks like frequent parker programs. Aside from off-site commercial parking lots allow you to reserve a parking spot in advance, which can be a real timesaver during peak travel times. In addition, many airport hotels offer stay, park and fly deals in which you stay at the hotel the night before your flight and then you can park your car at the hotel for free or a low daily rate. Just make sure the hotel parking lot is secure as some aren’t monitored around-the-clock like airport and commercial lots.
It’s too easy to forget where you parked or where you put the parking ticket after an extended trip. Even if you’re running late, take the time to note where you parked in your cell phone, PDA or on the parking ticket if you take it with you. Just make sure you don’t lose the parking ticket, because most airports charge a hefty fee for missing tickets. For that reason, it may be safer to leave the ticket in your car.
Airport Parking at Popular Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport Parking
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport Parking
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport Parking
- Los Angeles LAX Airport Parking
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport Parking
- Denver DEN Airport Parking
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport Parking
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport Parking
- Philadelphia PHL Airport Parking
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport Parking
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport Parking
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport Parking
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport Parking
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport Parking
- Boston Logan BOS Airport Parking
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport Parking
- La Guardia LGA Airport Parking
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport Parking
- Memphis MEM Airport Parking
- Miami MIA Airport Parking
- San Francisco SFO Airport Parking
- Orlando MCO Airport Parking
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport Parking
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport Parking
- Honolulu HNL Airport Parking
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport Parking
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport Parking
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport Parking
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport Parking
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport Parking
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport Parking
- Portland PDX Airport Parking
- Tampa TPA Airport Parking
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport Parking
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport Parking
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport Parking
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport Parking
- San Diego SAN Airport Parking
- San Antonio SAT Airport Parking
- Nashville BNA Airport Parking