Terminal Gate Connection
Connecting flight? Use this tool to help you get between terminals.
Walk Time: min
Shuttle Route min
Shuttle Time: min
London Gatwick Airport ( LGW ) Terminal Map # Fast food, restaurants, stores, cafes, bars
The passenger terminal complex at London Gatwick Airport consists of a North Terminal (NT) & a South Terminal (ST) - 1.2 km apart and connected by a 2-minute ride on the elevated free rail shuttle - running every few minutes, 24/7. Check-in is located on level 1 of each terminal.
Facilities in both terminals are known as some of the best, especially for those who count shopping as an important part of their travel experience. For wheelchair assistance call +44 (0) 8444 335 1802 and select option 2. Wayfinding at Gatwick is easy, as large & easy-to-understand signs are posted throughout the terminals.
- Airline Assignments at North or South Terminal: While currently some airlines use both terminals - flights numbers preceding the number an 8 depart from the North Terminal. Note, however: British Airways moved all of its operations to ST with new check-in area, BA lounge and better access to public transport - while Virgin Atlantic & EasyJet have moved their operations into a single facility at NT.
- Current Airport/ Airline Lounges:
- No. 1 Lounge at NT, ground level post-security, at departure lounge towards gates 101-113.
- No. 1 Lounge at ST, mezzanine level post-security, near Frankie Benny's has reopened, doubling its space.
- Servisair Lounges: The Aspire Lounge at NT', the Lingfield Lounge at ST.
- Premium-class lounges: British Airways (international flights only) and Emirates offer them in their departure area.
- Airport Lounge at NT is a pay-in lounge.
- Virgin Atlantic opened its new Clubhouse passenger lounge and check-in area at the North Terminal.
- Regus Express business lounge is at ST, Arrivals (Meeting rooms are available).
- Currently, arriving transfer passengers of easyJet, Flybe, Norwegian, Thomas Cook, Virgin Atlantic & WOW who transfer to either the same or another terminal: after collecting your bags, proceed to the 'Gatwick Connect' desk (located in each of the terminals' baggage claim halls), where service staff will take your bags & assist in connecting you to your next flight. If needing to get your connecting airline ticket, proceed first to either Skybreaks travel agent at South Terminal's check-in area across from Zone J - or to the ticket desk of your airline.
- Meeting points: at NT: near the information desk at international arrivals; at ST: either at UK Arrivals, opposite WHSmith, or at international arrivals, near information desk.
- Baggage delivery on demand by 'AirPortr' is available online or on day of of arrival/departure.
- 'Premium Gatwick Passport Control' offers a dedicated lane for arriving passengers - available to all passengers.
- Getting to London: Currently trains depart Gatwick every 3 minutes. By 2018: new Gatwick Express trains via Thameslink fleet; and rail service to over 15M residents within a 60-minute span will be available. (For detailed transportation options turn to the Transportation section)
The North Terminal (NT) of Gatwick Airport includes the following areas: Check-in, 'The Avenue', Departure Lounge, Piers 5 & 6 (Concourses) and the Arrivals area. As of January 2017, flight numbers starting with number 8 use NT, as well as Virgin Atlantic & EasyJet.
The North Terminal completed its extension project in April 2016, adding a new A380 stand, and now features on the departures level a newly extended & upgraded check-in hall with self-service check-in kiosks (of the 60 check-in points, 48 are self-service baggage drop units) and a huge new self-service baggage drop zone (passengers who checked in on-line may load their bags straight onto the new baggage sorting system). A new new security area with the latest technology is able to process up to 5,000 passengers per hour, while the newly upgraded departure lounge offers space for future growth; the 30,000 sq.foot retail space inlcudes 'Europe's largest' walk-through World Duty Free. The newly refurbished Arrivals area offers a more spacious Pier 5 and more retail choices.
- Check-in Level 1 of NT features in the center access to Departures (up) and to Arrivals (down) with exit at south to South Terminal shuttle & train station, with exits to carparks 5 & 6, and the Sofitel Hotel. The center hall leads to check-in /baggage drop, with access to the right to Hampton by Hilton Hotel. Services include currency exchange.
- Check-in level 2 of NT houses three check-in counter blocks with Zones A, B/C, D/E, including baggage drops, with adjacent self-service machines in the center. The check-in area offers easyJet ticket desk, banking facilities, customer services, special assistance point, oversized baggage, baggage wrapping & shipping; ticket desk. Outside, to the right is access to the train station.
- The lower level of the Departure lounge houses airline information, internet zone, charging station, currency exchange, lounges (No. 1, Aspire, Emirates, My Lounge), many shops & restaurants, and security check. It also offers access to gates 557-574 and to gates 45-55 & 101-113 on opposite ends.
- The upper level of the Depature Lounge houses a number of shops & restaurants.
The Ground level of NT is the domestic & international Arrivals level and houses Information, BA Sky flyers, and Meeting points; currency exchange, rental car counters, Emirates Limo services, special assistance help point and taxis. A staircase leads to shutle and South Terminal.
- Pier 5 - now extended over two levels - is able to handle 7 large and 12 smaller aircraft, can handle 30 flights & over 4,000 passengers a day. Passengers can walk from the departure lounge along a new corridor and take escalator/ elevator directly to their boarding gate.
Pier 6 is currently used by British Airways, First Choice, Emirates, Etihad, GB Airways & Astraeus. Its air passenger bridge provides access to 11 aircraft stands.
The South Terminal (ST) of Gatwick Airport includes the following areas: Check-in, 'The Village', International Departure Lounge, International Arrivals, & outside check-in. South Terminal recently completed its three-year transformation project - adding the state-of-the-art 2-level Pier 1 with new aircraft stands, gate rooms, lounge facilities & innovative baggage system. At the automated security gates, passengers swipe their boarding cards where screens display queue times for color-coded lanes, speeding up the security check to under five minutes. Of the 15 standard lanes, two are for families with young children and for persons with disabilitites, while 2 other lanes are for premium passengers. The newest self-service immigration gates will shorten queues; new 2-level Pier 1 will have new aircraft stands, gate rooms, lounges and baggage storage for 2,600 bags; and it will house Europe's biggest walk-through World Duty Free, as well as a newly upgraded departure lounge.
NOTE: As British Airways moved early 2017 all of its operations to ST - its check-in zone will be renovated and a new premium lounge added. BA's passengers will benefit from from a new check-in area and BA lounge, as well as from improved access to public transportation. A new 'world-class' security system - able to process most passengers within 5minutes - is to have automated security gates, dedicated lanes for persons with reduced mobility and families; and the latest technology in self-service immigration gates for shorter queues.
- A new Pier 1 (Concourse 1) is to offer the latest technology for aircraft stands, gate rooms, lounge facilities and baggage storage for 2,600 bags.
- Check-in level 2 of ST with six check-in counter blocks for Zones A, C&D, E&G, F, H&J; & K: For Zone B, take the stairs or elevator down (next to Security checkpoint). The check-in area offers an Infomation /premium valet point, banking services, self-service check-in machines, tickets, oversized baggage, baggage repack & weigh zone, special assistance, Airport concierge, internet zone & printing station, Customs, hotel reservation, as well as a few restaurants & shops.
Outside of the check-in area is access to: (a) long- & short-stay carparks, rental cars, coach station, taxis & Hilton Hotel, (b) lift to platforms; (c) exit from train station; (d) exit to long- & short-term carparks, rental cars, coach station, taxis, Hilton Hotel; (e) to Gatwick Train station & to North Terminal shuttle.short-term carparks, rental cars, bus station, taxi stands and the Hilton Hotel.
- Departure Level 3 of ST is reached after check-in and houses Assistance & family care, currecy exchanges, chapel & prayer room, hotel, eleator, Bloc Hotel reception, charging points, internet zone & printing station, and some shops & restaurants - with a premium lane and access to security check.
- The lower level of ST's Departure Lounge offers many shops & restaurants, currency exchanges, Airline inormation, VAT refund office, & shower facilities - with accessto gatess 1 - 5.
- The upper level of ST's Departure lounge offers shops & resaurants, airline lounge, internet faility, kids zone and a special assistance lounge.
- The upper mezzanine level of ST's Departure Lounge is currently under development.
The Arrivals level 2 of ST
- Arrivals level 2 of ST houses currency exchange, Information point/Premium valet, UK Immigration service phone, Regus Express business lounge, meeting room facility & shower), internet kiosk & printing station, currency exchanges, cash machines and 'Airportr' Baggage Service - with Onward Travel Center (trains, easyBus, National Expreess) and some shops & retaurants.