Manchester Airport MAN (at UK) serves the counties of Chester & Lancaster in northwest England, and the City of Manchester situated between them. It is U.K.'s third-largest Airport and first-largest outside of London, has the highest Category 10 rating to handle Code F aircraft, and is able to handle the Airbus A380. Manchester Airport is operated by public Manchester Airports Group Plc (MAG).
MAN Airport is located at Ringway, on the southern fringe of Greater Manchester, 14 km southwest of the city center - accessible via the M56 motorway, at Junction 5, as well as by train (Manchester Airport station is located between passenger terminals 1 & 2).
With two long runways and 25.6 million passengers in 2016, Manchester Airport is hub to BMI, EasyJet, Flybe, Jet2.com and some charter airlines, and is served by a multitude of major domestic and international airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all parts of the globe. By November 2016 the yearly passenger count was 25M.
NOTE: Arriving British, EEA, Switzerland or Liechtenstein passengers with a biometric passport can use one of the five e-Passport gates - simply use back of passport with the chipped section.
Visa requirements for travelers from India: As of Feb. 2015, tourists, travelers on business & other eligible visitors from India will now be able to visit both the UK and Ireland (North & South Ireland) - moving freely between the two countries on a single visa.
On-Airport Hotels: (a) Radisson SAS Hotel, with elevated covered walkway to T1, T2 & T3; (b) Bewley's Hotel, a five-minute walk to T1 & T3; and (c) Crowne Plaza Hotel inside the Airport complex.
Manchester Airport has three terminals - T1, T2 & T3 .
Present and future Airport developments: Within the next ten years Manchester Airport is undertaking a phased 1Billion Br.Pound 'enhancement' project - to be completed by 2025 - including around 60 different upgrades for state-of-the-art airline & passenger facilities. It aims to create a 'future-proofed' airport environment with greater flexibility & resilience to cater to evolving airline & security needs:
- T2's expansion by 140 percent will make it the Airport's primary terminal.
- T3 improments will result in more passengers & flights.
- New & enlarged airside transfer facilities include direct link between T2 & T3.
- US pre-clearance facility allows departing passengers to the U.S. to clear immigration & customs.
- A new security hall with updated technology makes for faster passenger screening.
- Self-service check-in facilities and 50 food & drink and retail outlets will be added.
- New stands & piers will have better departure gate facilities.
- Upgraded access road system improve Airport traffic.