Rental Car Pickup
Where do I pickup and drop off a rental car at the Ma [more]*** 03/19/2017
Terminal to los angeles
I i am flying from manchester to los angeles. Which [more]Eishields 12/08/2016
Manchester airport - overnight
Hi, I need to wait for my morning flight overnight (a [more]RT 09/10/2016
MAN Airport is located at Ringway, on the southern fringe of Greater Manchester, 14 km southwest of the city center - accessible via the M56 motorway, at Junction 5, as well as by train (Manchester Airport station is located between passenger terminals 1 & 2).
With two long runways and 25.6 million passengers in 2016, Manchester Airport is hub to BMI, EasyJet, Flybe, Jet2.com and some charter airlines, and is served by a multitude of major domestic and international airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all parts of the globe. By November 2016 the yearly passenger count was 25M.
- Arriving British, EEA, Switzerland or Liechtenstein passengers with a biometric passport can use one of the five e-Passport gates - simply use back of passport with the chipped section.
- Visa requirements for travelers from India: As of Feb. 2015, tourists, travelers on business & other eligible visitors from India will now be able to visit both the UK and Ireland (North & South Ireland) - moving freely between the two countries on a single visa.
- A FastTrack security lane is now available, making security check time shorter. (Arrivals will find a new Passport Control FastTraclas of Augut 1, 2017 (not available to arriving passengers from within UK, or from Ireland, Isle of Man or Channel Islands.
On-Airport Hotels: (a) Radisson SAS Hotel, with elevated covered walkway to T1, T2 & T3; (b) Bewley's Hotel, a five-minute walk to T1 & T3; and (c) Crowne Plaza Hotel inside the Airport complex.
Manchester Airport has three terminals - T1, T2 & T3. For Terminal details at this site open ‘Terminal Map’ and scroll down to the text; for ground transportation open ‘Ground Transportation: /Buses & Trains.
Present and future Airport developments: Within the next ten years Manchester Airport is undertaking a phased 1Billion Br.Pound 'enhancement' project - to be completed by 2025 - including around 60 different upgrades for state-of-the-art airline & passenger facilities. It aims to create a 'future-proofed' airport environment with greater flexibility & resilience to cater to evolving airline & security needs:
- T2's expansion by 140 percent will make it the Airport's primary terminal.
- T3 improments will result in more passengers & flights.
- New & enlarged airside transfer facilities include direct link between T2 & T3.
- US pre-clearance facility allows departing passengers to the U.S. to clear immigration & customs.
- A new security hall with updated technology makes for faster passenger screening.
- Self-service check-in facilities and 50 food & drink and retail outlets will be added.
- New stands & piers will have better departure gate facilities.
- Upgraded access road system improve Airport traffic.
Manchester, M90 1QX
Phone: +44 (0) 8712 710711