The Aviation Viewing Park: offers the following attractions:
The Park’s star attraction is G-BOAC, otherwise known as Alpha Charlie. Once the flagship of the British Airways Concorde fleet, it’s the only Concorde on display anywhere in the world with a fully accessible flight-deck. Concorde tours are popular and booking is recommended. To get on board or buy Concorde Gift Vouchers, contact the booking office.
The forward section of a Monarch Airlines DC-10 aircraft has been carefully converted into a multi-purpose resource with a genuine ‘on-board’ feel. Seating up to 36 ‘passengers’ with full audio-visual kit, it’s used for business meetings and school groups alike. The DC-10 must be booked in advance.
Step back in time and recall air travel from a bygone era in our fully-restored BEA Hawker Siddeley Trident 3B. Open to the public from 11.30am every weekend, the tour includes a short video and access to a fascinating display area at the rear of the aircraft. The cost of the tour is £1.50 per person.
Experience the Avro RJX, the last civil airliner to be built in the UK.
Watching Takeoffs and Landings
And if you just want to watch the planes, three raised viewing mounds offer unrivalled views of the runways and are excellent spots for photography.
The Aviation Park also has its own shop with a wide range of aviation goodies, Concorde memorabilia and gifts, as well as a snack bar, with a variety of hot and cold snacks to enjoy on the grassed picnic areas.
With ample parking and plenty to do, it makes to a gravity-defying family day out.
Open every day from 8.30am til dusk. Fees: Cars including driver - £5 each; Car passengers or pedestrians (aged 4 and above) - £2 each
To get to the Aviation Viewing Park:
The A.V.P is situated off the A538 between Junction 6 of the M56 motorway and the airport tunnels.
(a) By Car: From Junction 6 Roundabout follow the signs for Wilmslow. After a very short distance you will see Sunbank Lane on the left with sign posts for The Aviation Viewing Park and Concorde. The Romper Public House provides a very visible landmark. Turn left here and then immediately right at the crossroads onto Wilmslow Old Road and follow to the end.
(b) By Bus: Jump onboard the BusyBus - linking The Station at Manchester Airport with the AVP, every 20 minutes, 7 days a week.
Dogs are not allowed in the Aviation Viewing Park, with the exception of guide dogs. No ball games are permitted.
Terminal Maps at Popular Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL terminal map
- Chicago OHare ORD terminal map
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW terminal map
- Los Angeles LAX terminal map
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS terminal map
- Denver DEN terminal map
- Houston Intercontinental IAH terminal map
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX terminal map
- Philadelphia PHL terminal map
- Charlotte Douglas CLT terminal map
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW terminal map
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP terminal map
- Newark Liberty EWR terminal map
- Washington Dulles IAD terminal map
- Boston Logan BOS terminal map
- Salt Lake City SLC terminal map
- La Guardia LGA terminal map
- New York Kennedy JFK terminal map
- Memphis MEM terminal map
- Miami MIA terminal map
- San Francisco SFO terminal map
- Orlando MCO terminal map
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG terminal map
- Seattle Tacoma SEA terminal map
- Honolulu HNL terminal map
- Baltimore Washington BWI terminal map
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC terminal map
- Chicago Midway MDW terminal map
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL terminal map
- Lambert St Louis STL terminal map
- Reagan National DCA terminal map
- Portland PDX terminal map
- Tampa TPA terminal map
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE terminal map
- Raleigh-Durham RDU terminal map
- Houston Hobby HOU terminal map
- Pittsburgh PIT terminal map
- San Diego SAN terminal map
- San Antonio SAT terminal map
- Nashville BNA terminal map