Aalborg (AAL) Airport
Aalborg AAL Airport Overview
Aalborg Airport AAL is the third-largest airport in Denmark and serves the North Jutland region and its city of Aalborg. North Jutland is a popular holiday destination with a west coast boasting miles of white sandy beaches, and its city of Aalborg is well worth a visit. The Airport is open 6:30am-11:30pm.
The Airport is located in Norresund, or 6.5 km northwest of the city of Aalborg, can be accessed via Route 55, and is close to Highways E-39, E45 and Routes 180 and 11.
With two long runways and an estimated 1.3 million passengers in 2012, Aalborg Airport is served by many airlines offering scheduled direct flights mainly to north European Cities, with connections around the globe, as well as by seasonal flights to Malaga, Spain and Reykjavik, Iceland. Also, seasonal charters are available to popular vacation venues.
Airline check-in times prior to scheduled departure:
SAS - domestic 20 mins; international 30 mins, charter 1 hr. (check-in opens 2 hrs before departure).
Norwegian - domestic 30 mins, international 45 mins.
Cimber Sterling - domestic 30 mins; international 45 mins; charters 60 mins.
KLM - international 30 mins.
All other airlines - charters 60 mins. (check-in opens 2 hrs before departure).
The passenger terminal at Aalborg Airport is divided into arrivals and departure sections, with a total of 7 check-in desks and 5 gates. Lounges are on the first floor and meeting rooms can be rented by calling +45 98 17 11 44.
Amenities and services inside the terminal has a bank with currency exchange service and a cash machine accepting major credit cards. Internet access via hotspots are free. Rental car desks are in the Arrivals area.
Other amenities include a tax-free shop, the Good-to-Go sandwich shop (for onboard food); Cafe Nord, Point Shop to Go (a big newsstand); lockers; free baggage trolleys in the terminal and car park.
Parking options at Aalborg Airport include: Short-term (85 spaces) and long-term (2,000 spaces) parking is free, while Long-term parking in the Safe Park (350 spaces). charges currently DKK 250/week. All parking spaces are located close to the passenger terminal and are monitored.
The cell lot is on the corner of Lakewood Blvd. and Wardlow. Coming from the 405 go the light where you would enter the airport and rather than turning left into the airport, turn right. It will be on your left.
To get from Aalborg Airport to your destination, you can rent a car (Avis, Hertz & Europcar), take a taxi or a bus.
Taxis are available in front of the passenger terminal, or contact North Flying A/S, a taxi/charter company at + 45 98 101010.
Public Bus 2 stops at Aabybro bus terminal, at Storvorde v/Rodhojej; Norhalne v/skolen, Karuphallen, the Aabybro bus terminal & back to Klaruphallen.
Two bus lines serve the Airport to : Frederikshaven via Saeby, and Hirtshals via Bronderslev & Bjorring. A coach goes to Aalborg.
Aalborg AAL Services
Terminal Maps and Services
Flying and Airport Help
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Boston Logan BOS Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
Aalborg AAL Airport Update History
- Updated AAL Airport Intro page - Mar 19, 2013
- Updated AAL Airports page - Mar 19, 2013
- Updated AAL Food & Stores page - Mar 6, 2013
- Updated AAL Parking Map page - Dec 23, 2012
- Updated AAL Parking On site page - Dec 23, 2012