Aberdeen (ABZ) Airport
Aberdeen ABZ Airport Overview
Aberdeen International Airport is serving Scotland's city of Aberdeen, which is the largest oil-related center in Europe, has a terminal solely for oil-company charter flights with dedicated North Sea helicopter operations, and is also the world's largest commercial heliport. New data shows that Aberdeen is now UK's fastest-growing airport.
The Airport is located about 7 miles northwest of the city center of Aberdeen, and can be accessed via A96 motorway (Aberdeen-Inverness).
With one recently exxtended runway and an estimated 3.3 million passengers in 2012, Aberdeen International Airport is base for BMI Regional & Eastern Airways, and isserved by a host of domestic and international airlines offering many direct flights to destinations in Europe and the Middle East, with connections around the world.
The new on-Airport Marriot Hotel with 194 beds is now operational.
Aberdeen International Airport has a Main Terminal for scheduled & charter flights, as well as terminals for North Sea helicopter operations, and a small terminal, the Broomfield House, next to the main terminal, used for oil companies' charter flights.
Amenities and services inside the main passenger terminal include business services, cash machines, currency exchange, food & drink establishments, shops, information desks, lounges, meeting point, smoking areas & left baggage. Service of free WiFi started in April 2013, with unlimited access by passengers to the network in all public areas of the main terminal's pre- & post-security areas..
Additions to international arrivals hall with improved passport control & baggage reclaim facilities and an extended floor space have now been completed.
Arriving passengers need to clear passport control and Customs. UK and foreign currencies are available at Travelex in the Arrivals area. The official meeting point is in the Arrivals area, near domestic baggage claim. You can also meet at Wetherspoons, Costa or The Kitchen for food & drink.
To get to the city, the quickest way is to take the taxi (or walk) to the railway station located 2 miles from the terminal; the train ride to Aberdeen takes only 10 minutes.
Parking options at Aberdeen Airport: (For more information, please refer to 'Airport Parking' page.)
The new Consolidated Rental Car Center officially opened in April 2013, housing rental car agency offices and rental cars in the already existing rental car park, while rental car counters inside the terminal have been dismantled.
To get fom Aberdeen Internantional Airport to your destination, you can rent a car, take a taxi (Comcab, outside the terminal, turn left, or prebook a taxi at +44 (0)1224 353 535), or take a bus or a train:
1. Buses: (a) Aberdeen buses, as well as local services and Stagecoach Bluebird to Peterhead, Elgin & Invernes stop outside the Airport. The bus stop is signposted from the terminal. (b) For long-distance buses, take a bus or taxi to the Guild Street bus station in central Aberdeen, which is adjacent to the railroad station.
2. The nearest railroad station is Dyce (about 2 miles from the passenger terminal) can be reached by taxi; Dyce is on the Aberdeen-Elgin-Inverness line, and is also served by through trains from Glasgow & Edinburgh) and trains run once an hour. Buy the ticket on the train.
3. The 80 Dyce Airline link is a new bus service which ties in with the new ScotRail train & links Dyce railway station with Aberdeen Airport.
4. The Aberdeen rail station is a 10-minute train ride from Dyce and serves Frist CotRail, National Express East Coast & Cross Country.
Dyce, Aberdeen, Scotland, AB21 7DU
- Website for Aberdeen: http://www.aberdeenairport.com/
- Email Address: http://www.aberdeenairport.com/portal/page/Aberdeen%5EGeneral%5EMisc%5EContact+us/
- Phone: +44 844 481 6666
Aberdeen ABZ Services
Terminal Maps and Services
- ABZ Baggage Carts / Skycap
- ABZ Baggage Claim
- ABZ Banking / ATM Services
- ABZ Business Services
- ABZ Currency Exchange
- ABZ Guest Services
Flying and Airport Help
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Boston Logan BOS Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
Aberdeen ABZ Airport Update History
- Updated ABZ Airport Intro page - May 9, 2013
- Updated ABZ Airports page - May 9, 2013
- Updated ABZ Food & Stores page - May 7, 2013
- Updated ABZ Direct Flights page - Feb 23, 2013
- Updated ABZ Main Terminals page - Feb 1, 2013