1. Arkansas State Capitol
1 Capitol Mall, Little Rock, AR 72201 · 501-682-5080
Construction on this building began in 1899, with the convening of the first legislature in 1911. Take a guided audio tour through the massive brass Tiffany entry doors down marble floors. Native limestone was used in the structure. A spectacular twelve-foot chandelier accents an elegant rotunda dome with hand painted murals.
2. River Market
400 East Markham St, Little Rock, AR 72201 · 501-375-2552
Located in the heart of the convention center district, this trendy area offers an outdoor farmer’s market of seasonal produce, arts and crafts, fresh homemade pastries and breads, and a variety of different ethnic cuisines from Europe, Mexico, and Asia. Eat there or take to nearby Riverfront Park. Always lively, especially on Saturdays.
3. Murray's Dinner Playhouse
6323 Asher Ave, Little Rock, AR 72204 · 501-562-3131
The playhouse offers a buffet dinner along with a range of fun and entertaining Broadway shows. Highlights include musicals and comedies. Theater also features solo performances. Call for a schedule and ticket prices.
4. War Memorial Park
500 West Markham St, Little Rock, AR 72201-1415
Here you will find the Little Rock Zoo and a variety of outdoor sports activities such as golf, tennis, football, and baseball. Come for the day and bring a picnic. Over 202 acres with a remodeled fitness center and indoor and outdoor swimming. Zoo open seven days a week, hours depend on the season.
5. Sonny William's Steak Room
500 East Markham St, Little Rock, AR 72201 · 501-324-2999
Located in the Riverfront Market complex. You guessed it - traditional steaks, chicken, chops and seafood, fresh and sizzling in a classic River Market setting. The lump Crabmeat au Gratin appetizer is outstanding and the adventurous might like to try the turtle soup. Conveniently located close to downtown businesses, the capitol, and the convention center. Reservations recommended for groups of five or more. Business dressy.
Top Weekend Getaways And Day Trip Excursions:
1. Hot Springs National Park
Hot Springs, AR · 501-624-2701
Forty-seven thermal springs are just one of the many attractions at the 5,500-acre National Park. Thirty miles of hiking trails wind through the breathtaking Ouachita Mountains, a beautiful hot water cascade, camping areas, and scenic vistas make this a true National treasure.
2. Pinnacle Mountain State Park
11901 Pinnacle Valley Rd, Roland, AR 72135 · 501-868-5806
This day park is a wonderful example of environmental education and conservation. Beautiful high mountain peaks stand majestically over fertile bottomlands between the Big and Little Maumelle Rivers. Picnic sites, center pavilion, and meandering hiking trails with camping available two miles east at Maumelle Park.
3. Aerospace Education Center
3301 East Roosevelt Rd, Little Rock, AR 72206 · 501-371-0331
WEST. Housing space hardware, an aerospace library, an antique aircraft collection, and the state’s only IMAX Theater, the Aerospace Education Center is a wonderful time for the entire family. A gift shop and concession facilities are on site. Admission: Adult $6.75, Child $4.75
4. Arkansas Arts Center
501 East 9th St, Little Rock, AR 72202 · 501-372-4000
This institution spanning 30,00 square feet displays a permanent collection dating from the Renaissance to present day as well as forms of craft media and a revolving exhibition of national and regional artists. There are a variety of interactive exhibits and a Children's Theater that features live public performances.
5. The Old State House Museum
300 West Markham St, Little Rock, AR 72201 · 501-324-9685
Originally built in 1836 as the first capitol, this is the oldest standing capitol building west of the Mississippi. You may remember it as the location in which President Bill Clinton delivered his 1992 and 1996 election victory speeches. Recipient of National Historic Landmark status in 1997, it is a beautiful reflection of a bygone era.
Terminal Maps at Popular Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL terminal map
- Chicago O'Hare ORD terminal map
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW terminal map
- Los Angeles LAX terminal map
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS terminal map
- Denver DEN terminal map
- Houston Intercontinental IAH terminal map
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX terminal map
- Philadelphia PHL terminal map
- Charlotte Douglas CLT terminal map
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW terminal map
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP terminal map
- Newark Liberty EWR terminal map
- Washington Dulles IAD terminal map
- Boston Logan BOS terminal map
- Salt Lake City SLC terminal map
- La Guardia LGA terminal map
- New York Kennedy JFK terminal map
- Memphis MEM terminal map
- Miami MIA terminal map
- San Francisco SFO terminal map
- Orlando MCO terminal map
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG terminal map
- Seattle Tacoma SEA terminal map
- Honolulu HNL terminal map
- Baltimore Washington BWI terminal map
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC terminal map
- Chicago Midway MDW terminal map
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL terminal map
- Lambert St Louis STL terminal map
- Washington Reagan National DCA terminal map
- Portland PDX terminal map
- Tampa TPA terminal map
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE terminal map
- Raleigh-Durham RDU terminal map
- Houston Hobby HOU terminal map
- Pittsburgh PIT terminal map
- San Diego SAN terminal map
- San Antonio SAT terminal map
- Nashville BNA terminal map