Top Recommended Layover Activities:
1. Albany International Airport terminal Art & Culture Program
Since the opening of the new Albany International Airport terminal in 1998, an Art & Culture Program has been instituted that is committed to showcasing the artistic and cultural resources of the Capital Region. A comprehensive exhibition program that features the work of regional artists, area museum collections as well as national traveling exhibitions, has enhanced the environment of the airport, raised the visibility of the area's cultural institutions and identified the program as a national model for public art.
2. New York State Capitol
Washington Ave and State St
Albany, NY 12203
New York's Capitol building took four decades to build, from 1867 to 1899, and is considered a magnificent example of 19th-century architecture. Incorporates several styles of architecture, noted for intricate and elaborate carvings.
3. New York State Museum
Madison Avenue Cultural Education Center
General museum features a variety of permanent and changing exhibits on the cultural history of NYC. Under the leadership of the New York State Education Department, this museum and research center preserves New York State's artistic, social, historical and environmental legacies through such exhibits as "Native Peoples of New York," "The Cohoes Mastodon" and "Black Capital: Harlem in the 20s."
4. Henry Hudson Planetarium
25 Quackenbush Square
Albany, NY 12207-2311
A variety of shows examine planets, constellations, galaxies and sky legends. Explore the nature of outer space through a variety of imaginative star shows including "Stars to Starfish," "Through The Eye of Hubble" and "The Little Star That Could."
5. Albany Center Galleries
23 Monroe St
Albany, NY 12210-2743
Exhibits the work of contemporary regional artists.
Top Weekend Getaways And Day Trip Excursions:
1. Albany Pine Bush Preserve
New Karner Road
Albany, New York 12205
One of the most endangered regions in the Northeastern United Sates contains almost 6,000 acres of scenic and dramatic landscape rooted in glacial history.
2. Albany Remembered Tours
100 State St
Albany, NY 12207-1800
Professional guides dedicated to the interpretation of historical and cultural resources of Albany and the Capital Region.
3. Dutch Apple Cruises
137 Broadway Ave
Albany, NY 12202-1002
Narrated sightseeing cruises along the Hudson River.
4. Albany Carriage Tours
Capital City Tours
Two matched grey steeds carry visitors in grand style.
5. NY Giants Training Camp
Witness practice sessions and see what NFL stars go through during the off-season (only in July/August).
Terminal Maps at Popular Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL terminal map
- Chicago O'Hare ORD terminal map
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW terminal map
- Los Angeles LAX terminal map
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS terminal map
- Denver DEN terminal map
- Houston Intercontinental IAH terminal map
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX terminal map
- Philadelphia PHL terminal map
- Charlotte Douglas CLT terminal map
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW terminal map
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP terminal map
- Newark Liberty EWR terminal map
- Washington Dulles IAD terminal map
- Boston Logan BOS terminal map
- Salt Lake City SLC terminal map
- La Guardia LGA terminal map
- New York Kennedy JFK terminal map
- Memphis MEM terminal map
- Miami MIA terminal map
- San Francisco SFO terminal map
- Orlando MCO terminal map
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG terminal map
- Seattle Tacoma SEA terminal map
- Honolulu HNL terminal map
- Baltimore Washington BWI terminal map
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC terminal map
- Chicago Midway MDW terminal map
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL terminal map
- Lambert St Louis STL terminal map
- Reagan National DCA terminal map
- Portland PDX terminal map
- Tampa TPA terminal map
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE terminal map
- Raleigh-Durham RDU terminal map
- Houston Hobby HOU terminal map
- Pittsburgh PIT terminal map
- San Diego SAN terminal map
- San Antonio SAT terminal map
- Nashville BNA terminal map