Alicante (ALC) Airport
Alicante ALC Airport Overview
Alicante International Airport ALC serves the business and economic zones of Valencia, Spain, situated on the Mediterranean coast, and its capital city of Alicante.
The Airport is located in the Murcia region - within the municipality of Elche, or 9 km southwest of of Alicante - accessible via the A-7 motorway and the N-332.
With one long runway and an estimated 8.9 million passengers in 2012, Alicante International Airport is served by domestic and international, regular, as well as low-cost Airlines (EasyJet, Ryanair & Air Berlin - Ryanair carrying the most passengers among them), offering direct and connecting direct flights throughout Europe and connections to all parts of the globe.
Alicante International Airport has presently three passenger terminals - T1, T2 & T3, adjacent to each other:
Terminal 1 of Alicante International has check-in counters 1-39 (39 is for special baggage), and 11 gates - the odd-numbered five of them with airbridges, and nine baggage claim carousels. While Terminal 1 is used by all airlines, Air Algerie, EasyJet, Jet2.com & Ryanair use both T1 & T2.
Terminal 2 of Alicante International has check-in desks 51 to 64, 7 gates without airbridges and 2 baggage claim carousels. Air Algerie, EasyJet, Jet2.com & Ryanair are the major airlines operating from this terminal (and T1).
Ticket sales and luggage check-in are on the ground floor, while boarding for both domestic and international flights takes place on the first floor and in the new temporary passenger processing zone in T2, connected to the main building via walkway. T2 has a new waiting area for international flights.
Terminal 3 opened in 2011 with 92 check-in desks, 40 gates, 16 boarding gates, 5 airbridges & 11 baggage claim carousels. The new parking garage is connected to the new Terminal 3 by two airbridges.
Amenities and services inside the terminals: For custor assistance call 902 404 704. Aside from food & drink establishments and a wide assortment of shops & duty-free shops, the terminals offers information and tourist counters, internet access, currency exchange, Lost Luggage, lost & found, tour operators, and VIP lounge.
Parking options at Alicante International:
1. The new Terminal 3 has a new 6-level parking garage and is connected by airbridges to T3.
2. The parking lots have a capacity of 2,500 spaces and offer short- and long-term parking.
3. A new long-term carpark next to the parking garage is to open soon with 1,500 spaces, along with an express carpark.
Rental car counters for major rental car agencies are located on Level 1 of the terminals.
To get from the Alicante Airport to your destination, you can rent a car, take a taxi or a bus:
Taxis stop in front of Arrivals and the taxi fare is about 14 EUR at daytime and 16 EUR at nighttime. You can call 965-252-51.
1. The SuBus runs every 20 minutes, 6:20am-11:10pm. It follows this route: Crossroad N-332/N340/Aguamarga -Avenida Elche/Patents Office - Avenida Elche/Train station - Avenida Elche/Calle Federico Mayo - Calle Óscar Esplá, 10 - Calle Reyes Católicos, 23 - Avenida Federico Soto, 10 - Plaza de los Luceros, 4 - Avenida Alfonso X El Sabio, 17 - Rambla Méndez Núñez, 35 - Rambla Méndez Núñez, 7 - Plaza Perta del Mar.
2. The Benidorm-Airport Line (el: 902 422 242) runs from the Airport (opposite arrivals & departures) to Avenida Rey Jaine I – Avenida de Europa. (visit Alsa web for timetables).
3. Airport-Elche Line 1A (departs opposite Arrivals & Departures) to Poligono Industrial Airport, to Elche(Carrus).
4. The Murcia-Airport Line (departs opposite arrivals and departures) and runs to San Andrés Bus Station (C/Los Bolos s/n). Check the Alsa web site or call 902 422 242.
El Altet - Alicante, Valencia, ES-03195
- Website for Alicante: http://www.aena-aeropuertos.es/csee/Satellite/Aeropuerto-Alicante/en/Home.html
- Contact: email@example.com
- Phone: +34 91 321 1000
Alicante ALC Airport Update History
- ALC Airports - Oct 28, 2013
- ALC Airlines Served - Jun 26, 2013
- ALC Official Website Links - Jun 25, 2013