Amritsar Sri Guru Ram (ATQ) Airport
Amritsar Sri Guru Ram ATQ Airport Overview
The City of Amritsar is home to the 'Golden Temple', the Harmandir Sahib, and is the spiritual and cultural center of the Sikh Religion.
ATQ Airport is located near the village of Raja Sansi, 11 km northwest of the City of Amritsar, on the Amritsar-Ajnala Road (and just 32 miles east of Lahore, Pakistan).
With a long runway and an estimated 0.7 million passengers a year, Amritsar International Airport is currently served by Air India, Jet Airways, Spice Jet, Qatar Airways, Uzbekistan Airways & Turkmenistan Airways, offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
The Airport Help Line is 9888 39 888
The integrated passenger terminal at Amritsar International Airport opened in 2009. The new glass and steel structure is fully air-conditioned, has 30 check-in counters, 26 immigration counters, 10 custom counters, inline X-ray baggage inspection system integrated with the baggage conveyor system, escalators, public address system and flight information system. Peak hourly passenger handling capacity is now 1,200 passengers.
Services and amenities inside the passenger terminal: The departure hall offers currency exchange, a book store, and other shops, while both departure and arrivals halls have duty-free shops, free trolleys, paid portage, free medical station, a VIP Room, and Lost & Found. There are also restaurants, a CENCA convenience store and an Information counter for general and for tourist information. ATM machines are available from Santander and Cardtronics. Rental car counters are in the arrivals area. A new helpdesk, open 24/7, was recently added to help travelers get information about flights, customs & immigration, and more.
Transport from Amritsar Airport: A prepaid taxi counter can be found in the Arrivals Area at City side. The general bus station is 13 km from the Airport. A free coach service is available to/from the Golden Temple. A good number of hotels, situated between 10 and 13 km from the Airport, provide their own shuttle service.
Present and future Airport developments:
1. A 'massive' airport modernization plan is to accommodate larger aircraft. The airport also an 'alternate diversion destination' for many Delhi-bound flights.
2. Air India set up their ticketing counters towards the city side of the terminal building, as it connects many international destinations from Amritsar. Also, 2016 is the year of more airline & destination choices!
3. Upcoming Transportation improvements:
- Plans are in place to launch regular bus services between the airport and other cities of Punjab;
- Air India plans to provide regular bus services for its ATQ passengers to/from Jalandhar.
- The State unveiled plans to build a monorail line, connecting the airport with the Golden Temple and Amritsar's railway station.
Airports Authority of India
Amritsar (Punjab), 143101
- Website for Amritsar Sri Guru Ram: http://www.aai.aero/public_notices/aaisite_test/main_new.jsp
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +91 183 221 4166 /fax 4358