Amsterdam Schiphol (AMS) Airport
Amsterdam Schiphol AMS Airport Overview
Schiphol was voted time and again by British business travelers as being the 'Best European Airport', and it ranks among the top three airports worldwide. It also has received a few awards for its innovative South Baggage Hall Two. And to top off its accolades, the Executive Travel Magazine just bestowed upon it the 'Leading Edge Award' as best international airport for quality, leadership, customer orientation & vision.
To contact the Airport within The Netherlands, call 0900-0141.
AMS Airport is located in the municipality of Haarlemmermeer - 9 km southwest of the capital city of Amsterdam. The A-4 motorway, at the Schiphol exit, will lead you via large 'Departures' or 'Arrivals' signs to the Airport complex.
With six long runways and an annual passenger count of about 54M, Amsterdam Schiphol Airport is served by numerous airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe and by charters.
1. Passengers flying with BMIbaby, Flybe, EasyJet, Jet-2 or Air Berlin most likely depart from Gates H or M - check your boarding pass. Once the flight info screens indicate 'boarding' (40 mins prior to departure), you can proceed to your gate. Note that the pier (Concourse) has no restaurants, bars or shops.
2. Premium or Privium card holders (flying Blue Platinum, Gold & Silver; SkyTeam Elite Plus/Elite & Business-Class; Business-Class & Premium of all other airlines & Primium): Use the new Premium passageay between carpark P2 and Corridor BS (when departing from Piers B & C) - open 6am-10pm - saving you considerable time!
On-Airport Hotels: Since Schiphol Airport considers itself a small city, it also has five on-site hotels:
- Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel - a 5-star hotel with direct access to Arrival and Departure Halls;
- Yotel Schiphol -perfect to freshen up and rest between flights - at Departure Lounge 2, near Pier D..
- CitizenM Amsterdam Airport - directly connected to airport terminals and train station.
- New Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol replaces old one, housing 433 rooms. Bookings start December 2, 2015. (tel: +31-20-710-4000 /fax 4080.
- Mercure Schiphol - a 3-star hotel, is in Lounge 3.
Schiphol Airport has one large passenger terminal with six 'piers' /concourses.
Present and future Airport developments: Part of Schiphol's Phase 1 conversion & construction work included a changeover to a central security system, as well as a the design process for a new terminal and A-pier* (west of Pier B & connected to the south side of the current terminal) to serve 3M passengers per annum and accommodate 8 aircraft including space for wide-bodied planes.
- Ongoing work on Departure Lounge 2 is scheduled for completion second quarter 2016. During this time, retail and food outlets are being closed in pases or may move to another location in the Departure Lounge. The Departure lounge will feature seven themes: Luxury, Family, Travel & Culture, Modern Dutch, See Buy & Fly, Fashion & Lifestyle & Care & Wellness. Each of them will offer retail, catering & service outlets.
- * The new terminal & A-pier is tentatively to be completed by 2016
- The new 5-level carpark P3 (Schiphol-North, along motorway A4) - to be completed by May 2016.
Evert v/d Beekstraat 202
- Website for Amsterdam Schiphol: http://www.schiphol.nl/index_en.html
- Contact: https://www.schiphol.nl/Travellers/AboutSchiphol/Contact1/Contact.htm
- Phone: +31 207940800 or 0900-0141