Amsterdam Schiphol (AMS) Airport
AMS AIRPORT & FLIGHT STATUS
Amsterdam Schiphol AMS Airport Overview
Amsterdam Schiphol Airport AMS is The Netherland's largest & busiest Airport and has recently welcomed its one billionth passenger; also, its Privium service program for frequent flyers has been in service now for over ten years. Schiphol offers its passengers a myriad of services, from on-Airport hotels to the new Airport Park where travelers can relax in upholstered chairs under trees, have a snack or drink from the Park Cafe at the picnic benches. To contact the Airport within The Netherlands, call 0900-0141.
Schiphol was voted 'Best European Airport in 2013 (the third year in a row) and ranks among the top three airports worldwide. It also has received a few awards for its innovative South Baggage Hall Two. And to top off its accolades, the Executive Travel Magazine just bestowed it the 'Leading Edge Award' as best international airport for quality, leadership, customer orientation & vision.
Schiphol Airport is located in the municipality of Haarlemmermeer, or 9 km southwest of the capital city of Amsterdam, and is The Netherlands' primary airport, considering itself a small city - as opposed to just an airport. The A-4 motorway, at the Schiphol exit, will lead you via large 'Departures' or 'Arrivals' signs to the Airport complex.
With six long runways and an estimated 51 million passengers in 2012, Amsterdam Schiphol Airport is served by numerous major & minor, as well as low-cost airlines & seasonal charters, offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
NOTE: 1. Passengers flying with BMIbaby, Flybe, EasyJet, Jet-2 or Air Berlin most likely depart from Gates H or M - check your boarding pass. Once the flight info screens indicate 'boarding' (40 mins prior to departure), you can proceed to your gate. The pier has no restaurants, bars or shops.
2. Premium or Privium card holders (flying Blue Platinum, Gold & Silver; SkyTeam Elite Plus/Elite & Bus.Class; Bus.Class & Premium of all other airlines & Primium): Use the new Premium passageay between carpark P2 and Corridor BS (when departing from Piers B & C) - open 6am-10pm - saving you considerable time!
On-Airport Hotels: Since Schiphol Airport considers itself a small city, it also has four on-site hotels:
1. Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel - a 5-star hotel with direct access to Arrival and Departure Halls;
2. Yotel Schiphol -perfect to freshen up and rest between flights - at Departure Lounge 2, near Pier D..
3. CitizenM Amsterdam Airport - directly connected to airport terminals and train station.
4. Hilton Amsterdam - a 4-star hotel, is connected by a covered walkway.
5. Mercure Schophol Terminal - a 3-star hotel, is in Lounge 3.
Schiphol Airport has one integrated passenger terminal. (For more information, please refer to 'Terminal Map' page.)
Parking options at Schiphol Airport. (For more information, please refer to 'Airport Parking' page.)
Rental car sales & services desks for major rental car agencies are at the Shiphol Plaza, right behind the arrivals hall, open 6:30a-11pm..
To get from Schiphol Airport to your destination, you can rent a car, take a taxi, a hotel courtesy bus, or one of the many bus lines serving the surrounding towns & cities. For more information on pulic transportton call +31 (0)900-9292.
The Schiphol local train station is directly below the passenger terminal, and from Schiphol Plaza you can walk straight to the departure or arrival hall. Train tickets for domestic travel can be purchased at the yellow ticket machines near the train platforms at Schiphol Plaza, and both domestic & international train tickets are available at the ticket offices located near the red/white checked cube at Schiphol Plaza, where staff can provide train departure information. You can also buy your ticket at the NS Hispeed website for Thalys, ICE Iternational, CityNightLine & Eurostar (you will receive your ticket by e-mail & payment is on a secure site.
(a)The Zuidtangent express bus service:
Line 300: Haarlem, Vijfhuizen, Hoofddorp, Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, Amstelveen, Ouderkerk, Amsterdam Zuidoost and vice versa (at least six times hourly, with one service per hour at night).
Line 310: Nieuw Vennep, Hoofddorp, Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, Amsterdam Buitenveldert and vice versa (at least twice hourly, four times hourly to/from Nieuw Vennep).
(b) The Sternet buses run very frequently early morning through late evenings, with some night service. Traveltime to Amsterdam takes on average half an hour. The bus station is located at Schiphol Plaza, directly in front the Arrivals & Departus halls. Furthermore, Sernet's 'Interliner' also offers rapid bus connections:
Interliner 370 bus runs between Alphen a/d Rijn, Leimuiden, Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, Amsterdam Zuid and Amsterdam Centre (Leidseplein).
Present and future Airport developments: Construction started on the new Hilton Hotel, replacing the current one by 2015, and housing 433 rooms, and a walkway to the passenger terminal.
Evert v/d Beekstraat 202 .
Schiphol, 1118 CP
- Website for Amsterdam Schiphol: http://www.schiphol.nl/index_en.html
- Email Address: http://www.schiphol.nl/Travellers/AtSchiphol/Contact.htm
- Phone: +31 20 794 0800
- View Terminal Map
Amsterdam Schiphol AMS Services
Terminal Maps and Services
- AMS Banking / ATM Services
- AMS Business Services
- AMS Currency Exchange
- AMS Emergency / Medical Services
- AMS Guest Services
- AMS Internet Access
- AMS Lost & Found
Flying and Airport Help
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Boston Logan BOS Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
Amsterdam Schiphol AMS Airport Update History
- Updated AMS Airlines Served page - May 2, 2013
- Updated AMS Airports page - May 2, 2013
- Updated AMS Official Website Links page - May 1, 2013
- Updated AMS Main Terminals page - Apr 18, 2013
- Updated AMS Parking On site page - Apr 18, 2013
- Updated AMS Airport Intro page - Apr 18, 2013
- Updated AMS Food & Stores page - Mar 14, 2013
- Updated AMS Direct Flights page - Feb 24, 2013
- Updated AMS Lost Found page - Dec 6, 2012
- Updated AMS Currency Exchange page - Dec 6, 2012