Amsterdam Schiphol (AMS) Airport
Amsterdam Schiphol AMS Airport Overview
Schiphol was voted time and again by British business travelers as being the 'Best European Airport', and it ranks among the top three airports worldwide. It also has received a few awards for its innovative South Baggage Hall Two. And to top off its accolades, the Executive Travel Magazine just bestowed upon it the 'Leading Edge Award' as best international airport for quality, leadership, customer orientation & vision.
To contact the Airport within The Netherlands, call 0900-0141.
AMS Airport is located in the municipality of Haarlemmermeer - 9 km southwest of the capital city of Amsterdam. The A-4 motorway, at the Schiphol exit, will lead you via large 'Departures' or 'Arrivals' signs to the Airport complex.
With six long runways and an annual passenger count of about 57M, Amsterdam Schiphol Airport is served by numerous airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe and by charters.
- Passengers flying with BMIbaby, Flybe, EasyJet, Jet-2 or Air Berlin most likely depart from Gates H or M - check your boarding pass. Once the flight info screens indicate 'boarding' (40 mins prior to departure), you can proceed to your gate. Note that the pier (Concourse) has no restaurants, bars or shops.
- Premium or Privium card holders (flying Blue Platinum, Gold & Silver; SkyTeam Elite Plus/Elite & Business-Class; Business-Class & Premium of all other airlines & Primium): Use the new Premium passageay between carpark P2 and Corridor BS (when departing from Piers B & C) - open 6am-10pm - saving you considerable time!
On-Airport Hotels: Since Schiphol Airport considers itself a small city, it also has five on-site hotels:
- Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel - a 5-star hotel with direct access to Arrival and Departure Halls;
- New Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol housing 433 rooms, 23 conference rooms, & ballroom opened in Dec. 2015 (tel: +31-20-710-4000 /fax 4080. A covered walkway connects it directly to the passenger terminal;
- Mercure Schiphol - a 3-star hotel, is in Lounge 3;
- CitizenM Amsterdam Airport - directly connected to airport terminals and train station;
- Yotel Schiphol -perfect to freshen up and rest between flights - at Departure Lounge 2, near Pier D.
Schiphol Airport has one large passenger terminal with six 'piers' /concourses.
Present and future Airport developments:
- Ongoing work on Departure Lounge 2 is scheduled for completion second quarter 2016. During this time, retail and food outlets are being closed in phases or may move to another location in the Departure Lounge.
- The new 5-level carpark P3 (Schiphol-North, along motorway A4) is to be completed by May 2016.
- Ongoing preparatory work for a new Terminal and Pier includes modification of drop-off road, expansion of parking facilities and demolition of the unused Cargo Center.
- Construction of a new terminal and pier has received the official go-ahead in March 2016. The new terminal - located south Schiphol Plaza (next to Control Tower) is to be connected to the current terminal, and is to accommodate 14M passengers a year. Completion is scheduled for 2023.
A new flexible pier for both narrow & wide-bodied aircraft - located near Cargo Station 1 is scheduled to open in 2019.
Evert v/d Beekstraat 202
- Website for Amsterdam Schiphol: http://www.schiphol.nl/index_en.html
- Contact: https://www.schiphol.nl/Travellers/AboutSchiphol/Contact1/Contact.htm
- Phone: +31 207940800 or 0900-0141