Amsterdam Schiphol (AMS) Airport
Amsterdam Schiphol AMS Airport Overview
Schiphol was voted 'Best European Airport in 2013 (the third year in a row) and ranks among the top three airports worldwide. It also has received a few awards for its innovative South Baggage Hall Two. And to top off its accolades, the Executive Travel Magazine just bestowed upon it the 'Leading Edge Award' as best international airport for quality, leadership, customer orientation & vision.
To contact the Airport within The Netherlands, call 0900-0141.
AMS Airport is located in the municipality of Haarlemmermeer - 9 km southwest of the capital city of Amsterdam. The A-4 motorway, at the Schiphol exit, will lead you via large 'Departures' or 'Arrivals' signs to the Airport complex.
With six long runways and an annual passenger count of about 54M, Amsterdam Schiphol Airport is served by numerous airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe and by charters.
1. Passengers flying with BMIbaby, Flybe, EasyJet, Jet-2 or Air Berlin most likely depart from Gates H or M - check your boarding pass. Once the flight info screens indicate 'boarding' (40 mins prior to departure), you can proceed to your gate. Note that the pier (Concourse) has no restaurants, bars or shops.
2. Premium or Privium card holders (flying Blue Platinum, Gold & Silver; SkyTeam Elite Plus/Elite & Business-Class; Business-Class & Premium of all other airlines & Primium): Use the new Premium passageay between carpark P2 and Corridor BS (when departing from Piers B & C) - open 6am-10pm - saving you considerable time!
On-Airport Hotels: Since Schiphol Airport considers itself a small city, it also has five on-site hotels:
1. Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel - a 5-star hotel with direct access to Arrival and Departure Halls;
2. Yotel Schiphol -perfect to freshen up and rest between flights - at Departure Lounge 2, near Pier D..
3. CitizenM Amsterdam Airport - directly connected to airport terminals and train station.
4. Current Hilton Amsterdam (4-stars), connected by a covered walkway is to be replaced by 2015 a new Hilton Hotel, will replace the current one, housing 433 rooms, with walkway to the passenger terminal.
5. Mercure Schiphol - a 3-star hotel, is in Lounge 3.
Schiphol Airport has one large passenger terminal with six 'piers' /concourses.
Present and future Airport developments: Part of Schiphol's current Phase 1 conversion & construction work includes a changeover to a central security system (now in operation), as well as a new A-pier at south end of terminal:
Ongoing work on Departure Lounge 2 and the new Hilton Schiphol Hotel is expected to be completed during 2015.
A new A-pier at the Main Terminal's south end - to serve 3M passengers per annum and accommodate 8 aircraft including space for wide-bodied planes is to be completed by 2016.
Evert v/d Beekstraat 202
- Website for Amsterdam Schiphol: http://www.schiphol.nl/index_en.html
- Contact: https://www.schiphol.nl/Travellers/AboutSchiphol/Contact1/Contact.htm
- Phone: +31 207940800 or 0900-0141