Terminal Gate Connection
Connecting flight? Use this tool to help you get between terminals.
Walk Time: min
Shuttle Route min
Shuttle Time: min
Santiago Benitex Airport has currently one passenger terminal serving both domestic & international flights. (By 2020, the new International Terminal is to be opened, whereupon the current terminal will become a domestic terminal.)
International Arrivals Procedures:
International arrivals from Mexico, Canada & Australia need to pay a reciprocity tax prior to entering immigration/ Interpol control (inquiries can be made at either the cashier booths or by calling (56 2) 690 1063. Payment receipt will be attached to the passport, whereupon you can proceed to the immigration control.
All international arrivals need to proceed to the International Police control check & present their passport and stamped visa (if applicable). Thereafter passengers will pass the tax-free shops, then proceed to the baggage claim, get their bags and go through Customs - while international arrivals transferring to another flight will proceed to their connecting gates.
Passenger recommendations prior to going through security check:
- At Home: Try to check-in online & print out your boarding pass, if you can. Check your flight before leaving for the Airport; then check again on arrival there. Note that Airline counters open 3 hours before scheduled international flights, & 2 hours before domestic flights.
For bags to be checked in, use one of the 48 self-service kiosks for your boarding pass.
Avoid wearing clothing with metals (like buttons, etc.).
- At the Airport: Passenger Drop-off: along the viaduct third level, at doors 5 and 6): Discard of any drinks you hold in your hands; do not wear clothing with metals (buttons, etc.), remove any metal objects from your body. Parents with children must submit documentation (birth certificates, family book, notary permit)
Your carry-on bag cannot include prohibited items - see DGAC page at: dgac.cl).
U.S. & Europe - bound travelers note: At home, place your liquids in a transparent plastic bag (up to 100 ml of liquid - perfume, creams, aersols, gels), at arrivals at the Terminal - take it out before getting to security check. (Prescription drugs, baby food /juice, or liquids over 100 ml need to be in your checked bags). Prepare to pass the security checkpoint - discard of any hot or cold drink in your hands. Remove any metals from your body or clothes before going through the screener.
The current passenger terminal Santiago Benitez Airport is divided into Domestic (D) and the International (I) areas. Entrance to the domestic side is to the right and entrance to the international side is to the left. The upper level driveway leads to the Departures level of the terminal, while the lower level road leads to the Arrivals level, to parking lots and the Hotel (across from the Terminal's center).
The International area currently houses airline gates 10-20 and the Domestic area gates 21-27.
NOTE: Phase 1 of Airport construction, representing expansion of the current terminal, has been completed, adding 7,700 square meters of new infrastructure, and over 21,500 square meters at its congested areas (See details below*).
Amenities & Services at Benitez Airport include a host of concessions - 22 restaurants, 72 shops & new duty-free shops.
The Tourist Information desk is located on the first level inside International Arrivals and is open 8:30am-5:30pm. Tel: 6019320.
Currency exchange service are available from AFEX in the international arrrivals area;
Banco Santander is in the post-security area of the Domestic terminal;
The internet center is in the rotunda 3d national level.
A business center is on level 3 of the International Terminal, facing gate 14 and 17.
While rental car counters are inside the Arrivals level of the Terminal, rental cars are in the covered lots across from the Domestic Terminal.
Airline & Airport Lounges: (Some Sky Team airlines may use the VIP Pacific/ Sky Club; some OneWorld airlines may use the Admirals Club.
- Pacific Club lounge in the Domestic Terminal, at level 2 (tel. 56 2 690 1599; and
- Pacific Club lounge in the International Terminal, level 3, gate 20 (tel. 56 2 690-1518 - e-mail email@example.com.
- Aeromexico uses the Crown Room Club.
- American Airlines Admirals Club - International Terminal, level 3, opposite gate 19 (tel. 56 2 601 1145;
- Avianca, Copa & Air Canada use Salon VIP Mistral
- Delta Sky Club - International Terminal, level 3, at gate 19 (tel (56 2) 690-1561
- LAN: The LATAM Airlines Group opened in April 2015 the 'largest VIP Lounge in South America' - with two levels, covering 23,000 sq.feet, and able to hold up to 460 passengers. The lounge offers free WiFi access a large kitchen with open buffet and hot/cold food options; a lounge bar, sleeping room, business center & video game zone, individual restrooms, showers, laundry & shoe-shine services. Open daily 3am to 1am.
* The first phase of Airport improvements has been completed and involed the current terminal's extension work with nine projects: Extension of Public Hall on level 3; integrated new Police station; new AVSEC controls at both national & international departures; new remote international boarding area with six remote positions; extension of arrivals areas; new baggage check-in positions for SAG - Customs; improved baggage handling system; incorporating new conveyor belts; and new buses transporting passengers to/from platforms.
The second and ongoing Phase 2 involves construction of a new International Passenger Teminal - to be outfitted with the latest technology , and to boost total Airport capacity to 30M passengers annually (and a potential for 45M). Official opening is expected by 2020.