Asheville Regional Airport AVL
- situated at an elevation of approximately 2,200 feet - serves the City of Ashville and its Buncombe County in western North Carolina. It recently celebrated its 50th anniversary.
AVL Airport is about 10 miles south of of Ashville, directly accessible by NC Hwy 280 / Airport Road or Fanning Bridge Road, and is close to Interstate Highways 26 & 74).
With over 700K passengers annually, Ashville Regional Airport is served by some major airlines offering direct and connecting flights.
The passenger terminal at Asheville Regional Airport
- with airline gates 1 - 7 - has been renovated and offers free WiFi, recharge stations, a cafe with restaurant menu, a full-service restaurant & bar*, a Guest Services Center (tel. 828-209-3660, email: email@example.com), which includes a business center near gates 1-3. Ticket counters are to the right and baggage claim /arrivals are at left.
* To get your meals at your gate or on your plane - place your order at least 20 minutes prior to scheduled flight by calling The Blue Ridge Trading Tavern restaurant & bar at 828-64-6215 - at no extra charge. (If adding an extra $5, the next enlisted soldier will get a $5 discount!
Current airlines serving Asheville Airport:
American - tel. 1-8000-433-7300 - to Charlotte CLT
Allegiant - tel. 702-505-8888 - to Florida destinations SFB, FLL, PGD, PBI, PIE, BWI & EWR
Delta tel. 1-800-221-1212 - to Atlanta ATL & LaGuardia LGA
United - tel. 1-800-864-8331 - to Chicago ORD & Newark EWR.
Transportation: The Guest Services Center
in the Terminal's baggage claim area handles all ground transportation arrangements and can be contacted at 828-209-3660, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. It is open 8:30am until last flight.
- Asheville South 3 Route
bus (tel. 828-253-5691) takes you to downtown Asheville.
- Apple Country Transport Blue Route - the Link
- tel. 828-698-8571 offers hourly service from the Airport to Fletcher & on to Hendersonvile.