Top Recommended Layover Activities:
1. BWI Observation Gallery
You may kick yourself if you spend any time at the Airport without visiting the BWI Observation Gallery. Drop in on the front office of a real Boeing 737—see for yourself the controls and instruments your pilots use to get you there and back. Or take a virtual tour of the many systems on which an ultra-modern airport like BWI depends on to carry out day-to-day operations. Listen in on communications between the tower, ground-control and aircraft in real-time. We have set aside more than 12,000 square feet of Terminal space and filled it with some of the most fascinating bits of aeronautica around. And it’s all free for the viewing, along with a solid-glass wall that overlooks the airfield. Even a play area for the kids. Did we say kids? In the Observation Gallery, everyone is a kid again!
2. BWI Trail
For those with time, we’ve got more than twelve miles of clear running, jogging or strolling laid out along the BWI Trail. It begins at Elm Road, just minutes from the Terminal, and there is plenty of parking at the Tom Dixon Aircraft Observation Area on Route 176. Get out and get some exercise and you will find that everything that flies does not have wings of aluminum. The BWI Trail offers many birding pleasures, so bring your field glasses.
3. Downtown Baltimore
Baltimore is the home of the World-Famous Inner Harbor, the National Aquarium, Historic Fells Point and Oriole Park at Camden Yards. A colorful city that will delight visitors of all ages, Baltimore is just 17 miles from BWI, and is a must-see for all!
Top Weekend Getaways And Day Trip Excursions:
1. Washington DC, Our Nation's Capitol
Washington has a number of interesting and historic sites to visit. Countless attractions from the roots of American history to the latest in technology can be found throughout the Smithsonian Institute. Stroll down the Mall and enjoy what has been called "America's Front Yard". Restaurants and shopping are around every corner. Visit the Capitol, Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, Jefferson Memorial, WWII Memorial, and Vietnam Veterans Memorial.
2. Smithsonian Institute
the Smithsonian Institution, the world's largest museum complex and research organization. Composed of 16 museums and the National Zoo in Washington, D.C., the Smithsonian's exhibitions offer visitors a glimpse into its vast collection numbering over 142 million objects. Visit the Smithsonian and you will see why it represents for so many the treasured icons of our past, the vibrant art of the present, and the scientific promise of the future.
The Smithsonian Institution offers endless opportunities to stimulate the imaginations of growing minds. Admission is free for all Smithsonian museums in Washington, D.C., and the American Indian Museum in New York. Note: All visitors to the American Indian Museum on the Mall will need a free, timed pass for entry.
3. Historic Annapolis
Annapolis, the state capital of Maryland, is a city like no other. Step back in time to a colonial city located on the Chesapeake Bay. Home of the United States Naval Academy, and known as the boating capital of the region, Annapolis is a year-round getaway. From specialty boutiques to full-scale shopping malls, strolling through the Historic District to biking park trails, you set your own pace in Annapolis.
4. Williamsburg, VA
Think of the Williamsburg Area and the images that come to mind are `small town' colonial life, the search for American Independence, and the model for democracy used throughout the world. Williamsburg draws more than 4,000,000 visitors every year, and there's a lot more than just history waiting for you. Experience world-class theme parks, music theater, quality golf and more.
Terminal Maps at Popular Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL terminal map
- Chicago OHare ORD terminal map
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW terminal map
- Los Angeles LAX terminal map
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS terminal map
- Denver DEN terminal map
- Houston Intercontinental IAH terminal map
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX terminal map
- Philadelphia PHL terminal map
- Charlotte Douglas CLT terminal map
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW terminal map
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP terminal map
- Newark Liberty EWR terminal map
- Washington Dulles IAD terminal map
- Boston Logan BOS terminal map
- Salt Lake City SLC terminal map
- La Guardia LGA terminal map
- New York Kennedy JFK terminal map
- Memphis MEM terminal map
- Miami MIA terminal map
- San Francisco SFO terminal map
- Orlando MCO terminal map
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG terminal map
- Seattle Tacoma SEA terminal map
- Honolulu HNL terminal map
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC terminal map
- Chicago Midway MDW terminal map
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL terminal map
- Lambert St Louis STL terminal map
- Reagan National DCA terminal map
- Portland PDX terminal map
- Tampa TPA terminal map
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE terminal map
- Raleigh-Durham RDU terminal map
- Houston Hobby HOU terminal map
- Pittsburgh PIT terminal map
- San Diego SAN terminal map
- San Antonio SAT terminal map
- Nashville BNA terminal map