OverviewPublic Transportation from Baltimore/Washington Airport: (Pickup Zones: 1 & 3 are for hotel shuttles, Zone 2 is for off-arport parking shuttles and Zone 4 is used for both.)
The Bayrunner Shuttle serves Maryland's eastern shore (tel. 410-912-6000), and western shore (tel. 301-898-2571 / 1-855-Bay-RUNR).
The Super Shuttle provides door-to-door service.(tel. 1-800-258-3826) or visit: supershuttle.com/default.aspx?GC=RDDZU (mention "RDDZU").
By Train :
- Light Rail service (accessible from Main Terminal, lower level outside International Arrivals) runs from BWI Airport to downtown Baltimore, Timonium, and Hunt Valley. If you need to get to Penn Station, exit the train at Mt. Royal Avenue, and change to the Penn Station Light Rail. If arriving at the Airport by Light Rail service you arrive at the Main Terminal's lower level, outside international arrivals.
- A free shuttle runs between the terminal complex and the BWI Marshal Rail Station, tel. 410-672-6169 (a 1-mile distance), where you can pick up the MARC trains to Baltimore or Washington. This shuttle makes stops on the lower-level terminal roadway, between doors 1-2, 8-9, 14-15 & 17-18. Shuttles run daily - every 12 mins (5am-1am) & every 25 mins (1am-5am).
- BWI Marchall Rail Station serves Amtrak & MARC trains (tel. 410-672-6197) with waiting rooms is located is on 7 Amtrak Way. To get to Penn Station, exit the train at Mt. Royal Avenue and take the Penn Station Light Rail. There is only one fare for both trains at each way. Free shuttles take you to the MARC Train Station.
For Amtrak call either 800-872-7245 or visit: www.amtrak.com.
For MARC service visit: MARCTracker.com, or call MTA Customer Call Center at 866-RIDE-MTA, or visit: www.mta.maryland.gov.
- Light Rail service (tel. 410-539-5000 or visit www.mta.maryland.gov/light-rail),accessible from Main Terminal, lower level outside International Arrivals) runs from BWI Airport to downtown Baltimore, Timonium, and Hunt Valley. If you need to get to Penn Station, exit the train at Mt. Royal Avenue, and change to the Penn Station Light Rail.
Rail Connections from:
- Baltimore City - board MARC trains at Baltimore's Penn Station (tel. 410-291-4165) located at 1500 North Charles Street;
- Washington, DC - board the Amtrak train (tel. 202-906-3260) at Union Station at Massachusetts Ave. & First Street, NE (tel. 202-906-3104); or use the MARC Penn Line.
- Alexandria, VA - board the Amtrak train at 110 Callahan Drive.
- Wilmington, DE - board the Amtrak train at M.L. King Blvd. & French Street;
- Philadelphia, PA - board the Amtrak train on 30th & Market Streets (tel. 215-349-2270).
The RTA Route 501/Silver (Howard Transit) serves Columbia Mall, Broken Land Park & Ride, Snowden Square, MD Food Center, Dorsey MARC Station, Arundel Mills and BWI. For more information call 1-800-270-9553 or visit: www.marylandtransit.org
The ICC Bus 201 departs from both Concourses A & E, with dropoff on upper level and pickup on lower level - to Gaithersburg Park & Ride lot at I-270 & M124 in Mongtomery City and makes stops at Shady Grove Metro, Georgia Av. Park & Ride, Burtonsville Park & Ride & Arundel Mills Mall, and ending at BWI Rail Station. For more information visit www.mtaiccbus.
MTA Bus 17 from BWI connects to Parkway Center, Arundel Mills Mall, Airport 100 Park & Patapsco Light Rail Stop.
MTS Bus 99 from BWI connects to UMBC, CCBC Catonsville, Bloomsbury & Frederick, Rolling & Security Blvd., Liberty & Milford Mill and the Old Court Metro Subway Station. For fares, schedules and other MTA information, call 410-539-5000 or visit mta.maryland.gov.
Howard Transit Fixed-Route Bus Service (tel. 1-800-270-9553), serves Columbia, Ellicott City & Clarksville.