OverviewPublic transportation from Bangalore Airport: Note that the Airport is 40 km outside of the city; however, the new expressway to Hebbal makes it possible to get there within 20 minutes. Taxi counters are located on the ground level (taxis will add to their fees the toll rate 120 rupies) . For other transportation options, pass by at the Informaton counter in the arrivals area. While 'auto rickshaws' are not allowed beyond the trumpet interchange leading to the airport, you can use a shuttle bus to the interchange to pick up such rickshaw.
- BMTC public buses (green & blue), known as Vayu Vajra, connect to various parts of the city. They run 24/7, have 12 routes, and make over 250 trips a day. Their route number is preceded by 'BIAS'. For more information open: www.mybmtc.com. or call 1-800-425-1663.
- New Bus Route 220-B to Kengeri Upanagar (with stops at MCTC, BUC gate, Railway gate, Shanthidhama, Byravanagar, Upadhyay Layout, Nagadevanahalli, Kengeri KHB Quarters)
- New Bus Route 250-JA to Totadaguddahalli (with stops at Yeshwantapura, Jalahalli Cross, Marison).
- Flybus nostop from the Airport to Mysore: The GPS-equipped Flybus is a scheduled coach serving the Airport with two daily departure. It offers in-bus pantry, chemical toilet, 70+ channel entertainment, seating with ample legroom, & live flight display. Fly Bus Help Line at the Airport is +91 99722 13726; the call center is +91 08 4455 4422.
- Plans for a new high-speed 33 km rail link to the Airport (the HSRL) are to integrate with the Bangalore Metro, covering 33 km and four stations: Cubbon Rd. (Terminal Station), Hebbal, Yalahanka, the the Bangalore Terminal Station. The 80-km/hr train would complete its route to the City Air Terminal station in about 25 minutes. No specific time-line has yet been announced.