Bari (BRI) Airport
Bari BRI Airport Overview
Bari Karol Wojtyle International Airport BRI - also referred to as 'Aeroporti di Puglia', and locals refer to it as ‘Aeroporto di Palese Macchie' - serves the Apulia region of southern Italy - and recently added the name the late Pope John Paul II (Karol Wojtyle).
The Airport is located 8 km northwest of the city of Bari, and near Palese, and is accessible via motorway A14 connecting to SP156 and SP54, and from motorways SS16 & SP91 connecting to SP210.
With two runways and an estimated 3.8 million passengers in 2012, the Airport is served by domestic, international, regular & low-fare airlines, offering direct and connecting flights to many European cities with connections around the world.
Bari International Airport has one passenger terminal with an Arrivals and a Departures level. Its amenities include: A variety of shops, restaurants & bars, are located on both levels.
The Departure level, divided into two waiting areas for non-Schengen (with gates 6 & 7) & Schengen (with gates 3, 4 & 5), has a pharmacy, an ATM cash machine, a departure lounge, an SEAP VIP lounge with small offices & meeting rooms, an Information point, a nursery, a tour operator and a WiFi zone. The departure hall has a Totem Web Point - a touch-screen computer for information regarding flights & tourist data).
The Arrivals level houses a bank (Banca Antonveneta), an ATM cash machine, a tour operator, rental car desks, WiFi zone, baggage claim area, waiting area, Lost & Found , ticketing, police and Rental car desks for major rental agencies.
A new 5-level terminal is to be built - no details are yet available.
Parking options at Bari Airport include a total of 2,300 parking spaces: Short-Term Parking is available at P14& P4 in front of the passenger terminal, while right behind them is the Parking Garage PM.
Parking at P2 and P3 is intended for long-term parking.
There is also a free Parking Lot P15 with 200 spaces, located just before approaching BRI Airport.
Rental car counters for major agencies are located in the Arrivals area of the terminal.
To get from Bari Airport to your destination, you can rent a car, take a taxi, a bus, or a bus to the train:
1. The taxi stand is in front of Arrivals (tel. 39 80 554 333). The trip into Bari takes 25 minutes and costs about 20 EUR.
2. The Amtab Bus Line 16 makes a number of stops along the way to the City, but makes fewer runs, while the Tempesta shuttle bus runs more frequently, with no stops in between, directly to Iazzo Aldo Moro, a higher fee.
3. The Pugliairbus takes passengers from the Airport to Taranto FS Station and to Matera with a stop in between at Altamura, and to Foggia FS Station and the Airports of Brindisi & Foggia. Tickets can be purchased on-line or on board if seats are still available.
Societa Esercizio Aeroporti Puglia
Bari, Puglia area, I-70057
- Website for Bari: http://www.aeroportidipuglia.it/default.asp?idlingua=2&idcontenuto=25
- Phone: 39 80 580 0200
Bari BRI Airport Update History
- BRI Airports - Oct 28, 2013
- BRI Airlines Served - Jun 18, 2013