EuroAirport Basel Freiburg (EAP) Airport
EuroAirport Basel Freiburg EAP Airport Overview
Note: The Airport code EAP represents the international code, whereas Basel is assigned code BSL and Mulhouse is assigned code MLH. As a consequence, there may be different fare fare prices - i.e., an Air France ticket from MLH to CDG could be less than one from BSL to CDG (the flight from BSL to CDG is being ticketed as a stop-over in MLH); 'price differences between fares offered to/from one airport code or the other, and tickets which are built of 'connections' and therefore 'non-stop'.
EuroAirport is located in the Saint-Louis community, (near the Swiss & German borders), within the Haut Rhin Department of France, off motorway A35, and and situated 6 km northwest of the city of Basel, Switzerland, and 22 km southeast of the city of Mulhouse, France, and is near the City of Freiburg, Germany. Drivers using motorway A35 from Mulhouse to the Airport can avoid morning rush hour congestion by exiting A35 already at Bartenheim and using the highway via Blotzheim to the Airport.
With two runways and 7.3 million passengers in 2016, EuroAirport Basel-Mulhouse-Freiburg is served by a multitude of international airlines with direct and connecting flights to numerous European cities and beyond. Seasonal charter flights are available to popular vacation destinations.
- Passengers departing on non-Schengen flights will continue to undergo systematic border controls by the police.
- Passengers departing to some Schengen destinations will be submitted to random border control checks.
- Transit passengers are required to go through security check again:
- Transit passengers with valid boarding pass, whose baggage is being checked through, may use the direct stairway or elevator from the baggage claim area (between belts 4 & 6) to the security checkpoint.
- Transit passengers without boarding pass need to be rechecked: Exit into the Arrivals Hall by passing one of the customs exits, then proceed to check-in hall on level 3.
The mobil telephone network coverage for the entire Airport offers free WiFi service.
The 5-level passenger terminal at EuroAirport is divided into Arrivals & Departures and Schengen & non-Schengen zones. Renovation work on the old part of the Airport building has been completed , re-opening the cross-border passageway between Hall 2 on the French side and Hall 3 on the Swiss side. The passenger terminal is open 4:30am-midnight. The information desk on level 2 opens 5:30am.
Arrival level: two new doors were added, separating arriving Schengen/non-Schengen passengers, and two new passport control points for the Swiss border guards and the French airport police were established before baggage collection on arrival.
On both Departure/Arrival levels added security control areas allow other passengers to proceed unrestricted, should individual questioning become necessary. (France, Switzerland & Germany are Schengen States.)
Check-in level 3 houses the check-in counters; this level now has an enlarged cross-border passageway.
Departure Level 4 houses duty-free shops, Aviators Lounge & security check, and the outsize baggage security control (recently renovated). On either side of this level are Schengen gates 1 & 2 (right) & gates 60, 61, 78-87(left), while gates in the Y-shaped Concourse are divided by Schengen gates 20-21& 33- 46 and by non-Schengen gates 22-32.
Level 5 houses the new business center at Hall 1.
Services and Amenities in the PassengerTerminal include: Internet access, internet terminals, currency exchange, ATM cash machines, coin dispenser, business center, EuroAirport Skyview lounge (a pay-in lounge voted as being the 2015 'overall global winner'), food & drink establishments, as well as shops and duty-free shops in both pre- and post-security areas. A Kids Corner is on every level.
The Swiss Federal Railway counter is on level 2, Arrival, Swiss.
Hotel information is located on level 2, Arrival, Swiss & French.
Rental car counters are located at Hall 1, level 2, French; and Hall 4, level 2, Swiss.
The EuroAirport Conference & Business Center : tel. 33 (0)3 8990 2050 (French); or +41 (0)61 325 2050 (Swiss) or open http://businesscenter.euroairport.com/en/access.html
Telephone & fax contacts:
- from Switzerland: tel. 061 325 31 11; fax: 061 325 35 15
- from France tel. 03 89 90 31 11; fax : 03 89 90 35 15
- from Germany tel. 0761 1200 31 11; fax 0761 12 00 35 15
- from Freiburg tel. 12 00 31 11; fax 12 00 35 15
- from other countries tel. +33 (0)3 89 90 3111; fax:+33 (0)3 89 90 25 11; or: tel. +41 (0)61 325 3111, fax +41 (0)61 325 3515.