Beirut-RHIA (BEY) Airport
Beirut-RHIA BEY Airport Overview
Beirut Rafic Hariri International Airport BEY, or simply Beirut-RHIA, serves Lebanon's largest city of Beirut and ranks as one of the top Middle Eastern airport, due to its world-class facility and continued updates thereof.
The Airport is located in the southern suburbs of Beirut and 9 km from Beirut's city center, in Lebanon, Middle East. Beirut RHIA is Lebanon's only operational commercial airport.
With three very long runways and 5.96 million passengers in 2012, Beirut-RHIA is hub to MEA (Middle East Airlines) and charters MedAirways & Wings of Lebanon, and it is served by a host of international airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
NOTE: The Airport requests that passenger arrive at the Airport three hours prior to scheduled departure.
The present passenger terminal at Beirut-RHIA has four levels and two one-level wings (East & West wings), accessible from the Main Terminal's second level on opposite sides after passing through security checks. (Note that a new terminal is under construction.)
The Ground Level of the Main Terminal houses the Arrivals area, a duty-fee section, passport control, 8 rental car counters, and a few cafes in the pre-security area.
Level 2 of the Main Terminal houses the Departure area, with ticketing counters, gate areas and a primary duty-free area, along with other shops. Some cafes are in the pre-security area. Security entrances are on opposite sides of the foyer leading to the ticketing area.
Level 3 of the Main Terminal houses all airline lounges and a Japanese restaurant.
Level 4 of the Main Terminal, closed to the public, houses administrative offices.
The East Wing with gates 1-12 (gates 2 & 3 are dual jetway gates for large aircraft; gate 4 is a bus boarding gate) and
the West Wing with gates 13-23 (gate 22 is a bus boarding gate) - East & West Wings are connected to the 4-level Main Terminal. Each Wing has 2 cafes, a small duty-free shop, newsstand, souvenir shops, computer kiosks (cash or credit) & pay phones.
Other services and amenities inside the passenger terminal, aside from food & drink and retail concessions - including duty-free shops, include free WiFi access (first 30 mins), a bank branch oBankMed, ATM machines, post office, 15 internet kiosks and internet hot spots covering departure & arrival halls, tourist information center, prayer rooms, medical station, baggage wrapping, lost baggage, and two lounges:
Airline Lounges at RHIA :
(a) MEA's large Cedar Lounge (open to all passengers) is designated by most airlines for use of their premium passengers;
(b) The Golden Lounge is exclusively for Saudi premium passengers; and
(c) the LAT Lounge is open to all other airline premium passengers;
Parking options at Beirut-RHIA: An underground tunnel connects the passenger terminal to the open-air carpark, which has 2,350 spaces, 9 entrances and 9 exits. Valet parking is available. With a prepaid parking ticket you can set your own limit as to the parking fee.
Rental car counters are located inside the passenger terminal and rental cars are in the carpark across from it.
To get from Beirut-RHIA to your destination, you can rent a car, take a taxi or a bus:
1. The Airport taxi stand is in front of Arrivals & authorized taxis havethe airport logy on the door-side - these taxis tend to be more expensive, while other taxis, farther from the airport, allow for price negotiation.
2. The LCC Bus Route 1 and OCFTC buses 7 & 10 stop at the Airport's roundabout (one km from the Terminal) on their way to the city center, and LCC Bus Route 5 runs to the Charles Helou bus station from the roundabout.
3. Even though bus shelters already exist, future plans for connections from the Airport to various parts of the city are still being debated.
Beirut-RHIA BEY Services
Terminal Maps and Services
Flying and Airport Help
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Boston Logan BOS Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
Beirut-RHIA BEY Airport Update History
- Updated BEY Airport Intro page - Mar 28, 2013
- Updated BEY Airports page - Mar 28, 2013
- Updated BEY Main Terminals page - Mar 28, 2013
- Updated BEY Direct Flights page - Mar 18, 2013
- Updated BEY Food & Stores page - Mar 15, 2013
- Updated BEY Parking On site page - Jan 24, 2013