Beirut-RHIA (BEY) Airport
Beirut-RHIA BEY Airport Overview
The Airport is located in the southern suburbs of Beirut and 9 km from Beirut's city center, in Lebanon, Middle East. Beirut RHIA is Lebanon's only operational commercial airport.
With an estimated 7 million passengers a year and three very long runways, Beirut-RHIA is hub to MEA (Middle East Airlines) and charters MedAirways & Wings of Lebanon, and it is served by a host of international airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
NOTE: The Airport requests that passenger arrive at the Airport three hours prior to scheduled departure.
The present passenger terminal at Beirut-RHIA has four levels and two one-level wings (East & West wings), accessible from the Main Terminal's second level on opposite sides after passing through security checks. Free WiFi access is available for the first 30 minutes.
The Ground Level of the Main Terminal houses the Arrivals area, a duty-fee section, passport control, 8 rental car counters, and a few cafes in the pre-security area. The Arrivals area received a new customs office in mid-2016.
Level 2 houses the Departure area, with ticketing counters, gate areas and a primary duty-free area, along with other shops. Some cafes are in the pre-security area. Security entrances are on opposite sides of the foyer leading to the ticketing area.
The East Wing with gates 1-12 (gates 2 & 3 are dual jetway gates for large aircraft; gate 4 is a bus boarding gate);
the West Wing with gates 13-23 (gate 22 is a bus boarding gate).
East & West Wings are connected to the 4-level Main Terminal. Each Wing has 2 cafes, a small duty-free shop, newsstand, souvenir shops, computer kiosks (cash or credit) & pay phones.
Level 3 houses all airline lounges and a Japanese restaurant.
(Level 4 closed to the public, houses administrative offices.)
Other services and amenities inside the passenger terminal, aside from food & drink and retail concessions - including duty-free shops, include free WiFi access (first 30 mins), a bank branch of BankMed, ATM machines, post office, 15 internet kiosks and internet hot spots covering departure & arrival halls, tourist information center, prayer rooms, medical station, rental car counters, baggage wrapping, lost baggage, and two lounges:
Airline Lounges at RHIA :
- Cedar Lounge (open to all passengers) is designated by most airlines for use of their premium passengers;
- Golden Lounge is exclusively for Saudi premium passengers; and
- LAT Lounge is open to all other airline premium passengers.
- As of June 2016, new security measures are in effect. All airlines and ground service agencies were ordered to implement strict measures regarding liquids & gels in hand baggage - in order to comply with the UN's ICAO recommendations. Liquids, aersols & gels (LAGs) must be in containers under 100 millimeters, and the total LAGs or not to exceed 1 liter. Exceptions: medication & baby food.
- Passengersare requested to be at least 3 hours prior to their scheduled departure.
Present and future Airport developments: The passenger terminal with a current capacity of 6M is to be expanded to accommodate 16M passengers annually by 2035.