Belfast City (BHD) Airport
Belfast City BHD Airport Overview
George Best Belfast City Airport BHD is a small airort serving the Irish city of Belfast and is known to be one of the most environmentally-conscious airports. It takes its responsibility seriously by regulating the four key factors (water, noise, air, and waste) in an effort to keep the surrounding countryside not only habitable, but also lovely.
The Airport is located 5 km from the city center of Belfast, and next to the A2 motorway, Sydenham Bypass road, between the cities of Belfast and Holywood, on the southern shore of Belfast Lough, in Northern Ireland. If approaching Belfast on either the M1 or M2, follow signs to Belfast City leading to the A2 via the M3.
With one runway and an estimated 2.4 million passengers in 2011, Belfast City Airport is served by a number of low-cost airlines offering direct flights to the British mainland, to Cork and the Isle of Man. Summer & winter charters are also hosted by BHD Airport.
The passenger terminal at Belfast City Airport has a ground and first level:
On the Ground Level to the left of the main entrance are conference facilities, check-in desks, WHSmith, ticket desks & security checkpoint; to the right are rental car desks, foreign exchange, Arrivals area & baby-change facilities. Stairway & escalator get you to the first floor.
On the First Level are Flye & BMI business lounges, coffee shop, bar, Harvest Market, WHSmith & duty-free, internet kiosks, ATM machine & baby-changing facilities.
Other services and amenities inside the terminal include food and drink establishments, as well as retail stores, rental cars, ATM cash machines, foreign exchange, internet access and Information & Tourist desks.
A fully-staffed Conference Suite is located on the first floor, for use by the local business community, as well as by the business traveler.
To facilitate a hassle-free journey, the Fast Track Secuirty channel has been upgraded.
The newest addtion to the terminal is the 'House of Ireland' store offering the finest Irish designer giftware.
NOTE: People with profound and multiple learning disabilities can now us the state-of-the-art 'Changing Places' toilet, fitted with height-adjustable changing bench, overhead hoist system & space either side of the toilet to allow support from caretakers. For more information open changing-places.org.
Parking options at Belfast City Airport: A short-term carpark is minutes from the terminal, and a long-term carpark is only a five-minute walk - or take the shuttle bus. Frequent business travelers have the option of using the Executive carpark (a yearly subscription is necessary).
You can either pay at the paystations inside the terminal and at the short-stay carpark, or you can pay by credit card at entry & exit.
Passenger dropoff/pickup is right next the short-stay carpark with a one-visit-only 10-minute grace period, only to be used once (thereafter charges apply).
For more parking information call 028 9093 9093.
Rental car counters for major agencies are in the arrivals area of the passenger terminal; the rental car return lot is adjacent to the terminal.
To get from Belfast City Airport to your destination, you can rent a car, take a taxi (approx. 8 pounds to Belfast), or take a train or bus:
1. To the Train Station: A shuttle bus runs between the Airport terminal and the adjacent railway stop at Sydenham.
2. Translink trains run every half hour to both Central & Victoria Street Stations, and connect to the rail networks of Northern Ireland & the Irish Republic.
3. The Airport Express bus runs every 20 mins from outside the Airport to the Belfast Europa bus center located next to the Europa Hotel in the city center.
4. Metrobus 3 runs every 20 mins from Sydenham train station to City Hall, a five-min. walk from the terminal to the bus stop.
5. The 'Airporter' coaches, located past the entrance door to the terminal, make multiple daily runs to the city center and to Londonderrry (tel +44 2 7126 9996.)
Belfast City Airport
Belfast, BT3 9JH
- Website for Belfast City: http://www.belfastcityairport.com
- Contact: http://www.belfastcityairport.com/Contact-Us-%281%29.aspx
- Phone: 44 28 9093 9093
- View Terminal Map
Belfast City BHD Airport Update History
- BHD Airports - Oct 28, 2013
- BHD Airlines Served - Jun 16, 2013