Belo Horizonte Confins Tancredo (CNF) Airport
Belo Horizonte Confins Tancredo CNF Airport Overview
(Pampulha Airport, much closer to Belo Horizonte, is restricted to smaller aircraft holding up to 50 passengers.)
CNF Airport is located close to the municipality of Confins, and about 40 km south of the city of Belo Horizonte, and is accessible directly from motorway MG-10 or indirectly via MG424.
With a long runway and an estimated 10 million passengers per year, Confins Tancredo Airport is hub to Azul airlines, and is served by a host of airlines, including American (serving Miami Airport tel. 3689-2469) , offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
LCC (Low cost carriers) make up for 75 percent of capacity - while international flights are currently limited to North America & Spain.
As BH Airport is growing rapidly; therefore, the Airport recently acquired a new Airport Management System (AMS) to provide real-time information management to optimize BH Airports' decision-making process, facilitate operational excellence and facilitate a significant expansion of the airport from 10 to 20 million passengers per year.
Current airlines include: Aerolineas Argentinas, American, Azul, Copa, GOL, TAM (LATAM) & TAP Portugal.
Confins Tancredo Airport currently consists of Domestic Terminal 1 (T1) and temporary terminal 3 (T3) for international flights. It is expected that by year-end 2016 the new International Terminal 2 (T2) will open, replacing temporary T3:
Terminal 1 has three levels
- The Ground level of T1houses Arrivals (with baggage claim) and Departures (check-in facilities) - leading after security check to boarding area and airline gates. The center of the ground level houses the information counter - east of it is the baggage claim area, and the separate check-in area; west of it are a baggage wrapping, rental car counters and check-in facilities. This level also leads to/from the airline gates. . This level also leads to/from the airline gates.
- Level 1 of T1 houses the Departure lounge and offers shops and food (snacks) and offers access to the Terrace.
- Level 2 of T1 houses the Airport Administration and the Airport viewing terrace.
Amenities and services inside the Main Terminal include (aside from a large selection of food & drink) retail and duty-free concessions found in the Mall - there is also a passenger Service desk in the Mall at the International sector. Other services include banking facilities (ATMs, bank branches, currency exchange), VIP lounge, postal service, drugstore, rental car desks, tourist offices, 'Cooperservice' porters, shoeshine, baggage wrapping, & hairdresser.
NOTE: Confins Tancredo Airport is one of the Brazilian airports to get 'facial recognition technology' of NEC's NeoFace Watch solution.
Temporary International Terminal 3 houses19 check-in counters, 3 large 'treadmills' for quicker baggage processing, and more passport & customs checkpoints. TAP airlines has moved into T3, which offers about 400 Premium parking spaces, a daily 24-hr transfer service between terminals, two duty-free shops and other shops, a caferia, book store and rental car service.
NOTE: During T2's construction - departing international flights to Miami, Lisbon, Panama City, Buenos Aires, Punta Cana, and (seasonally) Santiago (Chile) are from temporary Terminal 3.
Current and future Airport developments: Phase 1-B of the Airport Operator's contract involves work on Terminal 2's extension (preparation of infrastructure (including WiFi access throughout the terminal), self-service check-in kiosks, new food & retail outlet, ATMs, new Data Center, and more)and work on a new Terminal 2 with 17 jet bridges; expansion of parking facilities, new walkways, 44 aircraft apron positions and preparing runway lanes.
- New T2 will cover about 50,000 sq.meters, enabling it to process more passengers and offering more space for future additions (like convention centers, hotels, garages). With all related infrastructure now in place, T2 will have 17 new jet bridges and a capacity of 22M passengers a year by 2023 - and transforming the Airport into as main hub. The 29,000 sq.meter terminal apron wll be able to handle aircraft of different sizes.
- T1 & T2 - to cover 126,000 sq.meters - with 26 jet bridges and a capacity of 22M passengers annually - will have 12 X-ray machines for domestic passengers; expanded departure lounges & commercial areas, expanded domestic baggage claim; new international departure & arrival areas, and pickup /drop-off points on two levels. T2 will be connected to current T1
- Currently the runway expansion is under constructon, adding 600 meters and fully resurfacing it. A second runnway (2,500 by 45 meters is to be constructed thereafter - whereby it is hoped that by year 2020 approximately 198,000 take-offs /landings a year may be achieved.
- The runway expansion is currently is under constructon, adding 600 meters and fully resurfacing it. A second runnway (2,500 by 45 meters is to be constructed theeafter - whereby it is hoped that by year 2020 approximately 198,000 take-offs /landings a year may be achieved.
Important telephone numbers:
The Airport: +55 31 3689-6800 or 0800 037 1547
Civil Police - tel. 55 (31) 3689 2310
Federal Police - tel. +55 (31) 3689 2240
Banco do Brasil - tel. 3689 2160 /2055
Baggage Wrapping - 'Protec Bag' - tel. +55 31 3689 2651
ANAC: - tel. +55 (31) 3689 2540
ANVISA - tel. (31) 3689 2009
For updates on T2's expansion pogress open http://www.bh-airport.com.br/en/p/48/expansion-project.aspx
Cidade Confins, MG, 33500-900
- Website for Belo Horizonte Confins Tancredo: http://www.bh-airport.com.br
- Phone: +55 31 3689 2700 /fax 2090