Belo Horizonte Confins Tancredo (CNF) Airport

Belo Horizonte Confins Tancredo CNF Airport Overview

Belo Horizonte Confins Tancredo International Airport CNF serves the south-east Brazilian State of Minas Gerais and its City of Belo Horizonte.  It is currently Brazil's fourth-busiest airport in terms of passenger count.  While Infraero is still a 49 percent Airport shareholder - the remaining 51 percent are shared by Grupo CCR & Zurich Airports. 'BH Airport' is the new concessionaire, managaging the Airport  until 2044, and planning to transform it into an 'Airport City' .

(Pampulha Airport,
much closer to Belo Horizonte, is restricted to smaller aircraft holding up to 50 passengers.)

CNF Airport is located close to the municipality of Confins, and about 40 km south of the  city of Belo Horizonte, and is accessible directly from motorway MG-10 or indirectly via MG424.  

With a long runway and an estimated 10 million passengers per year, Confins Airport is hub to Azul airlines, and is served by a host of airlines, including American (serving Miami Airport tel. 3689-2469) , offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
Currently, nonstop flights are within Latin American region; LCC (Low cost carriers) make up for 75 percent of capacity - while international flights are limited to North America. Currently only Oneworld Alliance member airlines are represented.

As BH Airport is growing rapidly; therefore, the Airport recently acquired a new Airport Management System (AMS) to provide real-time information management to optimize BH Airports' decision-making process, facilitate operational excellence and facilitate a significant expansion of the airport from 10 to 20 million passengers per year.

Confins Tancredo Airport currently consists of Domestic Terminal 1 (T1) and  temporary terminal 3 (T3) for international flights. It is expected that by year-end 2016 the new International Terminal 2 (T2) will open, replacing temporary T3:
   Terminal 1
has three levels
- The Ground level houses Arrivals (with baggage claim) and Departures (check-in facilities) - leading after security check to boarding area and airline gates.  The center of the ground level houses the information counter.
- Level 1 houses the Departure lounge and amenities & services.
- Level 2 houses the Airport Administration and the Airport viewing terrace. 
    Amenities and services inside the Main Terminal include (aside from a large selection of food & drink) retail and duty-free concessions found in the Mall - there is also a passenger Service desk in the Mall at the International sector. Other services include banking facilities (ATMs, bank branches, currency exchange), VIP lounge,  postal service, drugstore, rental car desks, tourist offices, 'Cooperservice' porters, shoeshine, baggage wrapping, & hairdresser. 
NOTE:  Tancredo Airport is one of the Brazilian airports to get 'facial recognition technology' of NEC's NeoFace Watch solution.

   Temporary International Terminal 3
houses19 check-in counters, 3 large 'treadmills' for quicker baggage processing, and more passport & customs checkpoints.  TAP airlines has moved into T3, which offers about 400 Premium parking spaces, a daily 24-hr transfer service between terminals, two duty-free shops and other shops, a caferia, book store and rental car service.

   [New Terminal 2:  Construction started In August 2015 - to be completed by year-end 2016. T2 will have access on two levels, facilitating arrivals & departures. The 49,000 sq.meter building will house 17 boarding bridges (3 for international operations); 6 passenger conveyor belts, 9 escalators, 18 elevators, 1,800 more parking spaces, and will increase total capacity to 22M passengers annually.  The 29,000 sq.meter terminal apron  wll be able to handle aircraft of different sizes.  T2 will be connected to current T1.

Current and future Airport developments: 
New T2 may be completed by the end of 2016 or early 2017. 


  • Address:

    Cidade Confins, MG, 33500-900
    Brazil
  • Website for Belo Horizonte Confins Tancredo: http://www.bh-airport.com.br
  • Phone: +55 31 3689 2700 /fax 2090

Book Travel



Twitter
Facebook
Google Plus One