Belo Horizonte Tancredo (CNF) Airport
Belo Horizonte Tancredo CNF Airport Overview
Belo Horizonte Tancredo Neves International Airport CNF (also known as Confins Airport) serves the south-east Brazilian State of Minas Gerais and the nearby City of Belo Horizonte. It is currently Brazil's fifth-busiest airport in terms of passenger count, and is still operated by Infraero--however as of year-end 2012, the Brazilian Government has ruled to privatize the Airport.
The Airport is located close to the municipality of Confins, and about 40 km south of the major city of Belo Horizonte. Tancredo Airport is accessible directly from motorway MG-10 or indirectly via MG424.
Note that Pampulha Airport, much closer to Belo Horizonte, is restricted to smaller aircraft with up to 50 passengers.
With a long runway and an estimated 10.2 million passengers in 2012, Tancredo Airport is served by domestic and international airlines, including American Airlines - tel. 3689-2469 (serving Miami Airport), offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
Tancredo Neves Airport has a modern passenger terminal with 52 check-in counters - currently undergoing further renovation & expansion work, expected to be completed by March 2014.
Amenities and services inside the terminal include - aside from a large selection of food & drink, retail and duty-free concessions found in the Mall - there is also a passenger Service desk in the Mall at the International sector. Other services include banking facilities (ATMs, bank branches, currency exchange), VIP lounge, postal service, drugstore, rental car desks, tourist offices, 'Cooperservice' porters, shoeshine, baggage wrapping, & hairdresser.
NOTE: The Terminal is presently undergoing renovation work, to be completed by March 2014.
Parking with over 2,900 spaces is available in front of the terminal (parking B, C & D) and close to international departures (parking E). It offers battery recharge service. For more parking information call Royal Park at (31) 3689-2619. Petrobras & Shell have a gas station on airport grounds.
Rental car counters for major and local agencies are located in the Arrivals area of the passenger terminal.
To get from Tancredo Neves Airport to your destination, you can rent a car, take a taxi, or a bus:
1. Taxi service is available, 24/7, from either: Minas Taxi Coop, tel. 3689-2347; Cootramo 3689-2352; Coopertramo 3689-2043; or Cooperfins 3689-2114.
2. The Executive Airport Shuttle (Expresso Unir LTDA) bus (tel. 31 3689-2368 /2415 or visit: conexaoaeroporto.com.br) is serving the region can also transfer to the Belo Horizonte subway system. Tickets for this shuttle and other buses are sold at the booths located in the Arrivals area of the terminal.
3. UNIR urban bus (tel. 31 3689-2368 /2415 - or visit: expressounir.com.br) serves Vespasiano, Belo Horizonte, Capim Branco, Lagoa Santa, Pedro Leopoldo, Confins
Present and future Airport developments: Infraero is preparing the Airport for the 2014 FIFA World Cup. While parking improvements have already been completed, extension of runway and construction of more taxiways is to be completed by 2013.
The passenger terminal is to be renovated and is scheduled for completion in March of 2014.
Cidade Confins, MG, 33500-900
- Website for Belo Horizonte Tancredo: http://www.infraero.com.br/index.php/br/aeroportos/minas-gerais/aeroporto-de-tancredo.html
- Phone: +55 31 3689-2700
Belo Horizonte Tancredo CNF Services
Flying and Airport Help
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Boston Logan BOS Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
Belo Horizonte Tancredo CNF Airport Update History
- Updated CNF Airport Intro page - May 5, 2013
- Updated CNF Airports page - May 5, 2013
- Updated CNF Direct Flights page - Mar 20, 2013
- Updated CNF Parking On site page - Jan 28, 2013
- Updated CNF Banking ATM page - Jan 22, 2013
- Updated CNF Currency Exchange page - Jan 22, 2013