(Pampulha Airport, much closer to Belo Horizonte, is restricted to smaller aircraft holding up to 50 passengers.)
CNF Airport is located close to the municipality of Confins, and about 40 km south of the city of Belo Horizonte, and is accessible directly from motorway MG-10 or indirectly via MG424.
With a long runway and about 13 million passengers in 2016, Confins Tancredo Airport is hub to Azul airlines, and is served by a host of airlines, including American (serving Miami Airport tel. 3689-2469) , offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
LCC (Low cost carriers) make up for 75 percent of capacity - while international flights are currently limited to North America & Spain.
As BH Airport is growing rapidly; therefore, the Airport recently acquired a new Airport Management System (AMS) to provide real-time information management to optimize BH Airports' decision-making process, facilitate operational excellence and facilitate a significant expansion of the airport from 10 to 20 million passengers per year.
Current airlines include: Aerolineas Argentinas, American, Azul, Copa, GOL, TAM (LATAM) & TAP Portugal.
BH Belo Horizonte Airport now has one integrated passenger terminal - opened in December 2016 - serving both domestic & international flights. It covers an area of 52,000 sq.meters and inceased capacity to 22M passenges annually. International 'Check-in 3' offers 20 common-use check-in facilities, 5 Xray / security inspections, 10 passport counters and 3 boarding bridges for international flights. The curved new terminal offers WiFi service throughout its 3 levels, self-service check-in kiosks, new food & retail outlet, ATMs, new Data Center, and more), The 29,000 sq.meter terminal apron with 44 positions is able to handle aircraft of different sizes.
The curved new terminal houses arrivals & check-in facilities on the ground level, on level 1 the boarding area, and on level 2 special services. The Ground level and level 1 are divided between domestic and international flights. Stationed outside of the arrivals level are stands fortaxis, hotel vans and special official taxis. At the east end of the terminal a viaduct leads to carparks P1, P2, P3 - which in turn are surrounded by economy lots E3, E2 & E1 . (E3 borders Highway 800 leading east to Pedro Leopold and west to Belo Horizonte, Lagoa Santa.
(The Airport's current map shows tiny unreadable print which cannot be enlarged.)
- The Ground level houses both Arrivals (baggage claim, customs, rental car counters and some sevices & amenities) and all check-in facilities) - with an information counter - leading to level 1.
- Level 1 is the Departure level with security & passport control, and access to amenities & services in the boarding area and to all airline gates (with single (domestic?) gates. 1-7 at the western end, followed by 17 international boarding bridges eastwards.
- Level 2 houses VIP service, some duty shops and eateries, and access to International departures and to the observation deck.
Amenities and services inside the Main Terminal include (aside from a large selection of food & drink) retail and duty-free concessions found in the Mall - there is also a passenger Service desk in the Mall at the International sector. Other services include banking facilities (ATMs, bank branches, currency exchange), VIP lounge, postal service, drugstore, rental car desks, tourist offices, 'Cooperservice' porters, shoeshine, baggage wrapping, & hairdresser.
NOTE: The passenger terminal is a smoke-free area.
- BH Belo Horizonte Airport is one of the Brazilian airports with 'facial recognition technology' of NEC's NeoFace Watch solution.
- Rockwell Collins completed installation by early 2017 of CUPPS passenger check-in processing solutions for airline flexibility, (b) common-use self-service kiosks; and (c) the latest network & message solution to provice enhanced flight operations.
Current and future Airport developments: Currently the runway expansion is under constructon, adding 600 meters and fully resurfacing it. A second runnway (2,500 by 45 meters is to be constructed thereafter - whereby it is hoped that by year 2020 approximately 198,000 take-offs /landings a year may be achieved.
Important telephone numbers:
The Airport: +55 31 3689-6800 or 0800 037 1547
Civil Police - tel. 55 (31) 3689 2310
Federal Police - tel. +55 (31) 3689 2240
Banco do Brasil - tel. 3689 2160 /2055
Baggage Wrapping - 'Protec Bag' - tel. +55 31 3689 2651
ANAC: - tel. +55 (31) 3689 2540
ANVISA - tel. (31) 3689 2009
For updates on T2's expansion pogress open http://www.bh-airport.com.br/en/p/48/expansion-project.aspx
Cidade Confins, MG, 33500-900
Phone: +55 31 3689 2700 /fax 2090