Bergen (BGO) Airport
Bergen BGO Airport Overview
Bergen Airport Flesland BGO is Norway’s second-largest airport.
The Airport is located in the town of Fresland, 20 km southwest of the City of Bergen.. To get there by car, follow road 580/ E39 towards Flesland from Bergen center (a non-rush-hour 30-minute ride).
With a long runway and an estimated 5.6 million passengers in 2012, its domestic and international airlines offer direct flights to numerous destinations with worldwide connections. The busiest route is to Oslo, which offers a large number of daily flights.
The on-Airport Clarion Hotel Bergen Airport, a 4 star hotel, known for its design and its lunch buffet, is close to the passenger terminal.
Bergen Airport has one passenger terminal.
Parking options at Bergen Airport: (Details are in the parking section.)
To get from Bergen Airport to your destination, you can rent a car at the Airport from one of 6 rental car agencies, or you can take a taxi a bus, or a boat:
1. Taxis: The taxi stand is opposite the main entrance and the trip to the city center takes 20-30 mins and costs NOK 250-300. You have a choice of taxi companies – for Bergen Taxi call 07000, or for Norges Taxi call 08000.
2. Buses: (a) ‘Flybussen’ run between Bergen city center and the Airport eery 15 mins on weekdays. The trip takes between 30 - 45 minutes, depending on traffic. The route alternates on driving via Fjosanger or via Oasen/Flyllingdalen. Bus stops in the city center include the Bus/Railway Station, Radisson SAS Hotel Norge, The Fish Market and Radisson SAS Royal Hotel Bryggen, and the fare is NOK 85, cash or card accepted.
(b) Scheduled Buses are: Bus 23 – Airport to Loddefjord & Storavatnet; Buses 56 & 57 - Airport to Nesttun (changing bus at Birkelandskrysset). Bus schedule telephone for Hordaland: 177.
3. Boat: At the Flesland quay there are fast boats to Austevoll and Sunnhordaland and to Stord - Haugesund and Stavanger – the Bergen Minibus Tel +47 55 99 86 gets you there.
Note that the Bergen Light Rail is proposed to eventually run to the airport, but this extension is not part of the original line under construction.
Present & Future Airport Developments: As the present terminal, has long exceeded its capacity (built 20 years ago to hold up to 2.8 million passengers a year), 'Development 2017' has started with the preparatory work for a new Terminal 3. The present terminal is to be expanded, while together with the new terminal, the terminal complex should reach capacity of 7.5 million passengers a year is the goal.
- Website for Bergen: http://www.avinor.no/en/airport/bergen/frontpage
- Contact: http://www.avinor.no/en/airport/bergen/tofromairport
- Phone: +47 67 03 1555
- View Terminal Map
Bergen BGO Airport Update History
- BGO Airports - Oct 28, 2013
- BGO Airlines Served - Jul 1, 2013
- BGO Airport Intro - Jun 15, 2013