Berlin Schonefeld (SXF) Airport
Berlin Schonefeld SXF Airport Overview
Berlin-Schonefeld Airport SXF is an international airport, and is currently one of two Airports serving the greater Berlin area of Germany.
The Airport is located near the town of Schonefeld, Brandenburg district, Germany, and borders directly on the southern perimeter on the city of Berlin (a distance of 18 km from city center). It is accessible via access roads B179 Waltersdorf Chaussee and B96A Mittelstrasse, and is close to motorway A113 (connecting south of it to motorway 10/12). The Train station is within walking distance of the terminals, across from B179, and the train takes 0.5 hours into the city.
With presently only one long runway and an estimated 8.3 million passengers in 2012, Berlin-Schonefeld Airport is hub to EasyJet and Germanwings, and is served by domestic and international airlines offering direct & connecting flights to all parts of the globe.
NOTICE: While Schoenefeld Airport is still in operation the new ‘Berlin-Brandenburg Willy Brandt International Airport’ (Airport code 'BER) located south of runway O7R/25L, is scheduled to open in 2014, Schoenefeld is to cease operations.
The present passenger terminal complex at Schonefeld International Airport consists of four small passenger terminals, A, B, C, & D.
Parking options at Schonefeld International: You can book your parking space at the Airport online at reduced rate or call APCOA at 030 / 60 91 55 86.
1. Parking Lot P1 (about 150 meters from Terminals A/B or 300 meters from TD) can be reached by foot and has one entry & one exit with two pay machines.
2. Parking Garage P4 (about 150 meters from Terminals A/B, or 300 meters from TD) has two entrances and two exits with two pay machines on the ground level.
3. Parking Lot P6 (about 300 meters from Terminals A/B and directly adjacent to TD) has entries and exits diagonally opposite from 'Airport World BBI'. The exit has two pay machines and a third one is directly across from Terminal D's exit.
Rental car agencies Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz/ADAC, National/Alamo & Sixt are located in the pavilion in front of Terminal A.
To get from Schoenefeld Airport to your destination, you can rent a car, take a taxi, or a train: NOTICE: Limited S-Bahn (express) train service to/from Schoenefeld Airport. Due to ongoing construction at the Ostkreuz train station, S-Bahn service into Berlin city center has been discontinued. Therefore take the RE7 or RB14 AirportExpress instead, which run every hour on their route to Ostbahnhof (East train station), Alexanderplatz, Friedrichstrasse, central station, Zoological Garden to Charlottenburg train station.
All destinations in the city center can be reached via these lines, with connections to the U-Bahn trains (subway).
S-Bahn S9 runs between the Airport and Treptower Park station, where there is a connection to lines S41 and S42 of the Berlin Ringbahn.
Line S45 is presently not available. For public transport network tickets for Berlin and the whole of Brandenburg (S-Bahn, day and group tickets).
The Airport Express will connect the Airport with central Berlin in half an hour. The underground ICE-enabled train station has 4 long-distance and 2 S-Bahn rails.
The four-lane Federal road B96a will connect major highway (Autobahn) A113 directly into the Airport.
Present & future Airport developments: The airport is presently getting some upgrades.
The Supervisory Board will 'present a schedule for opening BER' in September 2013
- Website for Berlin Schonefeld: http://www.berlin-airport.de/DE/index2.php
- Contact: http://www.berlin-airport.de/EN/Dialog/Callcenter.html
- Phone: +49 1805 000186
Berlin Schonefeld SXF Airport Update History
- SXF Airports - Oct 28, 2013
- SXF Airport Intro - Sep 21, 2013
- SXF Main Terminals - Jun 13, 2013
- SXF Airlines Served - Jun 11, 2013
- SXF Official Website Links - Jun 11, 2013