Bermuda Wade International Airport BDA
serves the island chain of Bermuda (a U.K. overseas territory). It is gateway for sun-seekers from Europe and North America to Bermuda's beaches, resorts and hotels. The Airport is 560 miles east of Cape Hatteras, and a mere 2-hour flight from New York.
BDA Airport is located near Castle Harbor, 10 miles east of its capital city of Hamilton, St. George's Parish.
With a long runway, and close to 1M passengers a year, L.F. Wade International Airport is served by a number of major international airlines offering direct and connecting flights all over the world.
NOTE: Peak travel hours are 11am-2pm.
- With a choice of checking in on-line, using self-service kiosks or the check-in counter at the Airport - note that self-service kiosks - accessible with any major credit or debit card - automatically calculate customs duty in a number of different currencies.
- Passengers are required to check in two hours before their scheduled departure.
- Peak hours at the Airport are between 11am and 2pm.
- The airport offers U.S. Customs and Immigration pre-clearance
(tel. (41) 293--8127), which means U.S.-bound passengers clear Customs in Bermuda
; flights arriving in the U.S. from Bermuda are therefore treated as domestic flights.
- Customs : If you have goods to declare, use the red channel - if not, use the green channel.
- Bermuda Immigration: tel. 441-293-2542; HM Customs 442 293-2424.
- Lost & Found: e-mail email@example.com or tel. 441 293 2470.
L.F. Wade International Airport has one passenger terminal.
Present and future Airport developments
: Construction started in March 2017 on a new state-of-the-art passenger terminal. The multi-million dollar redevelopment - to become operational by 2020
- is undertaken under a newly-formed public/private partership with Bermuda's Government and the Canadian Commerical Corportation CCC - while Bermuda Skyport will be the Airport's operator.