Bermuda Wade (BDA) Airport
Bermuda Wade BDA Airport Overview
BDA Airport is located near Castle Harbor, 10 miles east of its capital city of Hamilton, St. George's Parish.
With a long runway, and close to 1M passengers a year, L.F. Wade International Airport is served by a number of major international airlines offering direct and connecting flights all over the world.
NOTE: Peak travel hours are 11am-2pm.
- With a choice of checking in on-line, using self-service kiosks or the check-in counter at the Airport - note that self-service kiosks - accessible with any major credit or debit card - automatically calculate customs duty in a number of different currencies.
- Passengers are required to check in two hours before their scheduled departure.
- Peak hours at the Airport are between 11am and 2pm.
- The airport offers U.S. Customs and Immigration pre-clearance (tel. (41) 293--8127), which means U.S.-bound passengers clear Customs in Bermuda; flights arriving in the U.S. from Bermuda are therefore treated as domestic flights.
- Customs : If you have goods to declare, use the red channel - if not, use the green channel.
- Bermuda Immigration: tel. 441-293-2542; HM Customs 442 293-2424.
- Lost & Found: e-mail email@example.com or tel. 441 293 2470.
L.F. Wade International Airport has one passenger terminal.
Present and future Airport developments: A new $200M PassengerTerminal was to get 'under way by the end of 2015' - bringing much-needed jobs to the area. However, as many Bermudians (collective owners of the Airport) point out that Bermuda 'can harldly afford a new terminal' and others suggest renovations on current terminal - the final decision is dragging on.... On July 4, 2016, the Government released a live video 'On Borrowed Time' - available that night to all of Bermuda's citizens (who jointly own the Airport) - making them aware of the critical need to upgrade airport.