Birmingham Shuttlesworth (BHM) Airport
Birmingham Shuttlesworth BHM Airport Overview
Birmingham Shuttlesworth International Airport BHM is Alabama's largest airport serving the Greater Birmingham area and surrounding southeastern cities. The Airport was formerly known as 'Birmingham International Airport' and was renamed in 2008 in honor of Alabama's civil rights activist, The Rev. Fred Shuttlesworth.
BHM Airport is lonly 4.5 miles from downtown Birmingham, is adjacent to Interstate Hwys. 59 & 20, and accessible via I-459 & I-65.
With an estimated annual passenger count of nearly million, Birmingham Shuttlesworth Airport is served by many major airlines offering direct flights numerous U.S. cities with convenient connections.
NOTE: It is requested that passengers arrive at least 90 minutes prior to scheduled deparrtre for check-in & screening!
Birmingham Shuttlesworth Airport has one passenger terminal and two concourses.
Present and Future Airport Developments: The Airport's 'Makeover Project) is in full swing and - among other projects - demoliton continues at rotunda & terminal areas. Work also began on parking deck elevator C and the new pedestrian connector foundation work. The remainder of construction work is on schedule & expected to be completed by early 2014.
Birmingham Shuttlesworth BHM Airport Update History
- BHM Airports - Oct 28, 2013
- BHM Airport Intro - Oct 13, 2013
- BHM Main Terminals - Oct 13, 2013
- BHM Buses & Trains - Oct 5, 2013
- BHM Rental Cars - Oct 5, 2013
- BHM Food & Stores - Sep 29, 2013
- BHM Gate Offset - Sep 25, 2013
- BHM Terminal Map - Sep 24, 2013
- BHM Carts Skycap - Sep 9, 2013
- BHM Guest Services - Sep 7, 2013
- BHM Parking On site - Jul 26, 2013
- BHM Airlines Served - Jul 13, 2013
BHM AIRPORT & FLIGHT STATUS
BHM Delays: 15 mins or less.