OverviewTransport options from Birmingham Airport to your destination: Taxis (0121 783 3744) - the taxi stand is outside the passenger terminal; these black cabs can seat 5 -6 people, luggage & wheelchair, and display their metered zone fares into Birmingham & Solihull.
- The free Air-Rail Link monorail departs from the terminal every two minutes to the Birmingham International Rail Station (500 meters from the terminal) - linking it directly to the national rail network, including:
(a) service to Birmingham New Street seven times/hr, taking only 10 mins, and
(b) hourly services to Central London, a trip of 76 minutes.
- Other train connections:
- Virgin Trains: three hourly departures to London Euston; two hourly to Birmingham New Street and one hourly to Wolverhampton via Birmingham New Street.
- Cross Country: (a) hourly departure to Manchester Piccadilly, Bournemouth London Midland, London Euston via Northampton, Northamton & Coventry; (b) 4 trains per hour to Birmingham New Street.
- Arriva Trains Wales: one hourly departure to Shrewsbury, continuing every 2 hrs to either to Aberystwyth & Pwllheli - or - to Holyhead via Wrexham General and Chester.
For more information open www.nationalaril.co.uk
- The Megabus offers budget inter-city coaches with 16 destinations from the Airport and arrive directly outside of the passenger terminal. Tickets need to be bought online (open: megabuas.co.uk) For more information, call +44 (0)871 266 3333.
- The National Express offers frequent direct connection to Birmingham, Oxford, Luton, Milton Keynes & Manchester, arriving outside of the terminal. visit: nationalexpress.com/coach/airport/birmingham-airport.aspx, or call +44 (0)871 781 8181.
- Public Buses can be reached from the passenger terminal & at the Birmingham International Interchange via Air-Rail Link. For live departure info open (http://) netwm.mobi. Tickets are available in the Airport Visitor Center, on ground level, or onboard the bus:
Bus 900/ 900A connects to Birmingham & Coventry;
Bus 966 connects to Erdington & Solihull;
Bus 97/97Aruns 24/7 to Birmingham City Center.