The new 3-level Regional Intermodal Transportation Center (RITC) opened June 2014 - located on Empire Av., is across from the Airport train station. Aside from rental car facilities it houses a bus transit station on the ground level, and its elevated passenger walkway connects to the terminal.
- A free shuttle van connects the Airport with downtown Burbank's Metrolink Station - pickup is at the bus stops under the 'Bob Hope Airport' sign.
- Both MetroLink and Amtrak have a combined train station within walking distance of the BUR Airport's main terminal - or take the Elevated Moving Walkway.
MetroLink's Ventura County Line runs to Los Angeles Union Station weekdays between 5:49am & 5:53pm; takes 25-30 mins, and offers numerous daily departures. (JetBlue passenges presently ride free - but check first). For more information visit: www.metrolinktrains.com/scheduls/html.php?id=1105 or open the combined system map & timetables of southern California Passenger Rail at http://www.scribd.com/doc/216793029/LOSSAN-Timetable.
Metro bus lines 169 & 222 and the Burbank City bus connect with downtown Burbank and the Metro Red Line in North Hollywood (right next to Universal Studios.
- 10 Amtrak trains depart from the Airport Train Station daily to downtown Burbank, Glendale & L.A.'s Union Station. The Train station is on W. Empire Ave. - within walking distance of the terminal.
- a free shuttle service from the Airport to the downtown Burbank Station offers connections to Santa Clarita Line and to North Holywood Red Line Station with connections to Hollywood & downtown L.A.
- Amtrak's Pacific Surfliner runs to between San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, downtown Los Angeles, Anaheim & San Diego.