OverviewPublic Transportation from Burbank Airport: Currently every day 10 Amtrak trains & 29 Metrolink trains serve 'Bob Hoop Airport Train Station' - getting passengers to downtown Burbank, Glendale & to the Union Station of downtown Los Angeles. Additionally, free shuttle arevailable to the Downtown Burbank Station, with connection to the Santa Clarita Line or the North Hollywood Red Line Station with frequentRed Line service to Holywood & LA downtown.
The new 3-level Regional Intermodal Transportation Center (RITC) opened June 2014 - located on Empire Av., is across from the Airport train station. Aside from rental car facilities it houses a bus transit station on the ground level, and its elevated passenger walkway connects to the terminal.
- A free shuttle van connects the Airport with downtown Burbank's Metrolink Station - pickup is at the bus stops under the 'Bob Hope Airport' sign.
- Both MetroLink and Amtrak have a combined train station within walking distance of the BUR Airport's main terminal - or take the Elevated Moving Walkway.
MetroLink's Ventura County Line runs to Los Angeles Union Station weekdays between 5:49am & 5:53pm; takes 25-30 mins, and offers numerous daily departures. (JetBlue passenges presently ride free - but check first). For more information visit: www.metrolinktrains.com/scheduls/html.php?id=1105 or open the combined system map & timetables of southern California Passenger Rail at http://www.scribd.com/doc/216793029/LOSSAN-Timetable.
Metro bus lines 169 & 222 and the Burbank City bus connect with downtown Burbank and the Metro Red Line in North Hollywood (right next to Universal Studios.
- 10 Amtrak trains depart from the Airport Train Station daily to downtown Burbank, Glendale & L.A.'s Union Station. The Train station is on W. Empire Ave. - within walking distance of the terminal.
- a free shuttle service from the Airport to the downtown Burbank Station offers connections to Santa Clarita Line and to North Holywood Red Line Station with connections to Hollywood & downtown L.A.
- Amtrak's Pacific Surfliner runs to between San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, downtown Los Angeles, Anaheim & San Diego.