Bodo (BOO) Airport
Bodo BOO Airport Overview
Bodo Airport BOO serves the Norland county of north-west Norway and is operated by Avinor.
The Airport is located on the western-most tip of the peninsula, just south of the city center of Bodo. To get to the Airport by car, follow road 80/Olav V gate all the way to the airport.
With one runway and an estimated 1.8 million passengers in 2012, Bodo Airport is served by jet flights to major domestic destinations, and also serves as a hub for regional airlines offering flights to Helgeland, Lofoten and Vesteralen.
Airport service hours: Mon-Fri 8am-6pm; Sat 9am-3pm; Sun 2pm-8:30pm.
The passenger terminal at Bodo Airport offers the following amenities: internet access, a cafe, a pub, and a convenience kiosk, a duty-free shop, luggage storage, an ATM machine providing Norwegian kroner or Euro. If you need other currency, Bodo’s banks are a 15-minute walk from the terminal. Self-service check-in machines are in the departures hall.
You can rent one of three modern meeting rooms equipped with AV equipment and Internet access, with free parking for all attendants.
Parking options at Bodo Airport include
1. the P1 lot across from the terminal for short-term parking,
2. the P2 lot to the left of the terminal for long-term parking, and
3. the P6 lot to the right, past the employee lot, for economy parking.
4. Electric parking is available and parking fees are the same as for other cars. Electric fillup is free and spaces are available in P1 and P2.
Payment machines are close to parking spaces and accept coins & credit cards.
To get from Bodo Airport to your destination, you can rent a car from one of the five rental car agencies – car pick-up is close to the terminal building and in winter cars are ready, warmed and ice-free.You can also take a taxi, a bus or a train:
1. Taxis: Nordland Taxi frequently checks for passenger lines outside the terminal, if you don’t see a taxi there, call 07550. The trip to city center takes five minutes and the fare is NOK 100.
2. Buses: Bus 5 stops at the main entrance and departures are scheduled according to air traffic, running usually every half hour during rush hour. For more information call SB Nordlandsbus at +47 75 55 22 10.
These buses serve Bodo, surrounding area, incl. Kjerringoy & Saltstraumen, as well as long-distance routes to Fauske, Saltdal, Misvaer, Beiarn and Narvik, Tromso and the North Cape.
The Nor-Way Bussekspress (Tel: +47 815 44 444) makes long-distance routes to Narvik & Tomso.
3. Trains: You can take a taxi or bus to the train station of Nordlandsbanen, which has its final stop in Bodo. From onwards are several southward-bound local and regional trains available daily.
Bodo BOO Services
Flying and Airport Help
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Boston Logan BOS Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
Bodo BOO Airport Update History
- Updated BOO Airport Intro page - Mar 18, 2013
- Updated BOO Airports page - Mar 18, 2013
- Updated BOO Food & Stores page - Mar 6, 2013
- Updated BOO Direct Flights page - Feb 23, 2013
- Updated BOO Parking On site page - Jan 27, 2013