Brasilia Kubitschek (BSB) Airport
Brasilia Kubitschek BSB Airport Overview
NOTE: BSB Airport is now operated by the 'Inframerica' consortium, which is to invest heavily over the next 25 years, by upgrading & expanding the Airport and gradually increasing passenger capacity.
Kubitschek Airport is located 11 km from downtown Brasilia - accessible via the Rodovia do Aeroporto DF-047 (off the Eixao Sul motorway, and forms a circle road around parking & Terminal .
With two long runways and 17.9M passengers in 2016, Brasilia International Airport is hub to Avianca, GOL & TAM, and is served by domestic and international airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
Hotels: A shuttle runs between Terminals 1 & 2 and the on-Airport Base Concept Hotel.
The closest hotel outside of the Airport is the Nobile Lake Side Convention & Restort hotel l(tel. 8866 538 0317) - 3.7 miles from the Airport.
TERMINAL LAYOUT & DETAILS:
The passenger terminal complex at Brasilia International Airport currently consists of two terminals under one roof: T1 & T2 (also connected by shuttle buses). From the air you will see a new long building, with two 'arms' at each end pointing northwards- representing the North & South Concourses /Piers. Airline Gates 1 - 35 are distributed as follows:
- the Main Terminal with gates 12-17; the North Concourse gates 1-10 & 32-35; and the South Concourse gates 18-31.
International airlines currently serving the terminals: Air France, American, Copa & TAP;
National airlines currently serving the terminals: Avianca, Azul, GOL, LATAM & Passaredo.
NOTE:Kubitschek Airport will get facial recognition technology of NEC's NeoFace Watch solution.
Terminal 1 has two levels:
- The ground level is the Arrivals level with arrivals gates and baggage claim
- The first level is the Departures level houses the ticket counters and check-in facilities, a commercial area - while a moving walkway will get you to the Concourse gates.
- Services and amenities inside Terminal 1: Aside from the many food & retail concessions, Terminal 1 offers banking facilities, rental car counters, left-luggage area, travel agency, VIP lounge; first aid station; and the Information desk inside the Departure hall. On the second level is a mall with four cinemas, restaurants and shops, as well as a viewing terrace.
- NOTE: Dufry International, which has a 10-year contract, is making sweeping changes by introducing new restaurants in the vastly expanded areas. All establishments charge market price - the same as you would pay in the City. Food & drink, as well as shops & duty-frees, will be available to shoppers of all economic levels. For information on Dufry Shopping Megastore - loacated in Terminal 1, Departures, call at any time +55 (61)3364-9127 /9126 or e-mail Sergio.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terminal 2 - opened 2010 and recently extended - houses arrivals & departures on the ground level; Its facilities include a restaurant, pharmacy, rental cars, and shuttles to Terminal 1.
- Amenities & Services include a shopping mall featuring entertainment, leisure, restaurants and hospitality options; free high-speed Wi-Fi without password or access restrictions; self-checkin CUSS system kiosks; baggage dropoff merged with baggage handling system; a new banking area; single boarding location & expanded security checkpoints expediting clearance; a people mover connecting terminal to piers; and the large Domestic Airport VIP Club lounge with TV, fully-equipped Conference Room, Business Center, 40-inch tablets for meetings, free WiFi access, a nursery, home theater, private showers, hot/cold buffet & Blue Label bar. This lounge was recently voted 'Latin American & Caribbean Lounge of the Year'.
- T2 houses the new International VIP Lounge with Premium service, free WiFi, a business center and a welcome lounge is to open soon, or is already open.
The new South Concourse of T2 (for domestic flights), - reached by moving walkways - with a new & large Departure Lounge, offers easy transfer via conveyor belts, boarding bridges, ample seating, restaurants & shops, and natural light with views of the apron. It houses airline Gates 18-31. The new new aircraft overpass connects the new runway to the Main Terminal - doubling the aircrafts' circulating the area.
The North Concourse of T2 (for international flights) opened 2014, with 8 boardig bridges (aside from 43 remote operation points) covers an area of 15,000 sq.meters. It houses airline Gates 1-10 and 32-35.
Present and future Airport Developments: In 2016 Inframerica started its $252M two-year terminal improvement project, referred to as the 'New JK Terminal' - extending the terminal four times its current size. The focus is on upgrading pre-security areas and making terminal improvements for international flights. Plans include 6 boarding bridges, 280 shops, 30 cafes, 8 restaurants, movie theaters, gym, 2 office buildings and a carpark with 4,000 spaces. This 2-year initiative is not part of Inframerica's 25-year concession contract.