Brasilia Kubitschek International Airport BSB
- named after a former President - serves the capital city of Brasilia in Brazil's Federal District (DF). (Though DF is surrounded by the State of Goias, it is not part of it.) The Airport is currently the third-largest Airport in Brazil & Latin America, Due to its central location, the Airport is also the civil aviation hub for Brazil. Brasilia Airport is situated between the National Park of Brasilia to the north and the Zoological park to the south, with a large lake to the east. Smaller airports within a 163-261 km range are: Santa Genoveva, Niquelandia, Caldas Novas, Catalao & Cana Brava airports.
: BSB Airport is now operated by the 'Inframerica' consortium
, which is to invest heavily over the next 25 years, by upgrading & expanding the Airport and gradually increasing passenger capacity.
Kubitschek Airport is located 11 km from downtown Brasilia - accessible via the Rodovia do Aeroporto DF-047 (off the Eixao Sul motorway, and forms a circle road around parking & Terminal .
With two long runways and 17.9M passengers in 2016, Brasilia International Airport is hub to Avianca, GOL & TAM, and is served by domestic and international airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
A shuttle runs between Terminals 1 & 2 and the on-Airport Base Concept Hotel.
The closest hotel outside of the Airport is the Nobile Lake Side Convention & Restort hotel l(tel. 8866 538 0317) - 3.7 miles from the Airport.
TERMINAL LAYOUT & DETAILS:
The passenger terminal complex at Brasilia International Airport currently consists of two terminals under one roof: T1 & T2 (also connected by shuttle buses).
From the air you will see a new long building, with two 'arms' at each end pointing northwards- representing the North & South Concourses /Piers. Airline Gates 1 - 35 are distributed as follows:
- the Main Terminal with gates 12-17; the North Concourse gates 1-10 & 32-35; and the South Concourse gates 18-31.
currently serving the terminals: Air France, American, Copa & TAP;
currently serving the terminals: Avianca, Azul, GOL, LATAM & Passaredo.
:Kubitschek Airport will get facial recognition technology
of NEC's NeoFace Watch solution.
Terminal 1 has two levels:
- The ground level is the Arrivals level
with arrivals gates and baggage claim
- The first level is the Departures level
houses the ticket counters and check-in facilities, a commercial area - while a moving walkway will get you to the Concourse gates.
- Services and amenities inside Terminal 1: Aside from the many food & retail concessions, Terminal 1 offers banking facilities, rental car counters, left-luggage area, travel agency, VIP lounge; first aid station; and the Information desk inside the Departure hall. On the second level is a mall with four cinemas, restaurants and shops, as well as a viewing terrace.
- NOTE: Dufry International,
which has a 10-year contract, is making sweeping changes by introducing new restaurants in the vastly expanded areas. All establishments charge market price - the same as you would pay in the City
. Food & drink, as well as shops & duty-frees, will be available to shoppers of all economic levels. For information on Dufry Shopping Megastore - loacated in Terminal 1, Departures, call at any time +55 (61)3364-9127 /9126 or e-mail Sergio.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terminal 2 -
opened 2010 and recently extended - houses arrivals & departures on the ground level; Its facilities include a restaurant, pharmacy, rental cars, and shuttles to Terminal 1.
- Amenities & Services
include a shopping mall featuring entertainment, leisure, restaurants and hospitality options; free high-speed Wi-Fi without password or access restrictions; self-checkin CUSS system kiosks; baggage dropoff merged with baggage handling system; a new banking area; single boarding location & expanded security checkpoints expediting clearance; a people mover connecting terminal to piers; and the large Domestic Airport VIP Club lounge
with TV, fully-equipped Conference Room, Business Center, 40-inch tablets for meetings, free WiFi access, a nursery, home theater, private showers, hot/cold buffet & Blue Label bar. This lounge was recently voted 'Latin American & Caribbean Lounge of the Year'.
- T2 houses the new International VIP Lounge
with Premium service, free WiFi, a business center and a welcome lounge is to open soon, or is already open.
The new South Concourse of T2 (for domestic flights)
, - reached by moving walkways - with a new & large Departure Lounge, offers easy transfer via conveyor belts, boarding bridges, ample seating, restaurants & shops, and natural light with views of the apron. It houses airline Gates 18-31. The new new aircraft overpass connects the new runway to the Main Terminal - doubling the aircrafts' circulating the area.
The North Concourse of T2 (for international flights)
opened 2014, with 8 boardig bridges (aside from 43 remote operation points) covers an area of 15,000 sq.meters. It houses airline Gates 1-10 and 32-35.
Present and future Airport Developments: In 2016 Inframerica started its $252M two-year terminal improvement project,
referred to as the 'New JK Terminal
' - extending the terminal four times its current size. The focus is on upgrading pre-security areas and making terminal improvements for international flights. Plans include 6 boarding bridges, 280 shops, 30 cafes, 8 restaurants, movie theaters, gym, 2 office buildings and a carpark with 4,000 spaces. This 2-year initiative is not part of Inframerica's 25-year concession contract.