Bremen City (BRE) Airport
Bremen City BRE Airport Overview
City Airport Bremen BRE serves the the city of Bremen in Saxony State, northern Germany, as well as the nearby 'Airport City' and its global companies, medium-sized enterprises and start-ups.
The Airport is only an 11-minute drive from city center and can be accessed via the new A281 motorway; also, the Autobahn connector Arsten 6 connects the Airport to motorways B75, B6 & A1.
With two runways and 2.4 million passengers in 2012, the Airport is served by national, international, and low-cost airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe. Seasonal charters fly to popular vacation destinations. (The Airport currently also offers flights to Rome, Instanbul & Moskow.)
The passenger terminal complex of City Airport Bremen consists of four passenger terminals - T1, T2, T3 & T-E - with an easy-to-follow guidance system.
T1 handles flights of all airlines, except Lufthansa, Tunis Air & Ryanair.
T2 is the Arrivals terminal.
T3 handles flights of Lufthansa and Tunis Air.
T-E, to the right of T1, handles Ryanair.
Checking in options: T1, T2 & T3 have conventional check-in desks. Additionally, Lufthansa, Air Berlin, Air France, KLM, TUI Fly & Ryanair offer online check-in from either at home or at the Airport's Quick Check-in machines.
Services and amenities in the terminals include a multitude of travel agencies.
Baggage lockers are near the entrance of the parking facility P1. Baggage trolleys are free in front of the terminals and in the car parks. For lost Luggage or items lost on the airplane call: Lufthansa at +49 (0)421 5592317, or AHS for all other airlines at +49 (0)421 552035.
For food and drink, you have a good selection of restaurants and bars in pre-security, and refreshment counters in post-security of Terminals 1-3. There is also a snack bar in Terminal E. The Airport Shop offers a wide variety of items. A bookstore is on the ground floor of T1. A beauty parlor, bakery shop, Space Shop and duty free shops are in T1, T3 and TE.
Currency exchange is available at the 'Wechselstube', (tel. +49 (0)421 559009 & open for international flights. Deutsche Bank & Sparkasse Bremen offer ATM cash machines.
Internet access is provided by T-Mobile Hot Spot.
For conference and meeting rooms, including the Media Room and the Bremen Lounge, call +49 (0)421 3788862.
Parking options at City Airport Bremen: 1. Short-term parking spaces in front of the terminals are limited.
2. The Airport has over 4,500 parking spaces in two multi-storey parking garages P1 & P2 across from Terminal 1-3 – both offer long-term parking, while P1 has also short-term parking available. The green arrows guide you to the nearest available space; parking spaces for women only are on Level 0; disabled parking spaces are on Level 3 of P1 and on Level 0 of P2.
3. Frequent Flyer parking is also available
4. Vehicles exceeding a height of 2 meters can park at the P3 parking lot.
5. An off-Airport parking lot ‘Parkplatz Sud’ (parking lot south) is located nearby, off Kladdinger Street.
Payment options: You have the option of paying either at the ticket machine or at the ‘Parkkasse’ desk inside Terminal 2. For more parking information, contact the Parkkasse desk (Tel. +49 421-55 95 294). No reservations accepted, but parking spaces are always available.
The rental car pavillion is located right across from Terminal 2 and offers rental cars from major agencies.
To get from City Airport Bremen to your destination, you can rent a car, take a taxi or a bus or tram:
1. A taxi to the main railway station in Bremen takes on average 20 minutes (Roland Taxi: Tel. +49 421 14 433).
2. Buses: (a) To Groningen, Netherlands, take the Public Express via Oldenburg (visit publicexpress.de or call 01805 202 222.
(b) For direct connection to Hamburg’s ZOB bus station, at Adenauer Allee 78 (a 3-minute walk from the main railway station) take Bus2fly Airportbus, which takes about 90 minutes and its schedule coincides with Ryanair flights. The bus stops in front of the entrance to Terminal E (Ryanair) (call 01805 202 222).
3. To Oldenburg and surroundings, take the door-to-door Luftibus shuttle service (call +49 421 81 114).
4. Tram number 6 departs every 10 minutes at rush hours (on Sundays up to 30 min) to Bremen’s central bus station (ZOB). The ride takes 11 minutes and costs 2.20 EUR.
Bremen City BRE Services
Flying and Airport Help
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Boston Logan BOS Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
Bremen City BRE Airport Update History
- Updated BRE Airport Intro page - May 10, 2013
- Updated BRE Airports page - May 10, 2013
- Updated BRE Food & Stores page - Mar 13, 2013
- Updated BRE Direct Flights page - Feb 23, 2013
- Updated BRE Main Terminals page - Feb 2, 2013
- Updated BRE Parking On site page - Jan 27, 2013