OverviewPublic Transportation from Brussels Airport to your destination, you can rent a car from 6 major rental car agencies), take a taxi, a train or a bus: Taxi stands are in front of the Arrivals hall; the fare to the city is about 35 EU. Limo service is available by contacting Edward Ghebreal at +32 2 772 0000.
- At basement level -1 is the train station providing four hourly trips to Brussels North, Central & Midi stations. Direct train services are also available to other cities in Belgium (visit: www.b-rail.be/main/E/.)
- The new underground rail link between the Airport's rail station and the new rail line Schaarbeek - Mechelen at motorway E19 offers non-stop service from/to the Antwerp-Mechelen region.
- Brussels to Paris by High-Speed Thalys train - departing at the airport 8:12am. to book a seat open: Thalys.com & enter 'Bruxelles-Aeroport' .
By Bus: Three bus station are on level 0 (use elevators/escalators from the Arrivals Hall):
De Lijn buses (+32 70 220 200): Using De Lijn buses between bus stops inside the airport perimeter is free. De Lijn Busesoffer local bus services to:
- railway station Brussels North (lines 272 and 471),
- NATO (lines 272, 471 and 620) and
- the Brussels underground station Roodebeek (lines 359 and 659).
De Lijn regional services to
- Mechelen (lines 681, 682 and 683),
- Leuven (616, 651 & 652),
- Vilvoorde (282, 621, 683,820 & 821),
- Merchtem (821), and Jette (820),
- Brussels Expo (820), and Diegem (272, 282, 620 & 621),
- Haacht (660), and Roodebeek (359) en Groenendaal (830).
- Brucargo(272, 616, 651, 652, 659, 660, 681, 682, 683, 686, 820, 821 and 830). NOTE: All De Lijn services that run via Brucargo depart from platform B; the other De Lijn services depart from platform A.
MIVB/STIB public buses (+32 70 23 2000) at Platform C - Bus line 12 (Mon-Fri) and Bus line 21 (weekend/holidays) make frequent runs to 'European Quarter' near the uptown shops. Tickets are available at the Platform C vending machine 'GO'.
The Brussels Express Bus to Antwerp operated by DeDecker (+32 52 33 4000) is an hourly service; buses depart from the back of platform B. Note that while 'De Keyserlei' stop near the central station is a schedule stop - the 'Crowne Plaza' stop has to be requested. The trip takes 45 minutes and costs 10 EU, tickets available from driver.
Buses to Rotterdam & The Hague by Royal Dutch Coach depart at level 0.