Caracas Maiquetia (CCS) Airport
Caracas Maiquetia CCS Airport Overview
Caracas Maiquetia International Airport CCS ('Aeropuerto Internacional de Maiquetia Simon Bolivar') is gateway to famed Angel Falls (Salto Angel) and serves the capital city of Caracas and the Venezuelan state of Vargas. The Airport has experienced a rapid increase in passengers in each of the years starting with 2005.
The Airport is located in Maiquetia (Vargas State), near the interchange of motorway 2 (Autopista Caracas-LaGuaira) and Avenida La Armada, and is 16 miles north of the city of Caracas, the capital of Venezuela, S.A. The Airport, which is and to Curacao island, can be reached within 30-60 minutes, depending on the traffic, and is accessible via the Autopista Norte-Sur from the east, or Avenida Aeropuerto from the west.
With two long runways and 10.4 million passengers in 2012, Caracas Maiquetia Airport is served by as host of domestic and international airlines offering flights to cities throughout Venezuela, the Americas, and to Europe.
NOTE: It is recommended that you arrive two hours prior to domestic departure, and three hours prior to international departure schedules. The Airport charges a departure tax and a national airport tax.
An on-Airport Hilton Hotel located opposite International Arrivals will offer conference facilities.
The passenger terminal complex at Caracas Maiquetia Airport consists of three terminals - International, Domestic, and Commuter Terminal. For assistance, the domestic terminals can be reached at 303.1403/ or 08 and the International terminal can be reached at 303.1526/ or 27, 28, 50, 81, 82.
International & Domestic terminals have undergone recent renovations, and are modern and airy. While they are linked by a pedestrian walkway, they are also served by a free shuttle bus.
The color designs on the floor and on some walls in the Terminals are the creation of noted Venezuelan plastic artist Cruz Diez.
Services and amenities:
Information desks are serving passengers in the International Terminal (Tel: 0212 303 1526) and the Domestic Terminal (Tel: 0212 303 1403).
Foreign exchange, ATM machines, postal and telecommunication services are located in both terminals; while the Domestic Terminal also offers an express courier service; pay phones & IDD, a variety of eateries and shops, left-luggage and medical services, and in the International Terminal a duty-free shop, a pharmacy, some travel agencies & tour operators.
Executive lounges include: the Simon Bolivar (2d floor--Domestic) and Venezuela Lounge, American Airlines Admiral Club and United-Iberia (2d floor--International).
Parking options at Caracas Maiquetia Airport include short- and long-term carparks in front of both terminals, and open year-round.
Rental car counters for major rental agencies are located in the arrivals area of both terminals.
To get from Caracas Maiquetia Airport to your destination, you can rent a car, take a taxi or a bus:
1. If you leave the Airport by car, follow the signs to 'Autopista/Caracas', drive through two tunnels and then keep left as you enter the third tunnel (La Planicie); follow signs to 'Petare'. The tunnel leads straight into Caracas.
2. The black authorized taxis waiting outside the terminals (Tel: 0212 352 85555)--but first stopping by at the yellow desks in the arrivals areas of both terminals and paying in advance to assure your safety. Taxis will also take you to Maracay or Valencia.
3. UCAM buses (Tel: 0212 3524818) shuttle between the airport and Parque Central in Caracas, taking about 40 minues.
Maiquetia (Vargas), 1161
- Website for Caracas Maiquetia: http://www.aeropuerto-maiquetia.com.ve
- Phone: +58 212 303 1153
Caracas Maiquetia CCS Services
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Boston Logan BOS Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
Caracas Maiquetia CCS Airport Update History
- Updated CCS Airport Intro page - May 7, 2013
- Updated CCS Airports page - May 7, 2013
- Updated CCS Main Terminals page - May 7, 2013
- Updated CCS Direct Flights page - Feb 18, 2013