The Tourist Information Center can be found in the arrivals hall of the Passenger Terminal and has information about events and attractions within Wales.
A short introduction to Wales: Land Area: Just over 8,000 square miles (about the same size as Massachusetts). Population: 3 million--and about 12 million woolly sheep - grazing peacefully on green hillsides.
Capital City: Cardiff – population 305,340. Home to the Welsh National Opera, the National Museum Wales, the Millennium Center and the Millennium Stadium. And naturally, a busy annual program of festivals and events.
Highest Point: Mount Snowdon. At 3,560ft, it’s the highest point in England and Wales. Legend has it that King Arthur fought a duel with an ogre on the mountainside.
Coastline: 750 miles. During the summer months, you can spot seals and dolphins off most of the West Wales coast. Take a boat trip, or watch from the cliff-top hiking trails.
Wales is part of Britain, but it looks different and it feels different. It has its own language, a Celtic history that stretches back to pre-Roman times, and lots of castles to visit. Over 600 at the last count. Then there’s the Welsh National Opera (one of the world’s premier Opera Companies), the largest single-span glasshouse in the world (at the National Botanic Garden of Wales), and a cool flag with a red dragon on it.
Wales is mostly green and very beautiful. It has three National Parks and five Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty, all part of a landscape that offers opportunities for all kinds of activities. Walking, cycling, climbing, golf, mountain biking and paragliding are just the beginning of the list.
Terminal Maps at Popular Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL terminal map
- Chicago O'Hare ORD terminal map
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW terminal map
- Los Angeles LAX terminal map
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS terminal map
- Denver DEN terminal map
- Houston Intercontinental IAH terminal map
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX terminal map
- Philadelphia PHL terminal map
- Charlotte Douglas CLT terminal map
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW terminal map
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP terminal map
- Newark Liberty EWR terminal map
- Washington Dulles IAD terminal map
- Boston Logan BOS terminal map
- Salt Lake City SLC terminal map
- La Guardia LGA terminal map
- New York Kennedy JFK terminal map
- Memphis MEM terminal map
- Miami MIA terminal map
- San Francisco SFO terminal map
- Orlando MCO terminal map
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG terminal map
- Seattle Tacoma SEA terminal map
- Honolulu HNL terminal map
- Baltimore Washington BWI terminal map
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC terminal map
- Chicago Midway MDW terminal map
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL terminal map
- Lambert St Louis STL terminal map
- Reagan National DCA terminal map
- Portland PDX terminal map
- Tampa TPA terminal map
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE terminal map
- Raleigh-Durham RDU terminal map
- Houston Hobby HOU terminal map
- Pittsburgh PIT terminal map
- San Diego SAN terminal map
- San Antonio SAT terminal map
- Nashville BNA terminal map