Chengdu Shuangliu International (CTU) Airport
CTU AIRPORT & FLIGHT STATUS
Chengdu Shuangliu International CTU Airport Overview
Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport CTU is Chengdu Province's major airport, the busiest airport in Western China, and the fifth busiests nationwide.
Domestic & International tourists flock to the spectacular scenery of Sichuan, which includes UNESCO-dedicated World Natural and Cultural Heritage sites. The Airport's catchment area includes an astounding 500 million people! As of February 2012 Chengdu Airport is considered an international-level aviation hub - ranking on the same level with Beijing, Shanghai & Guangzhou airports.
The Airport is located 16 km southwest of downtown Chengdu, situated in the central part of Shuanxi Plain, north of Shuangliu County, Province of Sichuan, China, and is accessible to downtown Chengdu by an expressway.
With two long runways (a third under construction) and 31.6 million passengers in 2012 (in 2004 it had only 10 million), Chengdu Airport is a hub for Air China, Sichuan & Chengdu airlines, and hosts a large number of domestic and international airlines.
The new on-Airport Chengdu Airport Express Hotel - a 4-star hotel - (tel. 0086-28-85208899; fax 008-28-85205560) is east of Terminal 2 with 210 rooms, as well as meeting rooms, business center and adjacent parking spaces.
The terminal complex at Chengdu International Airport consists of two passenger terminals -T1 & T2.
A shuttle bus connects both terminals:
1. Inside the Separation Area it stops at Concourse C of T1 and at Concourse CD of T2 (for nearby boarding gates of Concourses D through G.
2. Outside the Separation Area it stops at the south side of T1 and outside of T2's Departure Hall.
Terminal 1 of Chengdu Airport is divided into a Domestic & an International Wing and has Concourses A, B & C on two levels: At level 1 gates A1-A11; at level 3 gates A1-A11 are to the left, gate B1-B11 are in the center, and gates C1-12 & gates C16-20 are to the right, with a connection there to Terminal 2
(a) Airlines at International Hall of T1: Air Asia X; Air China, Air Macau; ANA; Asiana; China; Dragon Air; EVA Airways, KLM; Silk Air, Thai Airways, & Sichuan airlines.
(b) Airlines at Domestic Hall of T1: Sichuan Airlines (check-in counters 50-72).
Terminal 2 of Chengdu Airport - officially opened August 2012, and twice the size of T1 - has Concourses D, E, F & G on two levels: Level 2 has concourses with gates 134-136 (with connection there to Terminal 1); gates 149-151 & gates 164-166. This terminal is intended for all domestic airlines, except Sichuan Airlines.
(a) Airlines at Domestic Hall of T2: Air China*, Beijing Capital, Chengdu, China Eastern, China Express, China Southern, China United, Hainan, Hebei, Juneyao, Kunming, Lucky, Okay, Shandong*, Shanghai, Shenzhen*, Spring, Tianjin, Tibetan*, West Air. & Xiamen.
NOTE: Airlines marked with * (asteriks) have check-in counters P through U and self-check-in service East of P through U. All other airlines use Check-in counters H through N and self-check-in service East of H through N.
Amenities & Services inside the passenger terminals: the information Hot Line is 0086-28-8520 5555 /5333 or e-mail the General Airport Manager at cdairport.com/front_en/zjlxx.jsp.
The Airport Ticket Center can be reached at 028-852 56360 and the International Counter at 028 852 19779.
Duty-free shops in International Departure Hall can be contacted at 028 852 05565.
Other services and amenities include an Information Center, baggage trolleys, ATM cash machines & banking counters, phone chargers, vending machines, luggage wrapping and storage, lost & found, busines services, medical station, food & drink establishments and a First-Class and a VIP Lounge,
Presently 3,000 tablet computers are available during passenger's stay at the Airport - rental fee is low, but passenger must surrender boarding pass. When boarding time approaches, passengers will be reminded to return computer & claim their boarding pass.
The ancient-Chinese style 'Airport Restaurant' (tel. 028-857 02359 or 028 852 05575) located in a three-level separate building, offers elegant dining; the first level dining hall has five private rooms and can accommodate 260 persons for dinner simultaneously. The restaurant offers Cantonese & Sichuan cuisine. Its level 2 includes KTV rooms & bars, and level3 is a traditional tea house, and offers entertainment.
'Special Passengers' - considered to be either VIPs, the elderly, disabled or children - should complete a 'Special Passenger Service Form' when purchasing a ticket, whereupon a separate counter will get them through boarding procedures. If necessary, a person will be assigned to accompany the special passenger to the plane..
Parking options at Cengdu Airport:
1. Terminal 1 parking is available in Lot 1 (the largest lot in front of Terminal 1), Lots 2 & 3 are on either side of Lot 1; Lot 2 has some parking stalls underground and more stalls at its surface. Both Lots 2 are close to the taxi pickup point.
2. Terminal 2 parking is available at Lot B (in front of the terminal); behind it is lot D, followed by Lot F (for overnight parking). Lot A, close to Terminal 2 and intended for large vehicles, is to the right of Lot B.
To get from Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport to your destination, you can rent a car, take a taxi, a shuttle bus or a train:
The Metro train station is opposite Parking Lot B, and within a short walking distance of Terminal 2.
To get to the city center, a 35-minute journey, you can take the shuttle bus running every 20 minutes from the China Southwest Airlines ticket office, starting at 5am.
1. Bus routes: Bus 300 to Chengdu North Railway Station; Bus 303 to Mishan Hotel; bus 317 to East railway station; Bus 318 to Jinsha bus station; Bus 907 to new Convention & Exhibito Center. Bus lines make multiple stops in between.
2. The existing Chengdu-Kunming railway and the upcoming Subway Line 1 (and Chengdu-Zigong railway under construction), offer - or will offer - rail connections to the city and outlaying counties.
3. Passengers on their way to Lhasa can take the T22/T23 train at Chengdu Railway Station.
Future Airport Developments: A second airport will be constructed in Baiguo Jintang, near the city of Jianyang, which is expected to be the city's primary air transit hub with 6 runways and a capacity of 80 million passengers. It will be situated 55 km from Tianfu Guangchang and connected to city center va light-rail train and highway. So far there are no news regarding the start of construction.
Chengdu Shuangliu International CTU Services
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Boston Logan BOS Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
Chengdu Shuangliu International CTU Airport Update History
- Updated CTU Airport Intro page - Apr 21, 2013
- Updated CTU Airports page - Apr 21, 2013
- Updated CTU Main Terminals page - Apr 21, 2013
- Updated CTU Parking On site page - Jan 29, 2013
- Updated CTU Direct Flights page - Jan 27, 2013
- Updated CTU Banking ATM page - Dec 17, 2012
- Updated CTU Currency Exchange page - Dec 17, 2012
- Updated CTU Lost Found page - Dec 17, 2012