OverviewPublic Transportation from Midway Airport: Most modes of transportation are located at the main entrance area of the terminal. Door-to-door service is available from :
- Continental Airport Express which departs every 15 minutes, serves most city and suburban neighborhoods
- 'Go Airport Express' serves the City & its suburbs, departing every 15 mins.
For more information contact Operations weekdays 8am-4pm, at 773-838-0787 - or go to the information counter at Lower Level Arrivals door LL3.
Both Orange Line Trains and CTA buses serve Chicago. The Orange Line departs from the station located just east of the terminal, at the Transportation Center - connected by enclosed walkway - follow signs 'CTA Trains' or 'Trains to City' & the orange line on the ground.
- CTA Orange Line trains run to downtown Chicago and the Loop (total time 25 mins);
- CTA buses serve various Chicago areas, (so does the CTA 'L' Train); CTA Bus Routes:
Route 47 - 47th - runs between Cicero/Archer and 47th/Lake Park;
Route 54B - South Cicero - runs between Ford City Mall and Cermak/Kenton;
Route 55 - Garfield - runs between the Museum of Science & Industry and Midway;
Route 55A - South Cicero - runs between Austin/65th and Midway;
Route 55N - 55th/Austin - runs between Austin/65th and Midway;
Route 62N - Archer - runs between State/Washington and Midway via State, Roosevelt, Halsted, Archer and Cicero;
Route 62H - Archer/Harlem - runs between 63rd/Archer and Midway;
Route 63 - 63rd - runs between 63rd Street/Stony Island and Midway;
Route 63W - West 63rd - runs between Archer and Midway.
PACE buses (blue) have fixed routes within 6-county areas. (visit: http://pacebus.com/sub/bus_system/default.asp)
Regional Buses serve the Airport with service to the States of Illinois, Indiana, Iowa & Wisconsin. Contact the individual providers directly:
Coach USA/Tri State tel. 800-248-8747, serves Crestwood, Highland, Portage, Michigan City.;
Coach USA/United Limo tel. 800-248-8747, serves South Bend & Notre Dame in Indiana.
Coach USA/ Van Galder tel. 800-747-0994, serves Rockford Clock Tower, IL; Rockford Terminal, IL; South Beloit, WI.
River Valley Metro, tel. 815-9347-4287, serves daily Kankakee County & 1-57 corridor in Eastern Illinois with free parking & non-stop shuttle service between idway & Maneno.
Express Air Coach to West Lafayette tel. 765-743-3120;
Peoria Charter tel. 800-448-0572.
Midway Airport-to-OHare Airport Transfers:
- Coach USA Tri State/United Limo (tel. 1-800-248-8747) departs hourly - allow for a 1-hour transfer time.
- The Omega Airport Shuttle (tel. 773-734-6688 or visit omegashuttle.com) runs hourly until late evening & takes about an hour. Location: lower level Arrivals, door 3, outside of SW Airlines baggage claim.
- Act II Transportation offers shuttle van service between Iowa and both Midway & Ohare Airports via I-80. (Reservations only - tel. 800-769-8891 or 309-799-8891.
- The cheapest transfer: Take the CTA Orange Line and transfer downtown Chicago at Clark /Lake Station to O'Hare Airport and transfer to Blue Line; gettting off at O'Hare Station - this is the most economical way to transfer. Allow for a 2-hour transfer time. For more information go to the DTA website.