OverviewTransportation at O'Hare Airport: Aside from renting a car, taking a taxi or limo, you have the option of taking the subway, bus or train. Note that Ventra payment cards for both CTA and Pace transport systems are are being introduced and Ventra Vending ticket machines installed - the switch should be completed by late fall 2013. (For more information visit: VentraChicago.com or call 877-NOW-VENTRA).
1. Trains: (a) Subway trains from CTA ‘L’ Blue Line depart underground of Terminal 5 leading to Chicago's Loop.
(b) the CTA Orange Line links directly into Chicago's Loop with connections to all other lines in the loop It also serves Midway Airport (see below)..
(c) Metra North Central commuter trains stop at the O’Hare Transfer station, located next to Parking Lot F (at NE side of the Airport), which connects to the Airport Transit System by a shuttle bus.
(d) Other regional train and bus information may be obtained by going to the website for the Chicago Area Regional Transportation Authority.
2. Buses: The Bus/Shuttle Center is on the ground level (Level 1 near elevator center 3) of the elevated parking garage. This center is the central pick-up facility for regional and hotel courtesy buses, airport rental car agencies and parking shuttles. It is easily accessible by pedestrian tunnels from Terminals 1, 2, and 3. Some regional buses also pick up at Terminal 5. Pace bus picks up at the "Kiss and Fly" area.
(a) Local Pace Buses depart the Airport to different city locations (open: pacebus.com/sub/schedules/bus_n_fly.asp )
(b) Regional buses offer routes between the Airport and certain Indiana, Iowa & Wisconsin areas (details are available at flychicago.com/OHare/EN/GettingToFrom/Regional_Buses/Pages/Regional-Buses.aspx.
3. Proposed O'Hare Airport Express Rail Service: CDA & the O'Hare Express Blue Ribbon Committee point to their new website for the (ordexpressrail.com).
O'Hare Airport-to-Midway Airport Transfer:
1. The CTA bus (visit the CTA website) - the most economical (but taking up to 2 hours), takes you directly to Midway Airport, with only one transfer. Pickup is on the Main Parking Garage's lowest level - adamacent to elevator center 4 and accessible via pedestrian tunnels in Terminals 1, 2 & 3. The orange line at Clark and Lake Station downtown will take you to Midway Airport.
2. Coach USA, Tri State/United Limo (tel. 1-80-248-8747) departs hourly at Level 1 of the Main Garage, at the the Bus Shuttle Center and will take abot an hour for transfer.
|Service Name:||ACT II TRANSPORTATION|
|Service Area:||Goes to Quad Cities - Offers service between Davenport, Iowa and both Midway and O'Hare Airports via Interstate 80.|
|Contact Information:||1-800-769-8891 or 1-309-799-8891|
|Service Name:||COACH USA/ VAN GALDER|
|Service Area:||Rockford, Illinois, Janesville, Wi., Madison, Wi., South Beloit, Wi.|
|Service Name:||COACH USA/TRI-STATE/UNITED LIMO|
|Service Area:||Crestwood, Highland, Gary, Merrillville, Portage, Michigan City, South Bend, Notre Dame, Mishawaki|
|Service Name:||COACH/USA/ WISCONSIN COACH LINES|
|Service Area:||From various points in Wisconsin to O'Hare and Midway.|
|Service Name:||EXPRESS AIR COACH|
|Service Area:||W. Lafayette, Indiana and Chicago O'Hare Airport; to and from the Quad Cities IA/IL to O'Hare Airport|
|Contact Information:||1-765-743-3120, 1-888-306-7772|
|Service Name:||LEX LINCOLLAND EXPRESS|
|Service Area:||O'Hare International Airport, Kankakee, Rantoul, U of Illini Union, LEX-Hub Champaign, Mattoon-Charleston, Decatur, Springfield|
|Service Name:||PACE BUS|
|Service Area:||from O’Hare’s Remote Lot E (Kiss 'n' Fly)|
|Contact Information:||1-312-836-7000 or 1-312-836-4949 (TTY)|