OverviewTransportation at O'Hare Airport: Aside from renting a car, taking a taxi or limo, you have the option of taking the subway, a bus or train. Note that Ventra payment cards for both CTA and Pace transport systems are now available at Ventra Vending ticket machines. (For more information visit: VentraChicago.com or call 877-NOW-VENTRA).
1. By Train: For CTA transportation open: http://www.transitchicago.com/blueline/#timetable
CTA ‘L’ Blue Line (Aiprort to Forest Park) depart underground of Terminal 5 leading to Chicago's Loop.
Metra North Central commuter trains stop at the O’Hare Transfer station, located next to Parking Lot F (at NE side of the Airport), which connects to the Airport Transit System by a shuttle bus.
(Proposed O'Hare Airport Express Rail Service: CDA & the O'Hare Express Blue Ribbon Committee point to their new website for the (ordexpressrail.com).
2. By Bus: The Bus & Shuttle Center is on the ground level (Level 1 near elevator center 3) of the parking garage. It is the central pick-up facility for regional and hotel courtesy buses, airport rental car agencies and parking shuttles. It is easily accessible by pedestrian tunnels from Terminals 1, 2, and 3. Some regional buses also pick up at Terminal 5.
Local Pace Buses depart the Airport to different city locations (open: pacebus.com/sub/schedules/bus_n_fly.asp )
Regional buses offer routes between the Airport and certain Indiana, Iowa & Wisconsin areas (details are available at flychicago.com/OHare/EN/GettingToFrom/Regional_Buses/Pages/Regional-Buses.aspx.
Transfer: O'Hare Airport to Midway Airport
1. You can take CTA Blue Line to Chicago's Loop L, and from there take the Orange line to Midway.
2. CTA bus (visit the CTA website) - the most economical (but taking up to 2 hours), takes you directly to Midway Airport, with only one transfer. Pickup is on the Main Parking Garage's lowest level - adjacent to elevator center 4 and accessible via pedestrian tunnels in Terminals 1, 2 & 3. The orange line at Clark and Lake Station downtown will take you to Midway Airport.
3. Coach USA, Tri State/United Limo (tel. 1-80-248-8747) departs hourly at Level 1 of the Main Garage, at the the Bus Shuttle Center and will take about an hour for transfer.
Other regional train and bus information may be obtained by going to the website for the Chicago Area Regional Transportation Authority.
|Service Name:||ACT II TRANSPORTATION|
|Service Area:||Goes to Quad Cities - Offers service between Davenport, Iowa and both Midway and O'Hare Airports via Interstate 80.|
|Contact Information:||1-800-769-8891 or 1-309-799-8891|
|Service Name:||COACH USA/ VAN GALDER|
|Service Area:||Rockford, Illinois, Janesville, Wi., Madison, Wi., South Beloit, Wi.|
|Service Name:||COACH USA/TRI-STATE/UNITED LIMO|
|Service Area:||Crestwood, Highland, Gary, Merrillville, Portage, Michigan City, South Bend, Notre Dame, Mishawaki|
|Service Name:||COACH/USA/ WISCONSIN COACH LINES|
|Service Area:||From various points in Wisconsin to O'Hare and Midway.|
|Service Name:||EXPRESS AIR COACH|
|Service Area:||W. Lafayette, Indiana and Chicago O'Hare Airport; to and from the Quad Cities IA/IL to O'Hare Airport|
|Contact Information:||1-765-743-3120, 1-888-306-7772|
|Service Name:||LEX LINCOLLAND EXPRESS|
|Service Area:||O'Hare International Airport, Kankakee, Rantoul, U of Illini Union, LEX-Hub Champaign, Mattoon-Charleston, Decatur, Springfield|
|Service Name:||PACE BUS|
|Service Area:||from O’Hare’s Remote Lot E (Kiss 'n' Fly)|
|Contact Information:||1-312-836-7000 or 1-312-836-4949 (TTY)|