The Airport is located 13 km from the capital city center of Chisinau.
With a long runway and 2.7 million passengers in 2016, Chisinau Airport is served by domestic airlines Air Moldova, Moldavian Airlines, Vichi, and by a number of international airlines offering direct and connecting flight to all points of the globe. Seasonal charters to popular vacation destinations also serve the Aiport.
- By October 2016, Chisinau Airport was served by 15 airlines to 37 countries & 38 destinations.
- Wizz airlines opens its base at Chisinau Airport in March 2017.
- Foreign citizens may apply online for a Visa to enter The Republic of Moldova. To get an e-Visa open: www.visa.md
- Transfer passengers should go to the Transit Desk in the Arrivals Hall; follow directional signs to Transit Passage; go thorugh security check, pass departure hall, check gate number & time and arrive at boarding gate forr your next flight departure.
The VIP lounge (tel. +373 22 52 4174) on level 2 offers extensive services ; VIP Car services are also available by contacting the VIP lounge 4 hrs prior to flight .
UPDATE: By October 2016, the passenger terminal had been expanded and reconstructed, while all systems & networks received modern technology (adhering to international standards). This resulted in better check-in process and passenger control, as security became faster and more efficient:
- Terminal capacity has nearly doubled - enabling it to process 750 passengers per hour.
- Installation of air-conditioning systems and modern lighting was completed.
- The check-in area was extended by 1,200 sq.meters, holding 18 check-in counters. 6 passport control stations are manned by 12 border police personell.
- A new baggage handling system is now in place.
- The Departure area added about 900 sq.meters - giving its departure hall a great appearance - complete with a vertical garden.
- Airline gates and security checkpoints were increased.
Present and future Airport developments: While terminal upgrades have now been completed, The 500,000 sq.meter Airfield, runway, apron & taxiway development are currently ongoing.