Chisinau Airport KIV (formerly known as ‘Kisinev’), serves the Republic of Moldova (a small country wedged between Romania and Ukraine, in Eastern Europe).
The Airport is located 13 km from the capital city center of Chisinau.
With a long runway and 2.7 million passengers in 2016, Chisinau Airport is served by domestic airlines Air Moldova, Moldavian Airlines, Vichi, and by a number of international airlines offering direct and connecting flight to all points of the globe. Seasonal charters to popular vacation destinations also serve the Aiport.
- By October 2016, Chisinau Airport was served by 15 airlines to 37 countries & 38 destinations.
- Wizz airlines opens its base at Chisinau Airport in March 2017.
The on-Airport Hotel (tel. +373 22 525408) is in the ‘green area’, a five-minute walk from the passenger terminal. It has a conference room seating up to 30 persons.
- Foreign citizens may apply online for a Visa to enter The Republic of Moldova. To get an e-Visa open: www.visa.md
- Transfer passengers should go to the Transit Desk in the Arrivals Hall; follow directional signs to Transit Passage; go thorugh security check, pass departure hall, check gate number & time and arrive at boarding gate forr your next flight departure.
The two-level passenger terminal at Chisinau Airport offers an array of services: currency exchange, VIP lounge, Business Lounge, official delegation hall, rental car counter, a bistro on both levels, duty-free shop, childrens' playround and newsstand with news in several languages. The Customer & Call Center can be reached at +373 22 525 939. The Official Delegation hall can be contacted at +373 22 525134. Banking facilities on Level 1: Agroindbank, EuroCredit Bank (open 24/7), Eximbank, Moldindcombank and Banca de Econmii (all convertible currency and bank cards are accepted).
The VIP lounge (tel. +373 22 52 4174) on level 2 offers extensive services ; VIP Car services are also available by contacting the VIP lounge 4 hrs prior to flight .
UPDATE: By October 2016, the passenger terminal had been expanded and reconstructed, while all systems & networks received modern technology (adhering to international standards). This resulted in better check-in process and passenger control, as security became faster and more efficient:
- Terminal capacity has nearly doubled - enabling it to process 750 passengers per hour.
- Installation of air-conditioning systems and modern lighting was completed.
- The check-in area was extended by 1,200 sq.meters, holding 18 check-in counters. 6 passport control stations are manned by 12 border police personell.
- A new baggage handling system is now in place.
- The Departure area added about 900 sq.meters - giving its departure hall a great appearance - complete with a vertical garden.
- Airline gates and security checkpoints were increased.
Present and future Airport developments: While terminal upgrades have now been completed, The 500,000 sq.meter Airfield, runway, apron & taxiway development are currently ongoing.