Wroclaw Copernicus (WRO) Airport
Wroclaw Copernicus WRO Airport Overview
Wroclaw Copernicus Airport WRO serves the city of Wroclaw and parts of Lower Silesia, southwest Poland.
The Airport is located 10 km or 6.2 miles southwest of of Wroclaw, and is accessible from motorway A4 and from a network of other highways surrounding the city.
With one long runway an estimated 1.9 million passengers in 2012, Wroclaw Airport is hub to Wizz Air & Ryanair and is served by a number of European airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe. Seasonal charters fly to popular vacation destinations.
Wroclaw Copernicus Airport has a new passenger teminal - opened March 2012, located at Graniczna Street 190 (the old terminal has been closed). A new carpark is in front of the new terminal. Bus Route 406 has now been extended to the new terminal.
The new passenger terminal - recognized by its wavy roof - spans over two soccer fields and has 16 aircraft parking stands. It has a capacity of 3 million passengers per annum, is spacious and has air-conditioned arrivals and departures halls, 8 security checkpponts, 22 check-in counters, a modern baggage handling system, 12 airline gates - 6 of which with boarding bridges; and a commercial area of 4,000 square meters.
Level 0 is for Arrivals & Departures, with baggage claim, Information countrs, rental car counters, and VIP lounges. It has to the right travel agents counters, ticket counters, customs, 'Coffee Heaven' and in the back a check-in desk for the disabled, regular check-in desks & oversized baggage check-in desk , a first aid station and elevators to levels 1 & 2.
Level 1houses the Executive Lounge and the Flying Bisto to the left, a conference room in the center, and duty-free and other shops to the right, with access tothe Departures hall and gates 1 - 11.
Level 2 offers a well-equipped room for parents with young children, wi a Pub & Restaurant Legendario in the center and an observation deck.
Parking options at Copernicus Airport Wroclaw include about 1,100 parking spaces in the carpark in front of the new passenger terminal. For more parking information, call +48 71 358 12 44.
Rental cars counters at Wroclaw Airport are located in the International Arrivals Hall
To get from Copernicus Airport Wroclaw to your destination, you can rent a car from seven available rental car agencies inside the passenger terminal, take a taxi or a bus: Taxis - Taxi Blues (+48 71) 9661, Lux Radio Taxi (+48 71) 9623, Taxi Maj (+48 71) 9585, or Super Taxi (+48 71) 196 63.
Buses: Bus 406 to the Wroclaw Central Railway/Coach Station runs every 20-30 minutes weekdays and every 40 minutes Sunday/Holidays. Twice during night time, Bus 249 makes a run between the Airport and Jarnoltow.
The Dekatlon company offers transfers for charter flights passengers to Wroclaw Airport from Jelenia Gora, Legnicya, Walbrzych & Swidnica.
Wroclaw Copernicus WRO Services
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Boston Logan BOS Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
Wroclaw Copernicus WRO Airport Update History
- Updated WRO Airports page - Mar 19, 2013
- Updated WRO Food & Stores page - Mar 19, 2013
- Updated WRO Airport Intro page - Mar 17, 2013
- Updated WRO Direct Flights page - Jan 18, 2013