Cordoba Pajas Blancas International (COR) Airport
COR AIRPORT & FLIGHT STATUS
Cordoba Pajas Blancas International COR Airport Overview
Cordoba Pajas Ing. A. Taravella Airport COR, officially named 'Aeropuerto Ing. Aeronautico Ambrosio Taravella', but internationally referred to as 'Pajas Blancas' or 'Cordoba Airport', is Argentina's second-largest international airport, serving central Argentina, and is managed by 'Aeropuertos Argentina 2000'.
The Airport is located 11 km northwest of downtown Cordoba, the provincial capital, and is accessible via motorways A5 or D4.
With two runways and an estimated 1.5 million passengers in 2012, Cordoba Pajas Blancas Airport is served mainly by South & Central American airlines & charters, as well as by Spain's Iberia Airline, offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
NOTE: At present, the Airport charges passengers of Australia, Canada & the U.S a so-called 'Reciprocity Fee' (which their citizens would have to pay if entering these countries).
International Arrivals need to have a valid passport (including babies & children) and spouses need to show marriage certificate or birth certifiate of their children traveling with them. If children travel only with one of their parents or are unaccompanied, they need to submit an authorization properly certified by the Court or a Notary Public.
The Meeting Point /Information Desk is located in Terminal A, to the right, near the entrance, manned by trained staff with multiple languages. It is open 24/7 (tel. 5480-2790 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cordoba Pajas Blancas now has two passenger terminals - TA & TB - each with their own parking facility.
On arrival at the new three-level passenger terminal, you will find that English is generally understood and immigration and customs are efficient and friendly. The spacious terminal can accommodate up to 2.4 million passengers. For passenger informaton call +54 (11) 5480 6111.
In general security checkpoints are quick, unless you carry something suspiciously pointing to drug smuggling, which has to undergo chemical analysis, by which time you may have missed your flight. Internet access is available, however shopping is limited.
At present, most airlines use the C sector, while flights to Lima, Rio de Janeiro & Porto Alegre presently operate from the I sector.
Amenities and services inside the terminal include food & drink and retail concessions, duty-free shop, free Wi-Fi access, and the VIP Club (tel. 54+11 4852-6469 /6482 or contact email@example.com.
Parking options at Cordoba Pajas Blancas include a the multi-level parking garage and an outdoor the parking lot.
To get from Pajas Blancas Airport to your destination, you can rent a car (Hertz & Avis), take a taxi, a 'Remis' limo (Global Remises, tel. 0351-4753083), or a bus: The Line A5 bus route runs from Plaza Colon - Bus Terminal -downtown - New Cordoba area - Campus. The bus stops at the parking area & cargo sector.
Future Airport Developments: A newly reconstructed terminal is to have 6 gates with 4 boarding bridges. Once completed the boarding & domestic halls will be considerably larger, and so will the baggage claim halls. No date has yet been set for completion of this project.
Av. la voz del interior 8500
Pajas Blancas, Cordoba, X5008HMH
- Website for Cordoba Pajas Blancas International: http://www.aa2000.com.ar/aeropuertos.aspx
- Phone: +54 351 475 0874
Cordoba Pajas Blancas International COR Services
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Boston Logan BOS Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
Cordoba Pajas Blancas International COR Airport Update History
- Updated COR Airports page - Mar 20, 2013
- Updated COR Direct Flights page - Mar 20, 2013
- Updated COR Airport Intro page - Mar 18, 2013
- Updated COR Lost Found page - Mar 18, 2013
- Updated COR Parking On site page - Jan 28, 2013