Dresden (DRS) Airport
Dresden DRS Airport Overview
Dresden Airport DRS, an international airport in Germany, is one of Dresden’s most popular venues for conferences, trade fairs, company presentations and parties, thanks to its spacious multifunctional terminal offering state-of-the-art technical facilities, plenty of parking, and easy access.
The Airport is located in Klotzsche, State of Saxen, and 9 km north of the city center of Dresden (a 20-minute drive), accessible via adjacent junction to the A4 Autobahn, which bypasses central Dresden on its route from Aachen to Gorlitz. The junction connects motorway A4 to A13 to Berlin and A17 to Prague. A4 will direct you by sign ‘Dresden Flughafen’ to the Airport. The passenger terminal is directly connected to the S-Bahn (subway).
With a long runway and an estimated 1.9 million passengers in 2012, Dresden Airport is home base of EADS EFW, a Lufthansa unit, and is served by many national and international airlines offering direct and non-stop flights to cities in Europe, northern Africa and the Middle East, with connections around the world. Seasonal charter flights are available to popular tourist venues.
The passenger terminal at Dresden Airport can be accessed via a skywalk or pedestrian tunnel from the multi-storey car park and from the S-Bahn station. All important areas, services and facilities are under one roof. This includes a visitor terrace, a conference center and an underground-level S-Bahn (express train).
The Arrivals level is on the ground level with baggage claim, rental car counters, Passage C, chapel, and outside of it covered parking..
The Departure level has check-in counters, duty-free shop, and airline gates 1 - 12.
The Top level offers conference & meeting spaces.
Services and amenities inside the passenger terminal: Wireless WLAN internet access is available throughout the terminal.
Self-service check-in automats are near the check-in counters. The Information desk is on the Arrivals level.
Aside from from & drink and retail concessions, there are EC cash machines, a hair salon, an entertainment arcade, mail delivery service, postal boxes, phone sercvices, and change machines for coins, notes & credit cards.
A VIP lounge for up to 20 persons is located in the General Aviation Terminal.
The Lufthansa Senator Lounge and Business Lounge are inside the airside departure lounge.
A smoking lounge is on the Departures Level, behind Cafe Vanilla.
For more lounge information call +49(0)351 881-3100.
Parking options at Dresden Airport include a multi-storey parking garage, linked to the terminal building by a glass-covered pedestrian bridge, and outdoor lots for long- and short-term parking close to the terminal access.
1. The multi-story car park offers the shortest route to the check-in desk and is available for short- and long-term parking.
2. The two small short-term parking lots in front of the terminal are intended for passenger pick-up and drop-off.
3. Outdoor parking lots 2, 3 & 4 are for long-term parking.
4. Designated disabled parking is available in the multi-storey car park.
5. The Agip Service gas station (tel.: +49 (0)351-8903186), located at Flughafenstrasse 81 (corner of Hermann-Reichelt-Strasse) is open 24/7 and has a car shop & bistro.
To get from Dresden Airport to your destination, you can rent a car, take a taxi, the subway (‘S-Bahn’) a bus or a train (ticket vending machines are in the station, at the bus stop, or at the airport information desk on the Arrivals level of the terminal):
1. The Dresden Airport railway station is right in the basement of the passenger terminal and serves line S2 of the Dresden S-Bahn, running every a half-hour to Dresden Neusadt, & the main train station in Dresden; the trips take 13 & 23 mins each. Weekdays the trains continue to the towns of Heidenau and Pirna.
2. DVB bus route 77 offers connection from the Airport to DVB tram Route 7, an alternative route to central Dresden. DVB bus route 97 connects the Airport to the district of Hellerau.
Regional bus route 425 connects the airport with the towns of Boxford and Radebeul.
3. Note that the Airport and Central Dresden are within the Dresden tariff zone; a single ticket is valid on the S-Bahn, trams and buses within that zone. Other tariff zones cover the surrounding towns as far as Meissen and the Czech border.
Klotzsche, Saxon State, D-01109
- Website for Dresden: http://www.dresden-airport.de/en/
- Email Address: http://www.dresden-airport.de/Metanavigation/contact.html?rcptid=25
- Phone: +49 351 881 3360
Dresden DRS Services
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Boston Logan BOS Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
Dresden DRS Airport Update History
- Updated DRS Airports page - Mar 12, 2013
- Updated DRS Food & Stores page - Mar 12, 2013
- Updated DRS Direct Flights page - Feb 25, 2013
- Updated DRS Airport Intro page - Feb 6, 2013
- Updated DRS Parking On site page - Jan 30, 2013