Dresden (DRS) Airport
Dresden DRS Airport Overview
DRS Airport is located in Klotzsche, State of Saxony, and 9 km north of the city center of Dresden (a 20-minute drive), accessible via adjacent junction to the A4 Autobahn, which bypasses central Dresden on its route from Aachen to Gorlitz. The junction connects motorway A4 to A13 to Berlin and A17 to Prague. A4 will direct you by sign ‘Dresden Flughafen’ to the Airport. The passenger terminal is directly connected to the S-Bahn (subway).
With a long runway and an estimated 2 million passengers a year, Dresden Airport is home base of EADS EFW, a Lufthansa unit, and is served by many national and international airlines offering direct and non-stop flights to cities in Europe, northern Africa and the Middle East, with connections around the world. Seasonal charter flights are available to popular tourist venues.
The passenger terminal at Dresden Airport can be accessed via a skywalk or pedestrian tunnel from the multi-storey car park and from the S-Bahn station. All important areas, services and facilities are under one roof. This includes a visitor terrace, a conference center and an underground-level S-Bahn (express train).
The Arrivals level is on the ground level with baggage claim, rental car counters, Information counter,Passage C, chapel, and outside of it covered parking..
The Departure level has check-in counters, duty-free shop, and airline gates 1 - 12.
The Top level offers conference & meeting spaces.
Services and amenities inside the passenger terminal: WiFi access, self-service check-in automats. Aside from from & drink and retail concessions, there are EC cash machines, a hair salon, an entertainment arcade, mail delivery service, postal boxes, phone sercvices, and change machines for coins, notes & credit cards.
A VIP lounge for up to 20 persons is located in the General Aviation Terminal.
The Lufthansa Senator Lounge and Business Lounge are inside the airside departure lounge.
A smoking lounge is on the Departures Level, behind Cafe Vanilla.
For more lounge information call +49(0)351 881-3100.
Parking options at Dresden Airport include a multi-storey parking garage, linked to the terminal building by a glass-covered pedestrian bridge, and outdoor lots for long- and short-term parking close to the terminal access. NOTE: For pickup/ dropoff use carpark PK2, where the first 15 mins are free.
1. The multi-story car park offers the shortest route to the check-in desk and is available for short- and long-term parking.
2. The two small short-term parking lots in front of the terminal are intended for passenger pick-up and drop-off.
3. Outdoor parking lots 2, 3 & 4 are for long-term parking.
4. Designated disabled parking is available in the multi-storey car park.
5. The Agip Service gas station (tel.: +49 (0)351-8903186), located at Flughafenstrasse 81 (corner of Hermann-Reichelt-Strasse) is open 24/7 and has a car shop & bistro.
Klotzsche, Saxony, D-01109
- Website for Dresden: http://www.dresden-airport.de/en/
- Contact: http://www.dresden-airport.de/Metanavigation/contact.html?rcptid=25
- Phone: +49 351 881 3360