Terminal Gate Connection
Connecting flight? Use this tool to help you get between terminals.
Walk Time: min
Shuttle Route min
Shuttle Time: min
Dubai International Airport ( DXB ) Terminal Map # Fast food, restaurants, stores, cafes, bars
The passenger terminal complex at Dubai International now consists of three passenger terminals T1, T2 & T3, connected by a 24-hr shuttle bus, while the Metro also runs between T1 & T3 - the Red Line of the Dubai Metro has rail stations in T1 & T3 - while the Green Line Metro serves Terminal 2 and the north-eastern part of the Airport.
According to its operator Dubai Airports, DXB offers currently over 270 destinations and diverse services, designed to 'delight' passengers, whether arriving, connecting or departing - including a Zen garden and family play area, spas, on-concourse hotels & world-class food & retail concessions. Unlimited free WiFi is also offered.
For information about which airlines serve which terminal - open: http://www.dubaiairports.ae/plan/airport-information/airline-directory/; where airlines are listed by terminals.
- During busy summer season you should arrive at your terminal three hours prior to scheduled flight.
- In an emergency call + 971 (0)4 216 1999 (for T1 & T2) or +971 (0)4 504 007 (for T3).
- Medical centers are in T1, below gate C13 or Fox 7; and in T3 on the ground level between Fox 22-23 (sign shows a moon sicle).
- Transfer passengers arriving at DXB and transferring to DWC need to clear immigration & collect bags at DXB first before proceeding to Al Maktoum Airport.
- High-technology 'Information Zones' feature way-finding kiosks with touch screens for terminal layout and location of amenities & services and are able to scan boarding passes and give directions to the gate.
- Bilingual 'Virtual Assistants' stationed at post-security areas extend security and brand messages - guiding passengers with information before entering security screening and immigration facilities.
- Free shower facilities for men & women are located at T1 (between gates C18-C22) and at T3 (between gates A1-A24 & B13-B19.
- Free Boingo WiFi is available for the first 60 minutes.
- Muslim prayer rooms & ablution rooms are available at all Terminals and carpark areas. (sign shows mosque).
- Baby care rooms are in all terminals (sign shows baby).
- Smoking Lounges are located at: T1, gates C9 & 23; T2 near departure area; T3 at gates A2 & 22, and B7 & 27.
- For fast track option - use e-Gates; if passport has new barcode - use Smart Gate at T3 Arrivals
- Families with children find a new facility on Concouse B's Zen Garden (between gats B7/B8
NOTE: Emirate ID Card holders may pass through automated immigration gates at DXB.:
The new Emirates ID Card is completely free of charge and requires no pre-registration. It was introduced earlier this year to make passing through immigration smart gates faster and more convenient for UAE residents. Its rollout is the result of the joint efforts of the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA), the Emirates Identity Authority and Dubai Airports.
For further assistance do not hesitate to approach one of the Information Zones, or one of the 'May I Help You' staff.
Be aware - while Wizz Air, Gulf Air & Qatar Airways use Al Maktoum Airport DWC - Gulf Air & Qatar also operate flights from Dubai International DXB - check your ticket & overhead screens.
Terminal 1 - the Sheikh Rashid Terminal - with Concourse D serves all larger international airlines - other than Emirates & Qantas (at T3). Terminal 1 has completed its major renovation & expansion work involving new baggage screening, expanding departures & arrivals halls, adding more amenities, changing arrivals forecourt and arrivals immigration hall. The New Concourse D is served by an elevated link train, which runs every 2.5 minutes to/from T1.
The Arrivals areas of T1 offer a business-class lounge with workstations and internet access. Currency exchange, a DTCM Tourist Kiosk (tel. 04 224 5252), and the Central Resevations Center for hotel reservations are both in the Arrivals Hall, which also has a lounge for unaccompanied minors & persons with disabilities to be picked up. Rental car desks are in the Arrivals hall. Checked baggage is tagged and scanned for easier retireval. The Baggage Hall offers some duty-free shopping. Present your passport or travel document with visa at one of the 40 passport control desks. E-gates are available for quicker processing.
The Departure areas of T1 houses the departure hall with e-gate registration, Etisalat payment machines, food court, and more. with 221 check-in desks at check-in areas A through E - a bilingual screen with flight information also displays airline check-in counters. Emirates First & Business-Class passengers have a separate check-in facility. 'SmartCards' facilitate passport control by using the e-gate and can be obtained at the DNRD office in T1's Departures.
The upper level of T1 offers food & drink, some shops currency exchange and prayer room.
The 'Sheikh Rashid Terminal', simply referred to as the 'Concourse', offers Dubai Duty Free, a food court, banking & internet services, childen's area, business center, medical care, special needs.
Concourse D of T1 (the Midfield Concourse) with gates D1-32 officially opened February 2016 (boosting capacity from 75M to 90M passengers annually) It offers short walking distances to boarding gates, and to a wide variety of of food and retail outlets and 9 lounges*. Of the 32 gates - 17 are contact gates, 4 are for large aircraft, and 11 are remote gates. Passengers can board directly from the waiting area, with short walks to aircraft. For tired passengers there are 'Be Relax' & 'SnoozeCubes' available. The retail & high-end restaurant space covers 90,400 sq.feet, housing 175 concessions. An elevated link train to T1runs every 2.5 minutes.
Concourse has D 21 contact stands (4 for large aircraft) and 11 remote stands.
Both Dubai Airports now offer unlimited & upgraded high-speed WiFi access.
Terminal 2 of Dubai International serves Flydubai, and regional & other low-cost carriers. It is a one-level terminal, divided into three sections: Departures is in the center, with Arrivals / Baggage Claim to the left, and Check-in to the right. A shuttle bus stop to Terminals 1 & 3 is outside Arrivals, near the security check. Terminal 2 has been continuously expanded and upgraded, and current news point to further extension, or the replacement by a new Terminal 2. Current T2 has 22 check-in counters, a huge Dubai Duty Free area, banking facilities, restaurants & a first- & business-class lounge for Asseman Airlines. New dining & retail outlets were recently added. Plans call for the addition of 48 new check-in counters, an expanded transfer area and 40 more immigration counters.
Terminal 3 of Dubai International with Concourses A & B (connected by underground train) serves exclusively Emirates & Qantas Airlines. Note that from the Check-in level of T3, after security check, you can take the elevator to gates B1-B32 and C1-C50, or the train to gates A1-A24.
The Arrivals level of T3 houses two rows of baggage carousels - one with odd numbers1 - 13 and one with even numbers 2 - 14 - in the center of which is COSTA.
The Departures level of T3 offers 6 check-in areas, and 2 check-in areas for First & Business-class passengers. It is surrounded by airline gates on both sides of the center and offers bus connections to C, D & F gates on either side, and the train in the center to Gates B, C, D & F.
Concourse A of T3 can be accessed by train after passing security. It houses gates A1-24 to the right & gates A1-A12 to the left, and the train to B, C, D & F gates in the center. It is the 'world's largest airside facility' with 11 levels, built to accommodate Airbus A380. Concourse A offers presently a wide variety of brand-name restaurants and duty-free shops - while its First-Class & Business- Class lounges have their own levels with direct access boarding gates, and offer fine dining, conference rooms, business centers, spa, separate areas for entertainment, smoking & children's play (and with First class lounge housing a duty-free shopping area).
Concourse B of T3 - with gates B1-16 to the right of the center and gates B17-32 to the left (with a connector between gates B3 & B4 to gates C1-C50) - houses at its center shops and food outlets, currency exchanges, hotel desk, prayer room and medical center; airline gates surround the concourse, and the Information desks & Flight Information counters. Concourse B has recently been expanded & renovated, and a complete family area is now available at the Zen Garden between gates B7-B8.
- Emirates completed business lounge upgrades at Concoruse B. The 2-year work added 3 separate lounge areas, with a Costa Coffee concept, health club and Champagne (Moet, Chandon) lounge. The lounge’s coffee bar will serve signature Costa beverages such as iced coffees, cappuccinos and café lattes, freshly prepared by in-house baristas. For the health conscious traveler, Emirates introduced the health hub in partnership with Voss water, supplying a healthy menu of gourmet sandwiches, wraps, and salads. A selection of healthy beverages such as juices and smoothies are also available. The champagne lounge provides first and business class passengers with a selection of four of Moet & Chandon champagnes, complemented with a unique selection of canapes including smoked salmon wrapped in nori and veal bacon gougere.
The newly refurbished lounge measures close to 10,000 sq.feet,and accommodate over1,500 passengers. It children's play area is not twice its former size. The 'Timeless Spa' was renovated, offering hair, beauty and therapy treatments.
Lounge guests can also refresh with a shower, unwind at designated quiet areas, stay up-to-date with the latest news and live sports, and can stay connected with complimentary wi-fi.
Concourse C of T3* presently houses gates C1-C50: gates C18-C1 are to the left; gates C19-C35 are to the right (with connection at C35 to gates B1-B32 of T3); north of gate C33 are gates 36-46. Information desks are on both sides of the center ad the stairs in the center lead to the Duty-free shops on the lower level. Both sides of the concourse have information counters, flight information, prayer areas and currency exchanges.'SnoozeCubes' units between gates C13 & C15 contain a full-sized bed, touch-screen TV, & high-speed WiFi, and are connected to the flight information system.
Both Dubai Airports now offer unlimited & upgraded high-speed WiFi access.
* Concourse C is now part of Terminal 3 and is the exclusive domain of Emirates and its partner Qantas. Its number of A380 contact stands at Concourse C is to be expanded so as to accommodate Emirates' superjumbos - whereby the number of A380 Code F gates at Concourse C will increase from 3 to 13, resulting in a total of 47 gates. Furthermore, Concourse C's interior is being upgraded (gate hold rooms, expansion of airline lounge space and upgrades to passenger services). The ongoing project is to be completed by yearend 2018 and is part of the 'DXB Plus' program
NOTE: The new Al Majlis facility connects to either a commercial or private flight, with 3 large and 6 small lounges. It provides for special check-in, immigration & baggage clearance, with escort to the Sheikh Rashid Terminal.
Current Lounges & Special Services at Dubai International Airport: (For Al Majlis services call +971 4216 5287; for Marhaba services call +971 4224 5780. A new SkyTeam lounge opened in April 2016 (no detailed information available).
At Terminal 1: 1. Business Lounge at Gate C8, tel. +971 4 2164060; 2. First Class Lounge; 3. Quiet Lounges at gates C23 & C9. 4. Marhaba Lounge between Gates C23 and C25 - for services call +971 4224 5780. 5. For Al Majlis service call +971 4 216 5287. 6. For Ashlan personal airport concierge services call +971 4 2164195. The new Concourse D houses 10 lounges (5 airline lounges, new Al Majlis lounge, 2 Dubai Hotel lounges and a Marhaba VIP lounge. Near gate 15 is the new Qatar luxury lounge.)
At Terminal 2: VVIP & VIP lounges are in the center of the Concourse, opposite the Food Court & next to Gate 14, with shower facilities, & private office.
At Terminal 3: 1. Emirates business class lounges are on the Departures Level, at Concourse B, near gate B22. 2. Emirates First Class Lounge at Departure level, Concourse B, near gate B22. Emirates now also has First- & Business-Class lounges in Concourse in Concourse A.