OverviewGetting from Edinburgh Airport to your destination: Edinburgh's main rail stations in the city center are Waverley & Haymarket. Note that combined train & bus tickets are available from any of Scotland's rail stations.
1. The Airlink 100 express bus (Stop D) runs every 10 mins & takes 30 mins. & stops at Waverley & Haymarket stations and takes 25-30 minutes.
2. The Lothian night bus N22 (Stop D) runs via South Gyle to city center & on to Ocean Terminal in Leith every 30 mins., taking 28 mins;
3. The Lothian Bus 35 (Stop F) runs every 15 mins Mon-Sat, every 30 mins evening & Sundays to the city center & on to Ocean Terminal (stops include RBS World Headquarters, the Scottish Parliament and the Palace of Holyroodhouse).
For more Lothian Bus information open: http:// lothianbuses.com/services/airlink?utm_source=Short-URLs&utm_medium=Short-URLs&utm_campaign=airlink
4. The Jet 747 (Fife) bus (Stop G) connects the airport with Inverkeithin rail station at Fife and stops at Ratho Station and Solut Queensferry & Ferrytoll Park & Rider. .
5. The Citylinkair bus (Stop C)offers direct service to Glasgow (Buchanan Bus station), taking an hour.
Trains: There is no railway station on-Airport grounds, but Edinburgh's main rail stations Waverly & Haymarket, can be reached by tram, bus or taxi:
To Edinburgh City Center in 25 minutes: The new Edinburgh Tram system now departs the passenger terminal at 6:15am (from Edinburgh at 6:18am) - stopping at train stations of Haymarket, Murrayfield & Edinburgh Park & Waverley train station).
Other train connections:
1. to Glasgow, Aberdeen Inverness & Scotland's stations -via First ScotRail;
2. to Manchester Airport via West Coast Main Line - via First TransPennine Express;
3. to London Kings Cross - via East Coast Main Line - via East Coast Mainline;
4. to Birmingham, Leeds & other UK destinations - via CrossCountry;
5. to Birmingham New Street via West Coast Main Line - Virgin Trains.