OverviewGetting from Edinburgh Airport to your destination: Edinburgh's main rail stations in the city center are Waverley & Haymarket. Note that combined train & bus tickets are available from any of Scotland's rail stations.
1. The Airlink 100 express bus runs every 10 mins & stops at Waverley & Haymarket stations and takes 25-30 minutes.
2. The Lothian night bus N22 runs via South Gyle to city center & on to Ocean Terminal in Leith every 30 mins., taking 28 mins; its Service 35 bus runs to city center and on to Ocean Terminal, with some stops in between, departing every 15 mins.
3. The Jet 747 (Fife) bus connects the airport with Inverkeithin rail station at Fife and stops at Ratho Station and Solut Queensferry & Ferrytoll Park & Rider. .
4. The Citylinkair bus offers direct service to Glasgow (Buchanan Bus station), taking an hour.
To Edinburgh City Center in 25 minutes: The new Edinburgh Tram system now departs the passenger terminal at 6:15am (from Edinburgh at 6:18am) - stopping at train stations of Haymarket, Murrayfield & Edinburgh Park & Waverley train station).
Other train connections:
1. to Glasgow, Aberdeen Inverness & Scotland's stations -via First ScotRail;
2. to Manchester Airport via West Coast Main Line - via First TransPennine Express;
3. to London Kings Cross - via East Coast Main Line - via East Coast Mainline;
4. to Birmingham, Leeds & other UK destinations - via CrossCountry;
5. to Birmingham New Street via West Coast Main Line - Virgin Trains.
|Service Name:||AIRLINK 100|
|Service Area:||from the airport to Waverley Bridge|
|Contact Information:||Single £3.50, return £6|
|Service Name:||JET 747 (FIFE)|
|Service Area:||This Stagecoach service connects the airport with Inverkeithing rail station, Ferrytoll Park & Ride (for connections to megabus services) and Kirkliston, stopping at Queensferry Road|
|Fare Information:||£4.85 single or £8.50 return; discounts for children and combined bus/train tickets|
|Service Name:||NIGHT BUS N22|
|Service Area:||from the airport via South Gyle to the city centre and on to Ocean Terminal in Leith|
|Fare Information:||£3 flat fare|
|Service Name:||SERVICE 35|
|Service Area:||the city centre and on to Ocean Terminal, with stops including RBS World Headquarters, the Scottish Parliament and the Palace of Holyroodhouse|
|Fare Information:||Single £1.40, day ticket £3.50|
|Service Name:||FIRST TRANSPENNINE EXPRESS|
|Service Area:||Manchester Airport via the West Coast Main Line|
|Service Area:||Birmingham, Leeds and other UK destinations|
|Service Name:||EAST COAST MAINLINE|
|Service Area:||London Kings Cross via the East Coast Main Line|
|Service Name:||FIRST SCOTRAIL|
|Service Area:||Glasgow, Aberdeen, Inverness and stations throughout Scotland|
|Service Name:||VIRGIN TRAINS|
|Service Area:||Birmingham New Street via the West Coast Main Line|