Eindhoven (EIN) Airport
Eindhoven EIN Airport Overview
Eindhoven Airport EIN is the Netherland’s second-largest facility in terms of passenger numbers. Even though it is a regional airport, it is a good choice if you want to avoid the hassels of big-airport traffic at Amsterdam-Schiphol.
The Airport is located 7.4 km west of the city of Eindhoven, off the A2 motorway connecting to the west and south of the country.
With a long runway, and nearly 3 million passengers in 2012, Endhoven Airport is served by regular and low-fare airlines offering direct flights to all points of Europe, with connections around the world. Business and private charters are also available.
1. The Airport is closed at night! However, the Terminal is open Mon-Fri 6am-10:45pm; Sat 6am-8pm; Sun 8:15am-10pm.
2. Important Check-in Information for passengers of low-cost carriers Ryanair & Transavia:
(a) Ryanair: No terminal checkin - passengers can check-in online for one of both of their flights from 15 days prior to, up to 4 hours before, scheduled flight departure. Online check-in closes 4 hours prior to flight departure. Once a passenger has checked in online, the boarding pass can be reprinted up to 40 minutes before scheduled flight departure. All non-EU & non-EEA passengers must have their online boarding pass checked and stamped at the Document/Visa Check Desk before going through airport security. Passengers who do not bring their printed boarding passes to the airport will be required to pay a Boarding Re-Issue Fee in order to receive a new boarding pass. This facility is available up to 40 minutes prior to the scheduled flight departure.
(b) Transavia: You can check in online from 24 to 3 hours prior to flight departure, select your own seat and print your own boarding card.
The passenger terminal at Eindhoven Airport consists of a ground level, divided into Departures and Arrivals areas, and a first level, which includes the business center, Customs, Airport Police, the Terrace and many other services.
Amenities and services in the passenger terminal: Food & drink and retail and duty-free concessions; internet access, computer workstations, business center, baggage lockers and carts, business card machines, photo machine, Kiddiland, medical services.
1. The Information Desk (tel. +31 (0) 40 29 19 818 also deals with Lost Luggage inquiries; for Lost & Found call +31 (0)40 29 19 818; The Business Center with a reception desk, meeting rooms, workstations can be reached at +31 (0)40-29 19 859.
2. Service desks: :
(a) Neckermann/Thomas Cook - for travel arrangement and document pickup.
(b) OAD for customers of OAD, Hotelplan & Bexreizen. Use this desk for inquiries, booking and travel documents.
(c) Arke/Holland International – for booking & document pickup.
(d) KLM for booking with KLM, Air France or its Skyteam partners, Airliner & Cityjet (tel. +31 (0) 47 47 747.
(e) Viggo Handling desk is next to the Info Desk and issues & collects tickets, you can pay there for excess baggage, etc. At flight departure times (3 hrs before to 30 mins after departure) it is also the service desk for charter and scheduled services companies - within this time frame and for these flights only - VH will deal with retrieving booking number, accept payment for excess baggage, sell tickets, change flights, and attend to changing of flights as a result of cancelation.
(f) Transavia & Wizzair airline passengers can purchase individual tickets.
Parking options at Eindhoven Airport include:
1. Short-term parking at P1 is right in front of the terminal - convenient for picking-up/dropping-off passengers, as the Kiss & Ride can be accessed from the same entrance; first 15 minutes parking is free.
2. Long-term parking at P3 is 300 meters and P4 & P5 400 meters from the terminal. P4 & P5 offer economy fees.
3. Disabled parking is available in P1 at P4 rates – call +31 (0)40 291 98 18.
Debit/credit cards are accepted at P1, P3, P4 & P5.
To get from Eindhoven Airport to your destination, you can rent a car (Hertz, Avis, Europcar, Sixt), take a taxi, a bus or a train:
1. Bus 103 to Veldhoven runs Mon-Sat every 30 mins, evenings & sundays every hour.
2. Bus 401 connects with Eindhoven's city center and its main railway station weekdays every 10 mins; Sat/Sun every 15-30 mins.
3. Bus 145 runs every half hours on weekdays and every hour evenings & Sundays from Best railway station to the Airport and onward to Einhoven railway station via the northern district of Woensel.
3. AirExpressBus (tel. +31 (0)402 558090) offers shuttle service to Den Bosch, Utrecht & Amsterdam. It also offers direct service to Amsterdam's Central Station, taking 1.5 hrs.
4. Airportbus.eu offers service to Belgium.
5. For current train schedus and other information visit 929ov or call +31 (0)900 92 92.
Eindhoven EIN Airport Update History
- EIN Airports - Oct 28, 2013
- EIN Airlines Served - Jun 24, 2013