Eindhoven Airport EIN
is the Netherland’s second-largest Airport in terms of passenger numbers and offers an alternative to busy Amsterdam-Schiphol.
EIN Airport is located 7.4 km west of the city of Eindhoven, in the region of Southeast-Brabant, accessible from the A2 motorway connecting to the west and south of the country.
With a long runway, and over 4M passengers a year, Endhoven Airport is served by regular and low-fare airlines offering direct flights to all points of Europe, with connections around the world. Business and private charters are also available.
- The Airport is closed at night!
However, the Terminal is open Mon-Sun 4:30am to midnight.
- The Airport telephone number within The Netherlands is 0900 9505.
The on-Airport Tulip Inn
has 120 rooms .
The passenger terminal at Eindhoven Airport
completed its reconstruction
in 2013 - increasing its capacity to handle 5M passengers a year. The new front zone houses extra concessions; the expanded Arrivals hall has more office space; and adjustments & expansions were made to baggage system, gates, check-in desks & security lanes.
The terminal consists of a ground level, divided into Departures and Arrivals areas, and a first level, which includes the business center, Customs, Airport Police, the Terrace and many other services.
SkySpeed is the Airport's first-class departure service, which includes a VIP lounge, quick baggage handling, private boarding.
NOTE that Transavia & Ryanair passengers may now use the new self-service baggage drop units. Ground staff is at hand for assisance and there is also an area where passengers are prepared by video & signage prior to using these units.
Amenities and services in the passenger terminal:
Food & drink and retail and duty-free concessions; internet access, computer workstations, business center, baggage lockers and carts, business card machines, photo machine, Kiddiland, medical services.
- The Information Desk (call 0900 9505 or +35 227 000 767)
also deals with Lost Luggage inquiries; for Lost & Found call +31 (0)40 29 19 818; The Business Center can be reached at +31 (0)40-29 19 859.
- The Service Desks:
- Neckermann/Thomas Cook (tel. +31 (0)40 235 0180) - for travel arrangement and document pickup.
- Arke/Holland International – opens 2 hrs prior to flight departure - for booking & document pickup.
- Viggo Handling desk is next to the Info Desk and issues & collects tickets, you can pay there for excess baggage, etc. At flight departure times (3 hrs before, to 30 mins after, departures) it is also the service desk for charter and scheduled services companies - within this time frame and for these flights only - VH will deal with retrieving booking number, accept payment for excess baggage, sell tickets, change flights, and attend to changing of flights as a result of cancelation.
Present and future Airport developments:
Under the new 'Always Easy' logo Eindhoven Airport is embarking on improving infrastructure, employee training & its website
- Ongoing work on a new baggage hall
on the ground level (to the right of the terminal) is to be completed by mid-2017
, with a 5,000 sq.meter extension - half of which to be used for new baggage system. Once completed, the current baggage hall area will become a pre-security area for operational and commercial purposes.
- A new multi-function bulding
is to be built on the current parking lot, housing public transportation, parking spaces, a McDonalds, and a promenade connecting parking facilities P3, P4 & P5 with the area in front of the terminal. No start & completion dates have yet been announced.