Welcome to our corner of Texas!. There is plenty to see and do in the Rio Grande Valley at the base of the Rocky Mountains. Experience walking tours of Downtown to get a taste of our history that spans 400 years. Go shopping, attend outdoor concerts at the Chamizal National Memorial, visit museums of every kind, stop by the Zoo, or take a nature hike through our four Texas State Parks. Come be a part of El Paso’s music and dance festivals, sports events, arts and culture. Our close neighbors in Cuidad Juarez, Mexico, and New Mexico also welcome and extend their hospitality.
Top Recommended Layover Activities:
1. El Paso Museum of History
Established in 1974, this museum contains life-size exhibits depicting El Paso's history.
2. El Paso Museum of Art
Established in 1947, this museum houses permanent exhibits with more than 5,000 pieces of art, including works by European artists Bellotto, Canaletto and Artemisia Gentileschi, as well an extensive collection of contemporary works by artists from the southwestern United States and Mexico.
3. Fort Bliss - U.S. Army Air Defense Museum
Fort Bliss General Information Number
915-568-2121, Fort Bliss, Texas 79916
4. El Paso-Juarez Trolley
"Border Jumper" trolley to Ciudad Juarez, Mexico, leaves hourly. Group tours can be arranged.
Top Weekend Getaways And Day Trip Excursions:
1. Hueco Tanks State Historic Site
Spanning more than 860 acres, this park is named for the large rock basins or "huecos" that have supplied water to this desert-like region for many centuries.
2. Franklin Mountains State Park
America's largest urban park measures more than 24,247 acres, covering 37 square miles.
3. Painted Dunes Golf Course
Tee-off among sand dunes and desert shrubs: an unusual but beautiful course built right into the Western Texas desert landscape.
4. University of Texas at El Paso
Named in 1967, this educational site was formerly the State School of Mines and Metallurgy in 1914 and in 1949 it became Texas Western College.
5. Wilderness Park Museum
Located in a seventeen-acre area, this site features exhibits depicting the history of the El Paso people and how they lived.
Terminal Maps at Popular Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL terminal map
- Chicago O'Hare ORD terminal map
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW terminal map
- Los Angeles LAX terminal map
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS terminal map
- Denver DEN terminal map
- Houston Intercontinental IAH terminal map
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX terminal map
- Philadelphia PHL terminal map
- Charlotte Douglas CLT terminal map
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW terminal map
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP terminal map
- Newark Liberty EWR terminal map
- Washington Dulles IAD terminal map
- Boston Logan BOS terminal map
- Salt Lake City SLC terminal map
- La Guardia LGA terminal map
- New York Kennedy JFK terminal map
- Memphis MEM terminal map
- Miami MIA terminal map
- San Francisco SFO terminal map
- Orlando MCO terminal map
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG terminal map
- Seattle Tacoma SEA terminal map
- Honolulu HNL terminal map
- Baltimore Washington BWI terminal map
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC terminal map
- Chicago Midway MDW terminal map
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL terminal map
- Lambert St Louis STL terminal map
- Washington Reagan National DCA terminal map
- Portland PDX terminal map
- Tampa TPA terminal map
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE terminal map
- Raleigh-Durham RDU terminal map
- Houston Hobby HOU terminal map
- Pittsburgh PIT terminal map
- San Diego SAN terminal map
- San Antonio SAT terminal map
- Nashville BNA terminal map