Fairbanks FAI Airport Overview
Fairbanks International Airport FAI - located in Central Alaska's west Coast area - is known as the gateway to Alaska's Interior and Denali National Park. The Airport is also the commercial hub for - and primary provider of goods and services to northern Alaska – a vast, sparsely settled roadless region more than twice the size of California, reliably accessible only by air.
FAI Airport is open daily, 24/7. Check-in counters & Security screening are open between 4am-5am and is closed between 11:30pm-2:30am (Alaska Standard Time).
With 900,500 passengers and a long runway, Alaska Airlines offers year-round daily direct flights to locations in Alaska and the Lower 48, while several regional airlines provide service to Anchorage and interior rural communities. The Airport is also making efforts to establish flights to the Asian continent. JAL and Condor are international airlines serving the Airport at present.
The passenger terminal at Fairbanks International Airport has recently been renovated enabling regional, domestic and international air carriers to be in the same building. The small terminal has an astounding capacity for U.S. Customs and Immigration processing, and of wide-body international passenger aircraft arrival.
Services and amenities include on level 1 an ATM machine, gate lounge, a military lounge, rental car counters and international processing; and on level 2 at gate lounge and gates 1-6, public amenities, food & drink and international passenger screening.
Fairbanks FAI Airport Update History
- FAI Airports - Oct 24, 2013
- FAI Airport Intro - Oct 15, 2013
- FAI Buses & Trains - Oct 15, 2013
- FAI Security - Sep 14, 2013
- FAI Pets - Sep 14, 2013
- FAI Persons With Disabilities - Sep 14, 2013
- FAI Official Website Links - Sep 14, 2013
- FAI Lost Found - Sep 14, 2013
- FAI Guest Services - Sep 14, 2013
- FAI Emergency - Sep 14, 2013
- FAI Banking ATM - Sep 14, 2013
- FAI Parking On site - Aug 11, 2013
- FAI Airlines Served - Jun 24, 2013