Guest Services at Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
Information Booths and Airport Ambassadors are located in each terminal to assist travelers with questions or way-finding.
The FLight Deck customer lounge in Terminal 3 next to the Concourse E security checkpoint is available for all passengers. It features comfortable seating, flight information displays and free wireless internet. Food, beverages and news and gift concessions are availabe during cruise season (November-May). Open Fri-Mo, 9am-3pm.
Public Baggage Storage (tel. 954-359-5505 is available in all Terminals; however, service hours vary by location and season. Terminal 2 is open daily 9am-5:30pm.
Passengers connecting to or coming from Port Everglades Cruise Ships:
(a) Southwest Airlines passengers, who will be embarking on a cruise, may arrange in advance for seaport check-in for the return flight. Please contact Bags-to-Go Enterprises, LLC at (954) 359-5505.
(b) Some airlines have arrangements with baggage companies to process your bags directly from your cabin to your airplane taking you home.
Also, some airlines may not check your bags earlier than 2 to3 hours prior to your scheduled flight departure (check with your airline); therefore, it is wise not to arrive at the Airport too early. Take advantage of shore excursions offered by your curise line.
Lost & Found
2. If you lost an inside the airport (including security checkpoints & shuttles), go to the Lost & Found office, or call 954-359-2247. The office is open Mon-Fri 8am-12pm & 1-5pm, located at Terminal 1's lower baggage claim level, on east side, behind escalators.
3. To complete the Lost & Found Form claim online, open: broward.org/Airport/Services/Pages/LostFound.aspx
Airline policies regarding pets vary widely and it is highly recommended that you contact the airline prior to making a reservation. Here are some helpful tips for traveling with pets:
Tips for Traveling with Pets:
· First, contact your airline to find out the rules and regulations they have on pet travel.
· Do not tranquilize your pet, as the effects of tranquilizers on animals at higher altitudes can be unpredictable.
· The Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) has set up rules and regulations for the transportation of live animals, and your pet is required to be at least eight weeks old and fully weaned before traveling by air.
· Whenever possible, book a direct, nonstop flight and avoid holiday or weekend travel. Try to plan schedules that minimize temperature extremes.
· The kennel that you use must be sturdy, properly ventilated, and large enough for your pet to freely be able to stand, turn around and lie down.
· Get your pet comfortable with the kennel prior to flying; this reduces stress on your pet.
· Give your pet food and water within four hours before your flight. You will have to sign a certification of the time when you last offered food and water to your pet.
· Give yourself plenty of time for check-in so there is no rushing and everything is done properly
International Travelers at Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
For Terminal and /or Concourse connections, please refer to 'Terminal Map' page.
NOTE: Prior to departure make sure that your original airline will transfer bags to your connecting flight - if not, you need, after customs clearance, take them to your connecting terminal and check them in at your connecting airline counter before proceeding to your gate.