Frankfurt Hahn (HHN) Airport
Frankfurt Hahn HHN Airport Overview
Frankfurt Hahn Airport HHN is mainly served by low-cost airlines and serves the German Sate of Rhineland-Palatinate. In spite of its name, it is 120 km from Frankfurt (1.45 hrs by bus).
The Airport is located in Lautzenhausen, 10 km from Kirchberg and 20 km from Simmern, between the Cities of Bingen & Trier, in the Hunsrueck area. It is is accessible via motorways A1, A62, A63, A61, A48, B421, B50, B41, & B269. Motorways A1(west) & A16 (east) are both about 40 km from the Airport.
With a very long runway and an estimated 2.9 million passengers in 2011, Frankfurt Hahn Airport is - due to its more remote location - mainly served by low-cost airlines Ryanair, Wizz and & Iceland Express flights (with seasonal connections from Reykjavik to New York & Boston), as well as by seasonal charter airlines and tour operators, offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe. Note that Polish airline OLT Express will start service to Warsaw, Gdansk, Lodz & Gydgoszcz effective with the new winter time table.
NOTE: 1. It is recommended that you arrive at the Airport two hours ahead of your flight, particularly if you take a morning flight.
2. Those passengers who checked in online, can now drop off their bags the night before between 6 & 8pm for flights departing prior to 10am the next day (at EU 3.00 per piece).
3. ALL children from birth onwards need now to have a separate passport.
The passenger terminal at Frankfurt Hahn Airport serves mainly low-cost airlines and is open 24/7. It has 11 gates and 22 check-in counters. Its departure hall is directly next to the apron.
Passengers who checked in on-line can now drop off their baggage between the hours of 6pm-8:30pm for next-day flights departing prior to 10am at a cost of 3 EUR per piece.
The staffed Service / Information Center, is also the place to do your copying or faxing, store your keys or items rejected by Security, or hand in or retrieve lost items.
Other amenities and services inside the terminal: Internet access has been recently upgraded. Coin and credit card phones are at the entrance and in arrivals and departure lounges. Other amenities on that floor include restaurants, food court, shops & duty-free shop, currency exchange, ATMs, gambling salon, and luggage trolleys.
The upper level of the terminal offers food & drink, as does the visitor terrace.
Parking options at Frankfurt Hahn Airport:
1. If you come by car with passengers who will, like you, return to the airport within a few days/weeks, drop off your passenger(s) and luggage at the terminal first - then park your car in one of the long-term parking lots and board the free shuttle bus back to the terminal.
2. Parking facilities include: P1a garage, and P1b lot, both across from the passenger terminal. P1c is near the hotel. Parking lots P2a through P2i & parking lot 3a & 3b are all in close proximity to each other (south of the terminal), while parking lots 4a & 4b are further to the east and are served by shuttle buses. P1a & P1c can be reserved at special rate.
3. Parking is rated by 'Comfort' (P1), ' Quality' (P2), 'Smart' (P3) and 'Low Cost' (P4) and charges are accordingly. All facilities offer the first ten minutes free.
4. Disabled parking is available at P1 and, upon presenting your aG, H or BL disability ID, parking is free
Rental car counters for major agencies are located inside the passenger terminal, at the street level’s main entrance
To get from Frankfurt Hahn Airport to your destination, you can rent a car, take a taxi or a bus. The Airport Taxi is located at the Airport in Building 1358, Tel: +49 (0) 65 43 / 35 14. The taxi stand and bus stop are both to left of the main entrance, opposite the Information desk. Private Car, Van & Bus service is available by calling +49 (0) 6781 / 20 8122. Public transportation is available to the following destinations:
1. To Ida-Oberstein: Take Bus 351 at Bus Stop 4 – stops at train station (50 minutes) and goes on to Rhaunen Market (another 13 minutes).
2. To Trier (via Morbach): Take Bus 100 at Bus Stop 11. Multiple daily departures.
3. To Cochem - via Airport to Blankenrath central bus Terminal, Zell Lindenplatz, Bullay train station (with train connections to Cochen, Wittlich & Traben Trarbach), and on twice daily to Cochem train station. Take the Airport Shuttle Mosel Bus 750 which takes 46 mins to Bullay and 75 mins to Cohem. Available for at least 24-yr prior booking – Tel: 0180-5066-735.
4. To Simmern take the Rhein-Mosel Bus at stop 2 (with connections to Bingen & Bad Kreuznach). The bus departs 13 times a day, Tel: +49 (0) 6761/9066-0. The trip takes 38 mins.
5. To Kirn, take the Rhein Nahe Bus at Bus stop 4, which stops at Rhaunen Market and Kirn and takes 40-50mins to Kirn.
6. To Luxembourg - the new bus stops is in front of Hall B of the terminal.
Lautzenhausen, Rhineland-Pfalz, 55483
- Website for Frankfurt Hahn : http://www.hahn-airport.de/Default.aspx?menu=passengers_visitors&cc=en
- Email Address: http://www.hahn-airport.de/default.aspx?menu=contact&cc=en
- Phone: +49 65 43 509113
Frankfurt Hahn HHN Services
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Boston Logan BOS Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
Frankfurt Hahn HHN Airport Update History
- Updated HHN Airport Intro page - May 10, 2013
- Updated HHN Airports page - May 10, 2013
- Updated HHN Food & Stores page - Mar 8, 2013
- Updated HHN Parking On site page - Mar 4, 2013
- Updated HHN Direct Flights page - Feb 23, 2013
- Updated HHN Main Terminals page - Feb 1, 2013