Frankfurt Hahn (HHN) Airport
Frankfurt Hahn HHN Airport Overview
HHN Airport is located in Lautzenhausen, 10 km from Kirchberg and 20 km from Simmern, between the Cities of Bingen & Trier, in the Hunsrueck area. It is is accessible via motorways A1, A62, A63, A61, A48, B421, B50, B41, & B269. Motorways A1(west) & A16 (east) are both about 40 km from the Airport.
With a very long runway and and a yearly estimate of 2.9 million passengers, Frankfurt Hahn Airport is - due to its more remote location - mainly served by low-cost airlines and by seasonal charter airlines and tour operators, offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
NOTE: 1. It is recommended that you arrive at the Airport two hours ahead of your flight, particularly if you take a morning flight.
2. Those passengers who checked in online, can now drop off their bags the night before between 6 & 8pm for flights departing prior to 10am the next day (at EU 3.00 per piece).
3. ALL children from birth onwards need now to have a separate passport.
The passenger terminal at Frankfurt Hahn Airport has 11 gates and 22 check-in counters. Its departure hall is directly next to the apron.
Passengers who checked in on-line can now drop off their baggage between the hours of 6pm-8:30pm for next-day flights departing prior to 10am at a cost of 3 EUR per piece.
The staffed Service / Information Center, is also the place to do your copying or faxing, store your keys or items rejected by Security, or hand in or retrieve lost items.
Other amenities and services inside the terminal: Internet access has been recently upgraded. Coin and credit card phones are at the entrance and in arrivals and departure lounges. Other amenities on that floor include restaurants, food court, shops & duty-free shop, currency exchange, ATMs, rental car counters, gambling salon, and luggage trolleys.
The upper level of the terminal offers food & drink, as does the visitor terrace.
Parking options at Frankfurt Hahn Airport:
1. If you come by car with passengers who will, like you, return to the airport within a few days/weeks, drop off your passenger(s) and luggage at the terminal first - then park your car in one of the long-term parking lots and board the free shuttle bus back to the terminal.
2. Parking facilities include: P1a garage, and P1b lot, both across from the passenger terminal. P1c is near the hotel. Parking lots P2a through P2i & parking lot 3a & 3b are all in close proximity to each other (south of the terminal), while parking lots 4a & 4b are further to the east and are served by shuttle buses. P1a & P1c can be reserved at special rate.
3. Parking is rated by 'Comfort' (P1), ' Quality' (P2), 'Smart' (P3) and 'Low Cost' (P4) and charges are accordingly. All facilities offer the first ten minutes free.
Lautzenhausen, Rhineland-Pfalz, 55483
- Website for Frankfurt Hahn: http://www.hahn-airport.de/Default.aspx?menu=passengers_visitors&cc=en
- Contact: http://www.hahn-airport.de/default.aspx?menu=contact&cc=en
- Phone: +49 65 43 509113