Fuerteventura (FUE) Airport
Fuerteventura FUE Airport Overview
Fuerteventura Airport FUE serves the Spanish island of Fuerteventura - one of the Canary Islands located off the coast of North Africa - and the second-largest one after Tenerife island. Fuerteventura Island has been declared by UNESCO as a biosphere reserve.
The Airport is located in El Mattoral, 5 km southwest of the island's capital Puerto del Rosario. It is only 10 minutes from the Caleta de Fuste, and 35 minutes from Corralejo resorts. The Airport is accessible by road FV-1.
With two runways and an estimated 4.4 million passengers in 2012, Fuerteventura Airport is served by a multitude of domestic and international, regular and low-fare airlines, offering flights to domestic flights to Gran Canaria, Madrid, Barajas & Tenerife Norte, as well as to some cities on the Spanish mainland. However, most of the flights are those from European Union counries, mainly Germany and the U.K. Many seasonal charters also frequent the Airport.
The passenger terminal at Fuerteventura Airport has been undergoing extensive renovation and extension work, done in three phases, and tripling its size to 93,000 sq.meters. This includes 12 new gates and 6 new telescopic airbridges. The new check-in area with 31 new counters will bring it to a total of 65. (Apron expansion, automated baggage handling system and a new control tower are the remaining tasks.)
The terminal has a basement level (P0), a ground level (with departures lobby and check-in desks, and the arrivals hall & baggage reclaim area), and a first level with departures lounge, restaurants & services, and departure gates.
Amenities & services in the passenger terminal:
Aena Information desk, ATM cash machine, a children’s play area and a large terrace, and boarding gates. an Information desk; offices for passenger assistance; air ticket counters for Air Europa, Binter and Islas Airways; automatic check-in machines; offices for tour operators; a cafeteria; an ATM cash machine; a shopping area; a first-aid station, a pharmacy, and tourist, lost luggage, rental car and tour operator offices.. Outside the check-in area is a large terrace offering a cafeteria & grill.
Parking options at Fuerteventura Airport include over 1,200 parking spaces across from the passenger terminal for long- and short-term parking. For more parking information call 928 860 855.
To get from Fuerteventura Airport to your destination, you can rent a car on level P0 (Avis, Cicar, Hertz, Payless & Top Car), or take a taxi or a bus:
1. Taxi stands are in front of the Arrivals hall. The taxi fares are set according to the day and time they serve; to the regular fare an Airport supplement of 1.65 EUR is added. Weekday fares from 6am-10pm charge a tariff 1 fee per km, while weekday 10pm to 6am and holidays charge a tariff 2 fee per km. For more information call 928 850 216.
2. The Route 3 Bus stops in front of the terminal (tel. 928 852 166) and makes its run via Puerto del Rosario (Avenida de la Constitucion) - Hospital - Airport (in front of the terminal ) - El Matorral-Caleta de Fuste (Castillo).
The Route 10 Bus (tel. 928 852 166) makes its run via Puerto del Rosario (Avenida de la Constitución) - Airport (in front of the terminal) - Caleta de Fuste - Gran Tarajal - La Lajita - Costa Calma - Morro Jable.
Ctra. Matorral s/n
Fuerteventura / Las Palmas, 35610
- Website for Fuerteventura: http://www.aena-aeropuertos.es/csee/Satellite/Aeropuerto-Fuerteventura/en/Home.html
- Contact: email@example.com
- Phone: +34 91 321 1000
Fuerteventura FUE Airport Update History
- FUE Airports - Oct 28, 2013
- FUE Airlines Served - Jun 14, 2013