Girona-Costa Brava (GRO) Airport
Girona-Costa Brava GRO Airport Overview
Girona-Costa Brava Airport GRO is close to the tourist destinations of the Costa Brava and the Pyrenees, and is only a 40-minute drive from the French border. Even though the Airport is 92 km north of Barcelona, many prefer this Airport as an alternative to hectic Barcelona Airport (buses can take passengers to nearby Girona’s train station for a connecting train to Barcelona or elsewhere). Since Ryanair had chosen the Airport as one of its European hubs, passenger traffic had increased dramatically in the past years.
The Airport is located next to the village of Vilobi d’Onyar, 12 km southwest of the city of Girona, in the north-east of Catalonia, Spain. Motorways N-II, AP-7 (Exit 8) and motorway C-25 have marked exits joining the road to the Airport.
With a long runway and an estimated 2.8 million passengers in 2012 (in 2002 there were only 557,187), the Airport is served by domestic and international, regular and low-cost airlines, as well as various charter companies.
The on-Airport Salles Hotel Aeroport Girona can be contacted at tel. 972 477 940.
The passenger terminal at Girona-Costa Brava Airport offers the following amenities on its two levels P0 & P1:
Ground Level P0:
(a) Shops: Relay - news/books; Areas – food;
(b) Restaurants/Cafes: The Food Gallery;
(c) rental car desks for: Atesa, AurigaCrown, Avis, Europcar, & Goldcar;
(d) Tour Operators: Thompson, tel. 972 474 104; Viajes Anubis, t. 972 354 711;
(e) ATM cash machines: in check-in hall, arrivals hall, & baggage claim.
(f) Information points: Aena, tel. 902 404 704; Iberia, tel. 972 474 192; Tourist Board, tel. 972 186 7908; Ryanair, tel. 807 220 220; Transavia, tel. 807 075 022.
(g) Lost Luggage: Iberia, tel. 972 474 192; Lesma Handling (for Ryanair), tel. 972 186 735; & Servisair, tel. 972 186 697;
(h) Miscellaneous Services: mail box; lost property at Airport security office, tel. 972 186 787; Police, tel. 972 186 669.
First Level P1:
(a) Shops: Aldeasa - multi shops, one in pre- and one in post-security; Divers – books, foods, gifts; Medas – food;
(b) Restaurants/Cafes: Beer Garden; La Terraza; McDonald’s; Medas;
(c) ATM cash machines in boarding area (one for 4B (Banesto) & one for Servired (Caxa Girona).
Parking options at Girona-Costa Brava Airport: Currently there are three parking garages:
1. Two-level P1A and P1B have two automatic payment machines for coins & credit cards at the main entrance.
2. 6-level P2 parking garage has five automatic payment machines and two cash desks.
3. Open-air parking Lot P4 on the southern part of the Airport, past the passenger terminal and the coach parking lot, has 2,000 parking spaces and a kiosk with 3 automatic payment machines.
To get from Girona-Costa Brava Airport to your destination, you can rent a car, take a taxi or a bus: Taxis, situated at the official airport taxi stand, run by meter and will show the fare price and applicable additional charges; the price is the same for either one or more persons. If there is no taxi available at the taxi stand, call for one at 972 203 377 or 972 222 323.
Nine Bus lines are available (ticket sales are at the bus stop, tel. 902 361 550):
1. Airport – Andorra: connects with Andorra la Vella bus station.
2. Airport – Barcelona - tel: 902 361 550: Ryanair Buses connect with Barcelona’s North station (Esacion del Norte), next to the Arce de Triunfo; takes 70 mins.
3. Airport – Costa Brava Center – tel. 902 130 014 & 902 302 025: The bus line has two separate routes - one to Palamos, the other to Palafugell, both with stops in between
4. Airport – Costa Brava Norte route – tel: 902 130 014 or 902 302 025: Connects to Figueres, Empuriabrava and Roses.
5. Airport – Costa Brava South route – tel. 902 130 014 or 902 302 025: Goes to coastal towns.
6. Airport – Girona – tel. 902 361 550: Ryanair bus to Girona bus station, takes 25 mines, leaves every hour 4:30am-12:30am.
7. Airport – Grannolers – Mataro – tel. 902 130 014: to Granollers bus station and Mataro train station.
8. Airport – Le Boulou – Perpignan: to French cities of Le Boulou & Perpignan.
9. Airport – Lleida – tel. 972 204 868: the bus stop is in front of the Vilobi Park Hotel, outside the Airport.
Vilobi de Onyar / Costa Brava, 17185
- Website for Girona-Costa Brava: http://www.aena-aeropuertos.es/csee/Satellite/Aeropuerto-Girona-Costa-Brava/en/Home.html
- Contact: email@example.com
- Phone: +34 91 321 1000
Girona-Costa Brava GRO Airport Update History
- GRO Airports - Oct 28, 2013
- GRO Airlines Served - Jul 3, 2013
- GRO Official Website Links - Jun 6, 2013